Not Having Boyfriends/girlfriends?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Sangat Ji,

I no dis ayn probably right important at the moment but I wanted to know the views of is it wrong not having boyfriends. I've never had one, I was always thirsty for Guru Ji's name and this one girl, I dont even know her. She came up to me and we got talking she asked me if i ever had a boyfriend and I told her I havent even had a guy mate, is that wrong? Because she had started to laugh at me and say I'm a boring person. (This girls Sikh herself with an Amrit Dhari background, as in her parents n grandparents etc... But she also tells everyone she wants to become Amrit Dhari.) She made me look like a fool for a few minutes as if I havent got a life. Now I dont know why I feel as if I'm drifting away from Guru Ji. I dont have the same thirst of Guru Ji's name. Sangat Ji what can I do? Everytime I start thinking wat that gurl sed and wonder what if other girls think the same way about me?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dear sister, since when did a Sikh of Guru Sahib start bothering about what someone says about him/her? duniya di aisi di taisi (especially when it comes to following Sikhi and loving Gurujee). Sikh girls who love Gurujee shud give a dam about what/how other guys think about them or see them, and Sikh guys who love Gurujee shud give a dam about what/how other girls think of them or see them. Its Gurujee's opinion about u that matters the most. These people u meet on earth will die one day, and so will their opinion, so why care?

she had started to laugh at me and say I'm a boring person.
Maybe guys know u are not stupid to fall for them and thats why they dont wanna mess with u :e:
This girls Sikh herself with an Amrit Dhari background, as in her parents n grandparents etc
so? so what? that doesn't give her any kind of license or authority to put anyone down...her family being amritdhari is no guarantee that she will be an angel as well rolleyes.gif
But she also tells everyone she wants to become Amrit Dhari
and still asks u about boyfriends? gosh i find this female and not u boring wacko.gif
She made me look like a fool for a few minutes as if I havent got a life
probably she is the 1 without a life...maybe her amritdhari folks get on her nerves to get a life coz she dont seem to have 1...a life without a boyfriend...hahahahaha LOL.gif
Now I dont know why I feel as if I'm drifting away from Guru Ji. I dont have the same thirst of Guru Ji's name.
nah juz chill..u r fine...its juz some dum stuff from this friend of urs making u think too much...relax...its all gonna be ok :TH:
Everytime I start thinking wat that gurl sed
dont think about her...she aint worth wasting the time and energy
and wonder what if other girls think the same way about me?
although they'll never admit it, they probably envy u "oh my God she is so mentally strong! never had a guy mate! she is an angel!" :doh:

u r Gurujee's daughter...feel special...walk with ur head high and dont let any <banned word filter activated> guy or dum girl make u feel otherwise :)

Guest _Anon_

If you are serious about your Sikhi and ever finding a properly practising Sikh partner later in life they will be very much against and disgusted with the concept of partners prior to marriage.

If you feel your love for Sikhi is dwindling (and everyone goes through "dry patches") then attend more Keertan programs, keep better Sangat etc. Sangat is key. What country are you from? Do you know the events that happen in your area? Don't worry about someone saying your boring.

Guest Guest

Tell her she is corrupted by the corrupted society so she thinks that having boyfriends and girlfriends is ok. Tell her that you are a Sikh of Guru and have high character and are above the corrupted society. Tell her she has lust problems and tell her to join you and come to path of SatGuru. Tell her to stop thinking about boys and ask her to join you and be a better person. Brothers and sisters, become strong and face these people. Tell her to become a Gurmukh and become a Khalsa so she is above the corrupted society.

Gurfateh....Well, ur situation is kind of common where im from...But y do u worry about wht she said?? Tht's not a hukumnama from Guruji...U know sumthin...When i myself first wore a dhumala , some members of the sangat approached me n ridiculed me...they said tht i look stupid n asked me whether i wanna become a giani in future...I juzt smiled n walked away...Then in school too, i was often made fun of....But only one thought made me never stop or refrain from wht i was doing....tht is the love for Guruji...Do not worry about wht ppl say about u...But keep on walking on gurmat marag which very few ppl walk upon...remember wht i said...ur never alone ...He is always there...Gurfateh..

That girl has no ukal!

She might have laffed at you but did u think that maybe she has no boyfriends. No stranger asks someone a question like that unless it is them who has issues.

It maybe she saw you a respectable looking girl and thought ok i have never had a man friend lets c if she has cus if she has then i need to get me self one. I might be wrong but girls like that aint worth thinking about.

You yourself should choose your path and don't let petty comments get in the way. Boyfriends/girlfriends are not important compared to God. :TH:

Guest Guest
You yourself should choose your path and don't let petty comments get in the way. Boyfriends/girlfriends are not important compared to God. :TH:

111911[/snapback]

VERY WELL PUT penji. :TH:

Here's how I look at it:

Us kaurs can be one of two types of people: we can be the kind of girl that becomes weak,that feelsthe need to live in a way that pleases others, that depends on a male partner for this false sense of security. Or we can be the other kind - the kind of girl that doesn't give a damn what others say about her, that's tough and independant.

When I look at this, to me the second kind sounds better. I dunno about you, I just thought I'd share.

Here's how I look at it:

Us kaurs can be one of two types of people: we can be the kind of girl that becomes weak,that feelsthe need to live in a way that pleases others, that depends on a male partner for this false sense of security. Or we can be the other kind - the kind of girl that doesn't give a damn what others say about her, that's tough and independant.

When I look at this, to me the second kind sounds better. I dunno about you, I just thought I'd share.

112032[/snapback]

i could not agree more with you. soooooooooooo nicely said. be the 2nd type of kaur...ANYTIME, ANYDAY...it's a better option... :)

Here's how I look at it:

112032[/snapback]

i could not agree more with you. soooooooooooo nicely said. be the 2nd type of kaur...ANYTIME, ANYDAY...it's a better option... :)