Adviceon Beating Kaam:sri Guru Har Gobind Sahib Ji

Guest _Kirtan_

Mehtab Singh,

Guruji's message indeed is cyistal clear for all.

Guru Nanak Ji wrote in the Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Malaar, Pa.1279 thus:

‘BRAHMA, VISHNU, MAHESH [sHIVA] the three demigods were created [by God].

He gave BRAHMA the VEDAS and involved them in it’s worship.

Ten Avatars did king RAMA [VISHNU] take.

He attacked and killed demons but all in accordance with God’s command.

God did SHIVA serve but he too did not find his limits.

Attaining true value he created his [heavenly] throne.

He has set the world to task and concealed himself.

He makes all function this Karma is divinely ordained.’

- -

- -

Raag Basant on Pannaa 1193 Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Bhagat Kabeer Ji

the pandits, the hindu religious scholars, are intoxicated, reading the puraanas.

the yogis are intoxicated in yoga and meditation.

the sannyaasees are intoxicated in egotism.

the penitents are intoxicated with the mystery of penance.

all are intoxicated with the wine of maya; no one is awake and aware.

the thieves are with them, plundering their homes.

sukdayv and akrur are awake and aware.

HANUMAN WITH HIS TAIL IS AWAKE AND AWARE.

SHIVA IS AWAKE, SERVING AT THE LORD'S FEET.

naam dayv and jai dayv are awake in this dark age of kali yuga.

there are many ways of being awake, and sleeping.

to be awake as gurmukh is the most excellent way.

the most sublime of all the actions of this body,

says kabeer, is to meditate and vibrate on the lord's name.

- -

- -

Guru Arjun Dev Ji , who compiled the Guru Granth sahib, writes in the fifth granth :

'O god you are as great as you adopted the form of VAMANA [fifth incarnation of VISHNU], you are also

RAM CHANDRA and KRISHNA [seventh and eighth incarnation of VISHNU] but you have no form or outline'.

- -

- -

Guru Govind Singh states that the Vedas originated from BRAHMA and the path of the VEDAS is the only path for the people to follow:

CHAUPAI 197 : BRAHMA CHAR HE VED BANAIE SARAB LOWG TIH KARAM CHALE

BRAHMA created the VEDAS for all people to follow.

Guru Govind Singh Ji even goes further to state that the Vedas came from the mouth of GOD:

CHAUPAI 24 : DISA VIDI SAYAN JIMI ASMAN CHATUR VED KATHYN KARAN PURANA

All directions (or religions), actions, and the sky, so says the wise one (god) all came from the four VEDAS so says the Puranas

- -

- -

Near the end of Chandi Charitra i, (Dasam Granth, written by Guru Govind Singh Ji), occurs this well known shabad:

O SHIVA (god addressed in the form of Shiva), GRANT ME THIS BOON,

THAT I MAY NEVER AVOID DOING A GOOD DEED,

NEVER FEAR THE ENEMY WHEN I GO INTO BATTLE,

BUT SURELY GO ON TO VICTORY;

THAT I MAY TEACH MYSELF THIS GREED ALONE,

TO SING ONLY OF THY PRAISES.

AND WHEN THE LAST DAYS OF MY LIFE COME,

I MAY DIE IN THE MIGHTY FIELD OF BATTLE.

- -

- -

Ek Om Kar, was already there in the Vedas - Hindu text, it is still there today.

Ek = single OM = supreme being KAR= sound.

Guru Nanak merely emphasised that particular path. Ek Om Kar is originally a Hindu concept. some Sikh like to say EK ‘ON’KAR! what does ‘on’ mean?

Thanks.

“There is no turban for sexual organ, and no turban for woman. The man's beard is spat upon daily. There is no turban for the feet, and no kaccha for the hands; no kripan for the tongue, and no kada for the eyes. The Sikh himself goes to the world hereafter without 5Ks. Twisting the turban, he puts them on others. He takes payment for maintaining a house for the Book, for running funny organizations and for opposing Sanatanis. Hear, and see, O people, this wondrous thing. He is mentally blind and is running after wine, liquor and disco, and yet his name is Sikhi.“

“Make compassion the hair, contentment the turban, modesty the kaccha and truth the kada. These are the 5Ks of the soul; if you have it, then go ahead and put it on me. It does not break, it cannot be soiled by filth, it cannot be burnt, or lost. Blessed are those mortal beings, O Nanak, who wear such a hair, turban, kaccha and kada. You buy the turban for a few shells, and seated in your enclosure, you put it on. Offering amrit to others you declare them khalsa. But he dies, and the 5Ks fall away, and the soul departs without it.“

Thanks.

140444[/snapback]

OH MY MY...... no.gif

Vahegurooooo theraah bhalla karan!!!!

the point is not the point you were trying to make but that you twisted the quotes from our Guru Ji to suit yourself in an attempt to offend.

ok firstly, im the wrong person to discuss anything with as i do not have time to research or reply to ur question in a way that would be satisfactory.

i will say that u have tried to discuss something that u urself have not researched enough.

from what i am aware, and correct me if i am wrong, Guru Ji are not against anything the hindus do as long as it is not a blind ritual.

now the thread, well that may be fine, but what do u gain from wearing it?

a kirpan i assure u is stronger than a thread when one needs to defend the weak, lol was that a trick q u asked me?

how can wearing a kirpan be a foolish act if it can protect u in war, and in a dark alley? i thought that was common sense, unless u intend u defend urself with the thread? how? i do not know.

Guru Ji do not argue that the 5Ks go with the soul at death so whats ur point?

yes the thread will be left behind but i dont know how it can help in either of the two worlds so it is seen as a waste of time. no offence to hinduism, its just a point being made, u can argue it but not by twisting Gurbani to suit urself, u r using our help there lol.

u know what i mean only u dont want to admit it.

ok i wont reply to each quote separately and i didnt read ur sick ideas lol but i will say one thing- u missed the point totally.

read history, the brahmins were just performing rituals blindly, something that TRUE sikhs are not for.

the brahmins at the time were getting money out of innocent hindus for silly things, they themselves were just dressed as religious ppl but did little good.

Hinduuism is not being dissed the way ur getting all upset, yes the gyani would be wrong if he performed blind rituals too.

eg.throwing water to ur ancestors isnt going to reach them is it? blush.gif

but anyways i think there is nothing else to be said other than that you lack the basics and so it would be foolish to discuss anything in depth.

SSM,

The point I am trying to make is this. If wearing a 'janneyu' is a foolish act how come wearing a 'Kirpan' a great idea. What I mean is : If the Guru Granth-Ji says that the janneyu will be left behind so will be the five k's

You know what I mean only you don't want to admit.

Maybe this will work.

"The Brahmins study and argue about the scriptures; they perform ceremonial rituals, and lead others in these rituals. Without true understanding, those self-willed manmukhs understand nothing. Separated from God, they suffer in pain."

“The Sikhs study and argue about the Guru Granth; they perform ceremonial rituals, and lead others in these rituals. Without true understanding, those self-willed manmukhs understand nothing. Separated from God, they suffer in pain.“

"The Pandits, the religious scholars, read and read, and shout out loud, but they are attached to the love of Maya. They do not recognize God within themselves-they are so foolish and ignorant! In the love of duality, they try to teach the world, but they do not understand meditative contemplation. They lose their lives uselessly; they die, only to be re-born, over and over again."

“The Amritdharis, the Khalasas, read and read, and shout out loud, but they are attached to the love of Maya. They do not recognize God within themselves-they are so foolish and ignorant! In the love of duality, they try to teach the world, but they do not understand meditative contemplation. They lose their lives uselessly; they die, only to be re-born, over and over again.“

"Why, O my Brahmin, do you not chant the Lord's Name? If you don't chant the Lord's Name, O Pandit, you will only suffer in hell. You think that you are high, but you take food from the houses of the lowly; you fill up your belly by forcibly practicing your rituals. On the fourteenth day, and the night of the new moon, you go out begging; even though you hold the lamp in your hands, still, you fall into the pit. You are a Brahmin, and I am only a weaver from Benares. How can I compare to you? Chanting the Lord's Name, I have been saved; relying on the Vedas, O Brahmin, you shall drown and die."

“Why, O my Granthi, do you not chant the Lord's Name? If you don't chant the Lord's Name, O Khalasa, you will only suffer in hell. You think that you are high, but you drink alcohol and dance in discos; you fill up your belly by forcibly practicing your rituals. On every night you go out to nightclubs; even though you call yourself a Singh, you get fall into the pit drunk. You are a Sikh, and I am only a weaver from Benares. How can I compare to you? Chanting the Lord's Name, I have been saved; relying on the Guru Granth, O Sikh, you shall drown and die.“

"Read that which is written on your forehead, O Pandit, and do not teach wickedness to others.” 

“Read that which is written on your forehead, O Granthi, and do not teach wickedness to others.“

Thanks.

141050[/snapback]

Guest _Kirtan_

SSM,

The brahmins are even today performing blind rituals and fooling the people to get money out of them. And what are the Granthi's doing.

The reason Nanak mentioned Pandit's and Maulvi's and not granthis because Granthi's didn't exist in his time. My post says : What Nanak would say today. After he meets one of our Granthis.

The Brahmins are fooling the Hindu's , Maulvi's Muslims and the Granthi's the Sikh. It's all about aytonomy. Want power over people ?? Invent a new relion. But was Sikhi really supposed to be a mere religion ??

What would Nanak say of the greatest modern Sikh leaders, Master Tara Singh, who petitioned the GoI to provide special benefits to Harijan Sikhs ??

What would Nanak say of the Sikhs who worship the Granth Sahib and pictures of the Gurus and the million dollar Guru-dwar's ?? Aren't they icons ??

What would nanak sy of Such Sikhs, the progeny of the clergy of the Golden Temple, led by Arur Singh, who had honoured the massacring Gen Dyer by declaring him a Sikh, on condition that he renounce one cigarette a year.......

Sikhs marry with Hindus of the same caste, while they still avoid marriage with Sikhs of different castes. Likewise, Sikh politics is largely divided along caste lines, e.g. the Akali movement is one of Jat Sikhs, shunned by low-caste Sikhs (who are called Mazhabi Sikhs, that is, Sikhs by religion alone, e.g. former Congress minister Buta Singh) and by the higher Khatri and Arora and Bedi castes to which the Gurus belonged. What would nanak say ??

What's a Khatri, Jat, Shimbae, Kumiar...? What's written in scriptures, isn't what Indian society follows -- so cut the crap. Think what would Nanak say ??

The Neo-Sikh-Akali's have been magnifying the Islamic element in Sikhism to claim their separateness from Hindus. Even Khalistan (from Arabic khalis, 'unmixed') is the Sikh separatist equivalent for Pakistan, both meaning "land of the pure". Nanak would be proud. Ditto dasam-Pitah.

- -

- -

The Sikh leaders fell for the British who were disappointed with the conclusions of the first scholar who investigated and translated Sikh Scriptures, the German Indologist and missionary Dr. E. Trumpp, who had found Guru Nanak a 'thorough Hindu' and his religion 'a Pantheism derived directly from Hindu sources'. (This was not long after the 1857 Mutiny, when the Sikhs had fought on the British side, and the British were systematically turning the Sikhs into one of the privileged enclaves in native society with whose help they wanted to make governing India easier for themselves.

Other Sikh community scholars started to rewrite Sikh history in the sense desired by the British. Max Arthur Macauliffe, a highly placed British administrator told the Sikhs that Hinduism was like a ‘boa constrictor of the Indian forest’ which ‘winds its opponent and finally causes it to disappear in its capacious interior’. The Sikhs ‘may go that way’, he warned. He was pained to see that the Sikhs regarded themselves as Hindus which was ‘in direct opposition to the teachings of the Gurus’. The influence of scholarship is silent, subtle and long-range. Macauliffe and others provided categories which became the thought-equipment of subsequent Sikh intellectuals.

Commie-pinkos along with Jinnah advocated the multinational theory. A CPI resolution backed by The Muslim League classified 16 Indian nations (Pathans, Punjabis, Sikhs, Sindhis, Hindustanis, Tamils, Kannadigas, Malayalees etc) and stated that each should be granted the right of secession. Bhindranwale convinced thousands of Sikhs -- one of the most industrious and prosperous groups -- that India made slaves of them, and the commie-Intellectuals stressed that because they had been wronged, they have the right to separate.

They set the stage -- and the Sikhs danced. What a tragedy...

What would nanak say ??

- -

- -

What would nanak say about all the hindu corruptive attributes that the Sikh Gurus and Saints like Namdev long before Nanak denounced have today been adopted en-masse by the Sikh themselves. No body calls a Hindu adharmi if he doesn't wear a janneyu but a sikh is branded as an out-cast by even his own relatives if he trims his hair. I am an atheist and never hide my believes or lack of them. But every Ganesh festival I am there at the fore front to carry the idol on the day of immersion and nobody has ever bothered. They all know I don't actually give a damn about God(though am open to the idea of it's existence if some can convince me). I am free to enter the neighbourhood Shiv Temple and nobody cares that an athiest is distributing prasad. And I am cent-per-cent certain that nobody in the Guru-Dwara is ever going to allow me to distribute prasad.

Whenever I think about all this I am reminded of the story behind Shivratri. The story goes that when during the amrit-manthan along with the amrit of life even vish was produced in an equal measure. Shiva descended from his abode and in order to cleanse the amrit decided to drink away all the vish that could have killed all life as soon as it began. In doing so, though he saved the world, he himself turned blue.

Thanks.

OK I didn't read all your reply and I certainly didn't think the last paragraph had anything useful in it.

Anyways, when referring to Guru Granth Sahib Ji you missed out ''Guru'', put the first word in, research why we show respect to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and then everything will make sense.

I simply skimmed through what you wrote and it seems that you lack basic knowledge about sikhism.

You talk about caste, really you need to do your research, someone who is born into a sikh family yet believes in caste is not a sikh.

gosh, get the basics right.

anyways, I cant be bothered to reply to your posts, maybe someone who has got nothing better to do can bother to reply?!

Really just need to repeat that you have not even got the basics, you're on a sikh forum trying to discuss sikhism, I think you need to continue on this sikh forum but try to learn about sikhism, instead.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Bhairao on Pannaa 1127

rwgu BYrau mhlw 3 caupdy Gru 1

<> siqgur pRswid ]

jwiq kw grbu n krIAhu koeI ]

bRhmu ibMdy so bRwhmxu hoeI ]1]

jwiq kw grbu n kir mUrK gvwrw ]

iesu grb qy clih bhuqu ivkwrw ]1] rhwau ]

cwry vrn AwKY sBu koeI ]

bRhmu ibMd qy sB Epiq hoeI ]2]

mwtI eyk sgl sMswrw ]

bhu ibiD BWfy GVY kum@wrw ]3]

pMc qqu imil dyhI kw Awkwrw ]

Git viD ko krY bIcwrw ]4]

khqu nwnk iehu jIau krm bMDu hoeI ]

ibnu siqgur Byty mukiq n hoeI ]5]1]

raag bhairo mehalaa 3 choupadhae ghar 1

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

jaath kaa garab n kareeahu koee ||

breham bi(n)dhae so braahaman hoee ||1||

jaath kaa garab n kar moorakh gavaaraa ||

eis garab thae chalehi bahuth vikaaraa ||1|| rehaao ||

chaarae varan aakhai sabh koee ||

breham bi(n)dh thae sabh oupath hoee ||2||

maattee eaek sagal sa(n)saaraa ||

bahu bidhh bhaa(n)ddae gharrai kumhaaraa ||3||

pa(n)ch thath mil dhaehee kaa aakaaraa ||

ghatt vadhh ko karai beechaaraa ||4||

kehath naanak eihu jeeo karam ba(n)dhh hoee ||

bin sathigur bhaettae mukath n hoee ||5||1||

Raag Bhairao, Third Mehl, Chaupadas, First House:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

No one should be proud of his social class and status.

He alone is a Brahmin, who knows God. ||1||

Do not be proud of your social class and status, you ignorant fool!

So much sin and corruption comes from this pride. ||1||Pause||

Everyone says that there are four castes, four social classes.

They all emanate from the drop of God's Seed. ||2||

The entire universe is made of the same clay.

The Potter has shaped it into all sorts of vessels. ||3||

The five elements join together, to make up the form of the human body.

Who can say which is less, and which is more? ||4||

Says Nanak, this soul is bound by its actions.

Without meeting the True Guru, it is not liberated. ||5||1||

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

That guest is the person who's writing lies about sikhi on msn.

To Guest, before making lies up i will like to say one thing if you want to make up lies about Sikhi, and waste your life making stuff up, do so, no one is gonna stop u.

The truth was, is and is forever gonna be the same, wether u accept it not that Sikhi is a seprate religion.

However im only going to explain to u once about how Sikhi is a sepearte religion and answer to your replies tomorow (hopefully, God willing) coz im going off the net now.

If you still dont understand then brother, its your loss.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Admin Ji, can you set the sikh sakhian thread so that only members can post here please?

Im sick of reading the garbage _kirtan_ aka santa singh, keeps coming out with, could you also delete the non sakhi threads in this subforum please. :@ Thanks alot.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest? are u even a Sikh to begin with? You distort Gurbani, use "nanak" instead of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and use lower case n in His name, and then u try to justify that Gurujee claimed other scriptures as God's word. Who u think ur fooling? Yeah we get ur point that there are thekkedaars who think they own the religion and fool people, but thats no different to what ur doing. The use of words like Brahmin, Pandit, Maulvi by Gurujee is probably offensive to u? Is that why u substituted it with words which used in a similar context would offend Sikhs? Nice try!

And I agree with APDF. Only members should be allowed to post in ANY thread. Plus lets follow the rule of posts being moderated before they make it to ANY thread.