The Wounded Sikh

Guest Guest

Once there was this Singh and he would always crawl into the darbar sahib from the back like he was injured, he would slowly, slowly crawl along the floor croaking in a painful voice:

"Guru Ji!! Guru Ji! oh! Pyara!! OH! Mardita sano! Guru!! Bachala menoo!" "Guru Ji!! Guru Ji!!"

The whole sangat would look at him and get worried as if he was about to die. Sometimes he would go out for ages and when people came around him to see if he was alright he would suddenly:-

"GURU JI!! GURU JI!! Guru maharaj ji!!!! GURU JI!" and continue towards maharaj Ji, crawling and crawling, crying and suffering, crawling on hands and knees dragging himself slowly. People would think he was wounded. when he got to the golak he would reach into his pocket and get some money out and put it in the golak like nothing ever happened then he would:-

"GURU JI!! GURU JI!! GURU JI!! Guru Ji!! GURU JI!!" AGAIN then he would weep and cry and just look at Maharaj Ji for ages. Do dandaut put his arms outstretched towards Guru Maharaaj! After about half an hour of this he would then get up say Fateh! "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru ji Ki Fateh!" and sit down to get knocked out in kirtan where he would sit for hours and just not move an inch.

Anyway about six weeks of this and the sangat started to get a bit ticked off! what the hell is he doing? one day they caught him outside and said what the hell are you playing at you silly Singh?

He looked at them all and then looked down at their feet and started to cry and he said..."Ever since Guru Maharaaj first saw a Dusht, Paapi like me, he took out his bow and arrow and shot me through the heart. When this arrow hit my heart I started to bleed and when this blood was pouring I felt the hunger for NAAM and I took Amrit out of Desperation for Naam. And now every time I come to do Guru Maharajas darshan I feel the teer stuck in my heart and I feel that Hunger For naam! and Pyare! Maaf Karna! I am still bleeding even more each time I come to Maharaaj's Darshan, each time I hear the Naam the teer goes a little deeper, and I cannot withstand the pain of vichora from my preetam Pyara, Jaan Ki Jaan Waheguru!! Each time I see Guru Granth Sahib Ji, I fall to the floor and my spirit cries like a madman, please forgive this kookar as he wants only your Charan toor. Each and every second of the day I feel the pain and cannot concentrate or eat or live even, I yearn for the nectar of naam every second of my worthless life"

And he fell to their feet, crying. They all looked at him and they all started to cry and felt ashamed of themselves. They lifted him up and said go, go Maharaaj ji is waiting for you inside, go quickly we should not disturb you again.

"Antar pyas uthee prabh kayree, sun gur bachan man teer lagaya"

The thirst for God has welled up deep within me; hearing the Word of the Guru's Teachings, my mind is pierced by His arrow.

"Man kee birtha man hee janai, avar kee janai ko peer paraiya"

The pain of my mind is known only to my own mind; who can know the pain of another?

Ram gur mohan mohe man laya.

The Lord, the Guru, the Enticer, has enticed my mind.

How aakal bikal peyee gur dekhe ou *lot pot* how paya

I am stunned and amazed, gazing upon my Guru; I have entered the realm of wonder and bliss.

Firou sabh desh disanatar mai prabh dekhan ko bohut man chaya

I wander around, exploring all lands and foreign countries; within my mind, I have such a great longing to see my God.

Man tan kaat deo gur aagai jin har prabh marag dhikaya

I sacrifice my mind and body to the Guru, who has shown me the Way, the Path to my Lord God. (ANG 838)

Har darshan ko mera man bohu taptai, jou trivhavant bin neer. Marai man prem lago harm teer. Humree bedan har prabh janai mere man antar kee peer.

My mind yearns so deeply for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan, like the thirsty man without water. My mind is pierced through by the arrow of the Lord’s Love. The Lord God knows my anguish, and the pain deep within my mind

Ahiunas jagai need na sovai, So jane jis vedan hovai.

Prem kee khaan lagai tan peetar veg ke janai karee jio!

Day and night, he remains awake and aware; he never sleeps or dreams. He alone knows this, who feels the pain of separation from God. My body is pierced through with the arrow of love. How can any physician know the cure? (ANG 993)

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

this is awesome. i thought it was gonna turn out in a whole different direction there. lol. wow! i wish i could feel so much pain whenever im not reciting and/or listening to Sahbads so that i can recite them and/or listen 24 hrs, 7 days. i wanna be like that 24/7 yo! pray.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...