Why Do We Cut Our Nail?

dtiwana

wjkk

wjkf

well people i have a friend of mine and he just kinda is ever curious about the religion and is always askin me different questions.

well he recently he asked me that why do we keep our hair, to which i replied that because Guruji wants us to be the way God has sent us and we should not make any changes to ourselves.

to this he again asked me that why do we cut our nails then to which i had no answer.

it will be really great if someone can help me out with this and provide me with some appropriate answer.

i will be waiting for ur replies.

thanx.

wjkk

wjkf

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A response to the previous post, it seems to be locked!

WJKK WJKF

Cleanliness is next to Godliness. If one cuts his/her hair, it’s not because it is dirty, it is simply for fashion. You do not go to the hair saloon or barbers because your hair is filthy; if your hair is filthy, you simple use shampoo, conditioner, etc and have a shower and

wala, your hair fresh and clean again. When anybody cuts their hair it is because of FASHION not hygiene.

On the other hand finger/toe nails cause bacteria and filth to be trapped within them. The ONLY way of cleaning the appropriately is by cutting them so that all the trapped dirt can be removed. If you have long finger nails, when you eat, clean, etc dirt tends to get trapped between the nail and finger. Therefore, Sikhs cut their nails and not hair – because of hygiene and not fashion. Do you not think that the CREATOR has fashioned us enough, rather then us fashion our selves???

WJKK WJKF :e:

actually, its agenst Sikhi to cut,pierce,etc any part of our body, including nails. dont take it that my nails are 15 ft or anything. our nails actualyy dont grow. its the white part we cut, which is build up of dead nail cells. if we actually cut the pink part, as it is not dead,it would be sinful i guess. he do not cut our hair, but i'd say it'd all right screwing around with dead hair, as its dead, not that theres any reason. personally, i burn shedded hair, as it still is our mohr

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

:nihungsmile:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

HELP!

ok...now my friends saying that if she keeps her nails clean, then she can keep them..and i said "well, thats still fasion." and she says "so..when you wear those really nice Dastars, thats also called fasion.". then i got annoyed and said "we dont wear such beautiful Dastars for fashion, we wear these really beautiful Dastars because we have love for our Guru Jis, and cuz they want us to. wouldnt you do something that your parents would want you to do that would make them happy?!" and she said "yeah, but they are the ones who actually made me, biologically, and so therefore i would do the things they wish for me to do. my parents and God are two totally different things." what should i say to this girl?

Guest Sikh_Singh_Khalsa

HELP!

ok...now my friends saying that if she keeps her nails clean, then she can keep them..and i said "well, thats still fasion." and she says "so..when you wear those really nice Dastars, thats also called fasion.". then i got annoyed and said "we dont wear such beautiful Dastars for fashion, we wear these really beautiful Dastars because we have love for our Guru Jis, and cuz they want us to. wouldnt you do something that your parents would want you to do that would make them happy?!" and she said "yeah, but they are the ones who actually made me, biologically, and so therefore i would do the things they wish for me to do. my parents and God are two totally different things."    what should i say to this girl?

116272[/snapback]

just beat up the girl bhanji LOL.gif

cartoon12.jpg

hit.gif use a stick....

just kidding rolleyes.gif .

Dear brother Sikh_Singh_Khalsa,

i would beat her up if i didnt live in Canada or a country like it. but i serously need help though. i wanna teach her a lesson, but not be rude at the same time. Someone PLEASE help!

thanx