Difference Between Dhumala N Normal Dastar?

Gurfateh...Sangat ji....i wanted to ask this question since quite sum time ago...Finally gotten da chance....Can anybody tell me the difference between a dhumala n a normal dastar i.e. a sharp dastar like the one in dis smiley :T: ..

I hv asked a number of ppl but they didn give me a clear answer...Any humble soul care to take the trouble to answer my question specifically?? Thnk u...Fateh Parvaan Ji..!

Gurfateh...Sangat ji....i wanted to ask this question since quite sum time ago...Finally gotten da chance....Can anybody tell me the difference between a dhumala n a normal dastar i.e. a sharp dastar like the one in dis smiley  :T: ..

I hv asked a number of ppl but they didn give me a clear answer...Any humble soul care to take the trouble to answer my question specifically?? Thnk u...Fateh Parvaan Ji..!

111867[/snapback]

Dhumala offers much more protection as it is like a helmet on your head. You tie like a keski (for anyone who doesnt believe keski as kakkar or whatever, a small dastar materiel) by twisting it into your kesh and making like a jalebi outa it to make a joora. As opposed to how u tie normally? (i dnt know how people normally tie it, is it knot? my kesh aint long enuf therefore then only joora i get is by padding and wrapping keski into kesh).

Then you tie like a round dastar on your head, but dnt tie it toooo low and keep it tite!!! then you tie your last dastar making your dhumala. Include shastar too, again these offer you more protection and act as defense and make you look scary (battlefield purpose)

Im not sure what other people views are on Dhumala and normal but a normal to me is more based for granthis etc as when they put Maharaj to bed, he is able to balance easier where as Dhumala he cant due tot he shape...

Dhumalla looks better too!! lol, i duno, i prefer it!!! Even my parents prefer it now they got used to it as they only used to like kenyan style before but coz i refused it and stayed Dhumala they got used to it and now think its better.

Besides, look at the pictures in history!! They wore Dhumala as it offers more.

its a personal choice, but to me, the only point in your dastar should be a teer or khanda sticking out sharply!!

hope that kinda helped? its a difficult topic to express i guess...

WJKK WJKF

Nice post above

In spirituality.. Both styles are same.. As long as it's turban, tied neatly, poney daily, kept it with respect is sikh turban otherwise its just a fabric.

The way i see is.. Peak style which is more formal look and while dumala is more rough look like in sports etc..

The way i see is.. Peak style which is more formal look and while dumala is more rough look like in sports etc..

111869[/snapback]

AGREED!!!!!!!

Dhumala with shirt and tie dont go!!! lol

I look dodgey in my sisters graduation pic!!! Big Dhumala with shirt on, no way!! looks nasty!!!! lol but dnt mean i takin it off!! lol jst means next time parents best get used to a Bana in photos!