Help me find the answer if you can

Guest Just me

Guest Just me

Remember when Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to Mecca and had his feet positioned towards the mosque, and the lesson we learnt was that God is everywhere. Then how comes when we go to the Gurdwara, it is a must that we sit cross-legged? I know this is out of respect but Waheguru exists everywhere right? So aren't we somewhat contradicting here? :) A question I've thought of quite frequently. grin.gif

Remember when Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to Mecca and had his feet positioned towards the mosque, and the lesson we learnt was that God is everywhere. Then how comes when we go to the Gurdwara, it is a must that we sit cross-legged? I know this is out of respect but Waheguru exists everywhere right? So aren't we somewhat contradicting here? :)   A question I've thought of quite frequently.  grin.gif

109527[/snapback]

It is a contradiction. Mehtab Singh asks "Are we the equivalent of Guruji?" The Guru's are called Guru's as they taught us a way of life. The way we should lead our life in accordance with Waheguru. Don't forget the ultimate being is not any of the Guru's but Waheguru. The Guru's were his messengers.

Many people come to the Gurudwara and be on their best behaviour etc. But once they leave, they will be back to normal and do wrong things. Do they think that Waheguru is only present in the Gurudwara? Have respect for Waheguru everywhere, not just in the Gurudwara, hence me saying that pointing your feet at the Guru Granth is not wrong.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

GURFATEH !!

IF U WALKED INTO GURUDWARA OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER AND U SAW SRI GURU NANAK DEV JI MAHARAJ THERE WUD U SIT WID UR FEET POINTED AT THEM ?

From my very limited understanding, when we are at gurdwara sahib, we do not point our feet towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj because in that room, that is where our Guru is. We are not saying that Vaheguru is not everywhere, but we are saying that Guru Granth Sahib jee is at that particular place and we must show full respect to Bani.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.....

From my very limited understanding, when we are at gurdwara sahib, we do not point our feet towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj because in that room, that is where our Guru is. We are not saying that Vaheguru is not everywhere, but we are saying that Guru Granth Sahib jee is at that particular place and we must show full respect to Bani.

109583[/snapback]

YUP THAT'S WOT I HAVE BEEN TOLD ASWELL, WE DO NOT POINT AT FEET AT MAHARAJ BEACUSE THAT IS GURU JI'S PHYSICAL PRESCENCE.

BHULL CHUK MUAFF

Guest Just me

Thank you for your replies.

Of all this makes makes most sense to me.

109583[/snapback]

But by the same token, a mosque houses Koran. Do you see what I'm trying to get at? :) @

Sat Sri Akal:

There is a larger message that Guru Nanak Sahib wished to impart to the devout Muslims. At the time, the world was split into a lot of divisions...Muslims looked at all others as infidels. Hindus, split amongst castes, had the Brahmins that considered themselves superior to all. Guru Nanak Sahib went to Mecca to tell the people that the Almighty does not just reside in Mecca, but rather everywhere (as even the Qua'ran states). The next Vaar of Bhai Gurdas Sahib supports this, as the debate that immediately followed was who is better, a Hindu or a Muslim. It was to show the singluarity of humanity that was the mission of Guru Nanak Sahib in Mecca, not to point his feet at Mecca and disrespect the Muslims.