Should They Be Respected?

hardykaur

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VJKK VJKF

Seems so simple to me.. yet hard...

THey shouldnt be gianis! If caught, get chucked out.. straight. Don;t let them get away with it. I dont understand whats stopping everyone form just doing that.

And Gianis take advantage of it all.

158282[/snapback]

One of the main reasons why it isn't so simple is partially, as mentioned previously, most of the victims feel either too shy or scared, maybe due to the outcome and do not wish to come forward. They may feel that they cannot share this with anyone, as the listener may interpret her as one of these gyals who checks the lads and is one of these typical Punjabi gyals.

As "on-lookers" all we are able to do is promote the issue, and make people more aware of the situation at hand. A forum like this one is an exceptional idea to spread the word and/or passing the information through mates.

There are simple ways in which to decrease the risk of these cases arising. Common methods are going with a mate to the Gurdwara, another method could involve making it obvious that you're recording him on your phones. This use of mobile phones will certainly intimidate him, and make you seem less vulnerable and more in control of the situation. Remember, they target gyals who seem easily intimidated and shy.

I've mentioned before by recording the events as a written log, or even going to the extent of photographing/recording the "ghianis" by using mobile phones. This will create a visual profile of them together with the written log notes.

But hey, maybe that's going to the extreme tongue.gif

Spread the Word and Raise Awareness.

no.gifohmy.gifno.gifohmy.gif ..... no.gif ... :'( ... pray.gif

i cannot f*****g believe this...wat th....

nooo waaaayyyy...this cant be...shudn't be happnin!!!!! soooo wrrroooonngg...

sumthin definately needs 2 b don...but how???

&hardy kaur penji i agree wiv most other ppl here, i no its gonnna b hard, but tell sum1 close 2 u, tell sum1, do it 4 urself and ur sisters.

this is messed up man...im pleased 2 say i hav never encountered a...how shall i put it..."corrupt" gianni/pathhi pray.gif i pray i never will, but the giannis/patthis u speak of in this thread r givin all th other giannis & patthis a bad name, and dishounuring the name of sikhi ....i cant believe it .... shockin stuff...

how dare they...read from he gUru Granth Sahib Ji & then forget th teachings within it... unbeleviable. :wub:

they will get wats coming to them, Vaheguru will see 2 that!!!!!! :@

Dear brothers and sisters,

there's no point in posting hearsay, it can be nindiya of our Granthi Singhs. Instead, if you have solid, firsthand knowledge of this happening, then network with local Singhs and sort out the situation (preferrably without the police so it can save us some embarrassment).

I'm sure everyone has "heard" such and such 'granthi' doing such and such....but it can all be false, and all it does is give fuel to certain people amongst us who love to bash 'granthis'.

Like msingh said, lets take some ACTION and get theses problems sorted out. Writing endlessly on what we 'heard" about such and such isn't going to do anything.

And most likely this an be dealt with without violence. Most will be so embarassed when confronted, that they won't have the balls to stay in their position of power. if they they however don't budge, then it's time for a litle Sunday morning speech at the gurdwara...name and shame!

yea thats true, the least anyone can do is give the address or area of the gurudwara! so ppl can be aware instead of just sayin the things that happened.

Cos your identity isnt going to be revealed if you say for a certain gurudwara in such n such a city.

cos its annoying to hear all these horrible things and not even knowing where its happening! and whether others are at risk

bhul chuk di kima

FAteh Ji

penji I've bin on the same boat. But thing was I didnt want to ask n e 1 be4 they take the rong idea. I need some advice too there's this Gyani @ the local Gurdwara I go to and he's quite young bout 26/28 and the way he looks isnt right at the Bibiya.

One day I went to the Gurdwara as i normally do be4 going to uni and there wasnt much sangat in the Gurdwara. I was waiting for my friend and he was properly staring at every step I took. I kind of did get scared, and that was the first time ever I was at  Guru Ghar and I felt uncomfortable because of this  gyani. So I thought I'd go outside and wait for my friend, she usualy picks me up. When I went out he followed me straight out and he pinched me really hard "behind" and then smiled. I was actualy in tears. I was realy embarased by it wasnt he? I cant even tell any one. If I had told my parents they probably have thought all sorts. And then on sundays you go to the Gurdwara he acts realy innocent because every Sunday I see him doing Kirtan. I dont know what to do. I realy cant tell any one,they probably think I'm making it up. It's really embarasing.

And I'm not the only girl he has done this to, I know of another aswel. But we cant say anything. We dont know how to.

That really did shock me, do these types of gyanis have any respect? Should they realy be at Guru Ghar while doing all this?

111978[/snapback]

I'm sorry to hear of this incident! Perverts like that should be publically shamed. then castrated.

You should discuss this a family member, to see what can be done (only if you choose to pursue it) which i sincerly hope you do. Do not be afraid to take any neccesary steps to make it clear that this kind of abuse will not be tolerated, you can make a complaint at the Police Station.

Yes it will bring bad publicity but it's what needs to be done in order to stop kanjar like these. Look at the Church, how many peadophlia cases have they covered up? it's all out in the open now isn't it!

If you need a juthi, please let me know I have some size 11 caterpillars with a heavy sole which I think would be very suitable for such activity.

I'm sure it'll do much more damage than a flip flop!

About 18 months ago Sikhs rioted outside that theatre that was putting on a play about sex abuse in a Gurdwara by a commitee leader. Lots of Sikhs said it could never happen in a Gurdwara. Those people are going to look stupid when and if sexual abuse is uncovered by the police and it turns out that it was covered up by giannis and patties. It won't surprise me if it does happen. It happened in the Catholic church. It happens in Muslim madrassas. It has happened in mandirs in the UK too. But as usual, the culture of denial and silence reigns supreme, and evil men who exploit the vocation of the Guru get away with their crimes, better to hush hush it all and brush it under the carpet. What a rotten and sad mentality.

158073[/snapback]

Why do you think all the buddhe were up in arms? Because they know, and we know it happens on a daily basis.

We forget Guruji has told us to stand up to this kind of thing and not, sweep it under the carpet and stroke our long beards and say 'Waheguru' We have to do something about it and SOONER rather than later!! :wub: :@

And most likely this an be dealt with without violence. Most will be so embarassed when confronted, that they won't have the balls to stay in their position of power. if they they however don't budge, then it's time for a litle Sunday morning speech at the gurdwara...name and shame!

158301[/snapback]

Yes so this Kanjar can go elsewhere and abuse another girl!

People like this understand nothing better than good kick in the unmentinables. He'll not forget it in a hurry! LOL.gif