Amrit Dhari Anand Karaj

Guest _Gurjeet Kaur_

hmm... kinda iffy topic... i guess i agree with balait.... i mean if they wnt to... they can... there's no law in sikhi which says u can't... but i guess u gotta stay simple too... i mean lookin nice isn't wrong... but at what lengths one is willin to go is the question... a lil jewellery aint bad... but... what one person considers a lil might be diff from what another considers a lil... i guess i's up to the person... they'll know wha's right or wrong..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

yeh but is the "Choorah" ceremony ok? I've seen some Choorah ceremonies done at the Gurdwara in Canada many times.

Actualy this topic is realy confusing.

wjkkwjkf

rest is ok

rem 4 things

1. no alcohol /non veg

2. no // malas in the hazoori of guru granth sahib

3.no djs and bhangras

4. (imp)anand karaj should be done before 12 noon as suhi raag can only be read before 12 in the morning

bcm

wjkkejkf

Guest Guest

wat if it isn done be4 12 noon. There was a couple (fam friends) and on the cards the Anand Karaj was said to be at 11.00 but ended up taking place at 1.00 in da afternoon

Waheguoo Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Personally I don't think that anyone is going against Sikhi if they wear jewellery, if they want to then fine..... so long as if they are Amrit Dhari they abide by the Rehat Maryada by which they took Amrit..... e.g. dont pierce any part of the body in Akal Takht Maryada.... Nevertheless, if one wants to be stricter than the Rehat Maryada they are given when taking Amrit and perhaps not wear jewellery altogether, then that too is good..... it depends on the person's own beliefs...and motivations to wearing jewellery....

As an individual I think that one should remember that our true necklaces, bracelets etc are Maale of Naam, Bani and Simran...... as Guroo Jee expresses in the following Shabad:

pRB qum qy lhxw qUM myrw ghxw ]

O God, from You I receive; You are my decoration.

jo qUM dyih soeI suKu shxw ]

Whatever You give me, brings me happiness.

Once this concept has been understood fully then I don't think anyone would really care whether or not they wear jewellery..... their avasthaa should be such that when they wear it and also when they dont wear it, they feel content, and no different internally........

Also, on the topic of colours, I wouldn't really say any colour is 'condemned' or considered wrong, nor does it indicate the love one has for Guroo Jee.... just that one may need to wear certain colours carefully, at appropriate times..... regarding the colour red, Guroo Jee also says.....

lwl rMgu iqs kau lgw ijs ky vfBwgw ]

One is dyed in the color of the Lord's Love, by great good fortune.

The colour red is used to describe the state of an individual when they are fully imbued in Guroo Jee's Naam.... this is used on many occasions in Gurbani as the colour of the Lord's Love..... it surely cannot be a bad or 'condemned' colour.... All colours are created by Guroo Jee.....

Forgive me for any mistakes......

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh