Amrit Dhari Anand Karaj

Guest _Gurjeet Kaur_

fateh jio.

I sort of dissagree with all this.. I think i mean u shud be allowed to wear chooria, and some jewellery on ur wedding day... but thas jus me. Even if i were to become amritdhari, i wud want to ... wear chooria and some gold. But still stay simple...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fateh jio.

I sort of dissagree with all this.. I think i mean u shud be allowed to wear chooria, and some jewellery on ur wedding day... but thas jus me. Even if i were to become amritdhari, i wud want to ... wear chooria and some gold. But still stay simple...

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

We are to live out Guru Ji's Hukam every single day that we live, no matter what we are doing or where we are. When u are getting married... u are getting married in front of YOUR GURU... and soo in the end WHO ELSE CARES what u look like or how much gold ur lengha had or how heavy ur churian were. Ya manmukh's may talk and be like " what was up with her.. not jewellery...nothing" but who cares about what they think. In the end all u have to do is make ur Guru Ji be happy with u and everything else will come into place. Stay simple.. and thneu with all the money u saved u can put it towards something useful..or amybe even donate it.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

Here is a gurbani tuk from bhai gurdas ji's varan, Bhai sahib is clear on the subject of gold in terms of do we really, as gurus students need it? :wub:

Pauri 11 (Sone da drisatant)

Suniara suina gharai gahane savare.

Pipal vatare valia tanaure tare.

Vesari nathi vakhaniai kanth mala dhare.

Tikati mani motisar gajare pasare.

Dur bahuta gol chhap kari bahu parakare.

Ape api varatada gurmukh vichare.

Pauri 11 (Example of Gold)

The goldsmith creates bauetiful ornaments out of gold. Among them many arelike pipal leaf for adornment of ears and many are made of gold wire. From gold, nose rings and necklaces are also worked into their shape. Ornmanets for the forehead (tikka), jewel studded necklace, pearl garlands are mad. Variegated wrist chains and round rings are prepared from gold. The gurmukh feels that like gold. He is the basis of each and every thing.

:wub:

• 6 months later...
Guest sumayyah

im sorry :wub: but im doin my school hw and i dnt no wat an amrit dhari an i dnt want to get it wrong otherwise its not nice so could you please kindly tell me wat an amrith dhari is thanku

many t hanks d_oh.gif