MARTIAL ARTS

Akaali

Balwinder Bhainji,

I'm going to be taking 'Aikido' soon, just gotta start doing some exercise!! Its a very efficient martial arts, where the sole purpose is to defend yourself, and in defending yourself you end up hurting the aggressor, by moving his forced energy to an open space, so its kinda coool. grin.gif Here's where I'll ba taking it...

http://www.shibumi-aikikai.freeservers.com/

Guest balwinderkaur
Balwinder Bhainji,

I'm going to be taking 'Aikido' soon, just gotta start doing some exercise!! Its a very efficient martial arts, where the sole purpose is to defend yourself, and in defending yourself you end up hurting the aggressor, by moving his forced energy to an open space, so its kinda coool.  Here's where I'll ba taking it...

http://www.shibumi-aikikai.freeservers.com/

wow veerjee that sounds really cool. i'm thinking of joining aikido club once i go to uni. itz a nice martial art. :umm: but of coz nothing beats the dexterity and agility demanded by gatka/shastervidya. :umm:

Mod Note: Post accidently sent to moderators/admins by user id jagjit_waheguru

------

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru jike fateh

pyare jio, it does not matter what you, as long as you do it with dedication.

I did tae kwon do for 5 years, fought in many national tournaments, and it was the experience of a lifetime. I was the only sikh, but the people you meet in these circles are amazing, so focussed, friendly and down to earth. Plus it got me amazingly fit.

I did gathka for a while, and then streetfighting. Then got into sikhi and sangat, and found I did not have much time for anything else.

I need to get back into it now, because unfit again.

waheguru ji kekhalsa,waheguru jike fateh

I think the kirpan might come in the way of learning 'AIKIDO'...

Here's a post I read from this board, which came across to me as very interesting!!!!!!!! grin.gif

The first thing to learn when one enters in a Aikido dojo(training arena) is to keep the mind open and free to not become a prisioner of preconceptions no matter from where it commes and how it looks.

Religions should give liberty to man to contact the gods in the way he feels suitable to him.

Besides a basic concept in Aikido is "Ai" (harmony) and this envolves the environement.

This means that if one is in winter he should use a coat, if in summer a "t" shirt, to feel more confortable and healthy.

If one is in his religion temple he shol use the proper garments, if inside of the Aikido dojo, just use dogi and hakama.

Diferent actitudes inside a dojo would be just a demonstration of a preconceptioned actitude as well as fundamentalistic one, and this is very bad.

We are in the XXI century.

Without a free mind, good aikido training is impossible.

God does not care about garnements, after all we were all born naked, so all creation.

Cloth is just a cultural aspect.

A good aikido instructor maybe would tolerate certain excentricities, but just with the hope that maybe the person in the future can understand that they are not necessary.

I have not this tolerance,once it can stimulated others to breack the dojo´s ethiquete and discipline.

Wagner Bull

<

br>Man, that really shed some light. Because if you look at it, you come on this world naked, and leave naked, your soul is the most important thing you should be worried about. And how to develop that soul and attain that oneness with Waheguru ji...

I wanna see what you guys think, cuz I got a couple more questions! :umm: