Need Help?

Guest Harjeet Kaur

Guest Harjeet Kaur

Fateh Sangat Ji,

I seriously need some help. For the past couple of days I'm getting so angry and <Edited> off even jelousy kicks in at times. Even little things get at me. I dont know why this happens. I try calming myself down by doin Simran Jaap and mt Paaht, it's ok for a while, but then I start to kick off again. It's just the smallest of smallest things that piss me off and get me swearing. (Like my siblings etc...) I dont want to swear because I'm planning on taking Amrit but before I take Amrit I want to take this Krodh & jelousy out of me. But I'm seeming to get no where with it.

Can my brothers and sisters please help me oversome this problem?

Fateh,

it's all about self-control and self-discipline. perhaps you could look up the thread on Swearing in this forum to read what Guru Sahib has to say about swearing and that might put you off swearing. Anger is a natural feeling which , in my opinion, cannot be completely eradicated from a person's being. The most we can do is to control our anger instead of letting it run our lives. Perhaps when you feel angry, try to jupp Vaaheguroo a few times, take a couple of deep breaths, take a step back from the situation which is angering you & try to view it in a different perspective, talk to somebody you love and trust about the issue which angers you.Same thing for jealousy IMHO...good luck bhainjee. :)

it's all about self-control and self-discipline. perhaps you could look up the thread on Swearing in this forum to read what Guru Sahib has to say about swearing and that might put you off swearing. Anger is a natural feeling which , in my opinion, cannot be completely eradicated from a person's being. The most we can do is to control our anger instead of letting it run our lives. Perhaps when you feel angry, try to jupp Vaaheguroo a few times, take a couple of deep breaths, take a step back from the situation which is angering you & try to view it in a different perspective, talk to somebody you love and trust about the issue which angers you.Same thing for jealousy IMHO...good luck bhainjee. :)

110617[/snapback]

Good advice panji

Though anger can be mastered if a person is given space to reflect on life and waheguru.

I suggest harjeet you spend time for yourself like in a park, take a trusted Sikh bro or sis along and just spend time clearing your mind, breathe freely and chill out in natural surroundings.

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

wen ur angry, if u have a punch bag or a a think pillow, beat da crap of it, n say waheguru whilst u batter it. or use a bat or smin.

beleive it works!

Guest Harjeet Kaur

Thankyou Sangat Ji for your advice. I do try Vaheguru Simran and take deep breaths but at that time I'm so angry and i jus swear from the top of my lungs then I realise it after, why did i say that? Now even my brothers say to me how I cant become a sucessful Amrit Dhari and its really putting me down, because I know what theyre saying is right. I'm even trying to get back on track of just doing paaht every so often but I'm calm for a couple of hours then my siblings would make one comment and I've kicked off again.

Waheguroo Jee

I used to suffer from Krodh loads in my teenage years, and it would mean I really did some real stupid stuff, which I would really regret once it had been done. But at that particular time, you can't control it becos Krodh is such a powerful demon.

My dad recommended to me to do Ardaas, in a real loving and deep felt way, every night before going to sleep of "Waheguroo Jee, please save me from Krodh". I kept doing this for a few months and this gradually calmed me down a lot.

This don't mean that I no longer suffer from Krodh, its just that I don't do so much stupid stuff as I used to before, and am generally now a calmer person.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa! Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhenjee, try repeating this Shabad as often as possible.....

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 259

sloku ]

salok ||

Shalok:

rosu n kwhU sMg krhu Awpn Awpu bIcwir ]

ros n kaahoo sa(n)g karahu aapan aap beechaar ||

Do not be angry with anyone else; look within your own self instead.

hoie inmwnw jig rhhu nwnk ndrI pwir ]1]

hoe nimaanaa jag rehahu naanak nadharee paar ||1||

Be humble in this world, O Nanak, and by His Grace you shall be carried across. ||1||

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa! Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

You can either try to take your attention off your anger/jelousy and divert it towards something constructive. Which is easily said then done, but it doesn't guarantee the anger will not come back. Certainly it can be helpfull but without truely undesrtanding the source of our problems we cannot erradicate/control them. Or You can tackle your anger/jelousy head on and ask yourself why am i getting angry and what for? What purpose will getting angry serve me, why do i get jelous? Are you happy with what you have, be content with what you have there will be no room for jelousy.

You must provide answers to these problems First Step which you have taken already is accepting that they are there. Second is to understand their source. WHY did they Arise and WHAT was the cause. Be introspective. Begin from there with a prayer.