Just Curious

Guest call me wa u wan

Guest call me wa u wan

IS IT COMPULSORY FOR AMRITDHARI WOMEN TO WEAR A DASTAAR?????

COZ I'VE MET MANY HU DONT ....BUT THEY ALWAYS AV THERE HEAD COVERED :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj blessed us with an identity. Why would we not want to tie a Dastaar, when Guru Sahib blessed us with it?

In my opinion, a Chunni is not a very practical way to keep one's head covered. It slides off and women are seen fixing them all the time in Darbar. They could be focusing on the Kirtan/Katha, as opposed to worrying whether their heads are covered or not. Even when going about in daily life, a Chunni could get caught in something, slide off when bending over to pick up something, blown off in the wind, the list goes on.

Even a Ramaal isn't as practical as a Dastaar. The Dastaar is protection for our hair and our head. It sets us apart and gives us an identity. It is our crown.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest _Anon_

The Dastar is compulsory for men and women. An Amritdhari girl should have the Roop of the Khalsa, and recognised as Khalsa, not confused with Hindu (wearing a Chunni) or a Muslim (wearing Ramal with hair at the back like a Muslim woman/Somalian women often wear it).

Bhai Daya Singh (original Panj Pyare) makes a mention in his Rehat Nama that women should never have their hair at the back but rather have it tied as a top knot.

If a girl is not ready to wear a Dastar and keep proper Khalsa Roop, she is not ready to take Amrit. One is only ready to take Amrit when they want to adopt the form of God Himself, with all 5 Kakkars and a Crown tied on their head.

Guest Guest

yess a bibi should tie dastar, minimum keski but why not dastar. it use to be rehit and you should keep ur identity dont fall in to the western fashion trap.

Guest Guest

They both are okay. I will respect that bibi without daastar as i same do same with daastar dharan bibi. Respect others by what they have inside not just outside.

• 15 years later...
On 7/27/2005 at 9:27 AM, Guest call me wa u wan said:

IS IT COMPULSORY FOR AMRITDHARI WOMEN TO WEAR A DASTAAR?????

COZ I'VE MET MANY HU DONT ....BUT THEY ALWAYS AV THERE HEAD COVERED :)

I dont think its compulsory. Its a very controversial subject.

On 7/28/2005 at 4:42 AM, Guest _Anon_ said:

If a girl is not ready to wear a Dastar and keep proper Khalsa Roop, she is not ready to take Amrit. One is only ready to take Amrit when they want to adopt the form of God Himself, with all 5 Kakkars and a Crown tied on their head.

This is the main reason I still haven't taken amrit yet because I am still practicing to tie a dastaar. Sometimes, I cry because I don't know how to tie a dastaar. Sometimes I cry because I still haven't taken amrit. With me only being 16 this year, I really hope maharaj blesses me with dastaar sjaun di daat and amrit di daat soon. Guru sahib is definitely teaching me how to be patience here.