What Do I Do?

Guest manmukh

Guest manmukh

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa vaheguroo ji ki fateh

saadh sangat jeeo, when I took amrit, I was told to wash my hair daily, atleast with water everyday if not shampoo…I want to know, should one wait for the kes to dry, or just rub them hard enough and tie keski over them even if they are mildly wet?

Also I m not able to keep rehit properly, like amritvela, nitnem, naam simran, bibek, etc. and also I m always under attack by kaam and krodh… I also tie my beard at certain times…I intend to re-take amrit in future and follow it in a much better way when I m financially independent…I know I should be regular and strict in amritvela, and also I am not able to keep proper bibek as of now...by His grace daas wears all the 5 kakaars at all times…its Gurujee immense love and grace that He has kept me away from bajjar kurehits…but I feel very bad that being an amritdhari sikh I was not and am not able to observe all the rules properly...so please advice me what can be done to overcome these weaknesses.

thanks a lot

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa vaheguroo ji ki fateh

1) Sincere ardaas to Guru Sahib...seek forgiveness from Guru Sahib for overlooking certain aspects of the rehat maryaada e.g. missing nitnem etc. Ask Guru Sahib to guide you back to the right path, take a hukamnama after ardaas and THAT will be your answer. Live by the hukum you get from Guru Sahib and all will be good. Trust me on this one.

2) Soul searching...ask yourself why do you keep certain aspects of maryaada and overlook certain aspects? There's only a limited degree to which sangat can help you with these issues because it seems to me, that these issues stem from your self and only you can deal with them in the best way possible with HIS apaar kirpa.

3) You need to have the will and determination to battle the inner demons(e.g. laziness, hunger pangs, desire to eat breakfast & watch tv instead of doing nitnem etc.) which might probably be keeping you away from doing nitnem on time. Where there's a will there's a way. Being a Sikh requires alot of discipline which you need to hone up within yourself. The major problem keeping us away from doing nitnem on time etc. is our lack of discipline. I myself face this problem occasionally too esp. the laziness factor....i presume that's what you're facing too??? Cheer up,you're not alone. Remember this line" Bhullan ander sabh ko, abhull guru kartaar"..we're filled with heaps of mistakes, so you're not the only one battling weaknesses. Many of your fellow brothers,sisters and comrades are with you on the battlefield, fighting the very same demons you're fighting. Daas suggests that discipline, self-discipline and MORE discipline should bring you back to the right track.

4) With regards to kes maintenance, washing kes daily is good and it's best you leave your kes to dry before tying your keski/dastaar. Cuz if you tie it while your kes is still wet, your dastaar can smell and that isn't too good. Furthermore, letting kes dry before tying them up helps keep dandruff and little buggies e.g. lice/nits/what-have-you away because there is no moisture for them to thrive in. :wub: tongue.gif

5) Tying beard at certain times...i guess that's alright esp. if you're in an environment where parkaash daarha is not allowed e.g. certain office policies etc. No worries about that one. It's fine.

6) Krodh attacks...Anger is a natural feeling which , in my opinion, cannot be completely eradicated from a person's being. The most we can do is to control our anger instead of letting it run our lives. Perhaps when you feel angry, try to jupp Vaaheguroo a few times, take a couple of deep breaths, take a step back from the situation which is angering you & try to view it in a different perspective(it can't be all that bad,can it?), talk to somebody you love and trust about the issue which angers you and get it off your chest...reason why most people get and stay angry is because they dont get things off their mind...talk and let it out in a sensible way.

7) Kaam attacks... hmm naam banee and simran is the BEST way for you to deal with this. Stay away from potential stimuli which could induce such thoughts in you...it's all about self-control. Remember tuks from bani about the deviousness and consequences of kaam...that should be a pretty good deterrent. Lastly, if you've read bhai rama singh jee's book, he mentions how those who gave in to kaam and indulged in illegal kaami stuff had their souls thrown into boiling water by jamdoots...think,do you want to subject your beautiful soul to such pain and torture?? To me, its not worth it...I'm sure you feel the same too. Our soul is a beauteous creation by Guru Sahib, don't destroy it for the sake of a moment of succumbing to the pervasive lure of kaam. Refer to this shabd...it answers your question about kaam and krodh straight to the point...what more can you ask for???

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2322

Hope this helps. :wub: :wub:

You should make sure your kes are dry before re-ying your dastaar...

Kes should be given the UTMOST respect and by leaving them wet it is a sign of neglect. It is the same when reading Gurbaanee, you should never have wet hands when using a Gutka Saahib, Pothee or reading from Maahaaraaj themselves.

As for the others....BEG!!! Beg Guroo saahib for the ability, make sure you go to see them AT LEAST once a day, it should be twice but once is a good start. You need them in your life, we all do. Without them we cant even attempt to do ANYTHING!

Maerae Har Jeeo Sabh Ko Taerai Vas...

WJKKWJKP!