Adviceon Beating Kaam:sri Guru Har Gobind Sahib Ji

SSM,

If you read my views carefully, there is no incitement; there is no glorification or support of violence or hatred of any kind (unlike several Akli Neo-Sikh preachers that glorify Khalistani terrorists who used to gun down dozens of civilians on a daily basis).

I have considered that much of modern Neo-Sikhism is driven by not not 'discrimination' 'genocide' or other nonsense but by the notion of the SUPREMACY of the sikhs - and that supremacy being over the Hindus including the mazabi, Noormehlia, Nirankari, Sanatani, Nihang who consider themselves Hindus and therefore it is the Hindus who must be continoulsy put down.

This is primarily driven by racism, a plague which aflicts all us Punjabis but in particular the NRI Sikhs who often beleive the most appalling prejudices about Hindus and beleive themselves to be a genetically, racially, historically and dharmically superior to the Hindus and had once even going so far as to compare DNA strands but later retracted.

These same people then smugly criticise us for inequality whilst preaching to us about the egalitarian and freedom loving basis of Sikhism. If the myths about history, racism etc are shed and the truth be told - how many Sikhs will remain Sikhs as we know them today ?

If we have to go by the definition of A sikh by western Akali Neo-Sikh, shaven Sikhs (or even those who use ‘fixo’ or other similar cosmetic products, to smarten-up their facial hair) are not true Sikhs; the Amli Sikhs and Ram-garhiya Sikhs are not a part of ‘true Sikhdom’; then those who eat meat, [close down all eateries in Southall of London and Soho Road of Birmingham] and those who consume alcohol [shoot that Sikh gentleman who was seen all across the world on television, swigging Whiskey from a bottle in the middle of a public part in Ealing, in mid-eighties,and shouting "Raaj kare gaa, Khaalsaa!" in his fulsome voice) or other intoxicants defile Sikh faith; and those who do not subscribe to the demand for a separate Sikh state don’t even belong to human race. Therefore, if the demand for an independent Sikh homeland in Punjab were to be considered on the basis of a ‘Sikh majority’, there are hardly any Sikhs left in Punjab or anywhere else.

- -

- -

1984 is a national shame but don't be fast to blame Hindus. Screw the Congress... The Sikhs have some greviances, but for every greviance against the Indian state that the Sikhs have, I guarantee you Hindus have 10.

For Islamic influence being vended, I just know that the great Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that smear your whole arm with oil and dip it in a sack ful of tils. As many tils get stuck to your arms, even if those many times a muslim swears, don't believe him.." Unfortunaltely he did not follow his advice and was killed by the pathan he sheltered...

And to say that after all those f&%*#rs did to the great Guru's, Banda Bahadur...

Thanks.

PS : The Sikh Gurus themselves were an example of this tradition of critique. Is scepticism not an integral part of an Idea. Is not the ability to stand criticism the greatness of a religion ??

Guest _Kirtan_

'Akal-Purakh-Ki-Fauj' and 'Mehtab Singh',

I can’t say that I’m altogether surprised at this psycho response of yours. It demonstrates the lack of maturity and erratic nature that I wish to help expose. I am not claiming that all Sikhs have this immature and erratic nature, but those who do need to be exposed for what they are: bigots who try to censor views and opinions that are different to their own.

The reason why you are getting so annoyed at what I have to say is simply because I am talking about historical facts that the Neo-Sikh want to cover up. You are just getting uptight at an alternative way of looking at historical events, and trying to suppress views that don’t agree with your own.

What you say arise from the same sort of mentality that led to the recent bomb blasts outside theatres in Delhi. The blasts ended up claiming three innocent lives, just because the theatres were showing something that certain Sikhs wanted banned. The largest Sikh organisation in the world, the SGPC, even supported the attempt to have the film banned! It also reminds one of the destructive scenes in the British city of Birmingham where a group of Sikhs vandalised a theatre in order to try to stop it from showing a play which they felt was anti-Sikh (the play’s name was 'Bezthi', and was written by Gurpreet Kaur Bhatti who is herself a Sikh).

Such behaviour has no place in a civilised society. Whether it be a small example like your response to my views, or a large incident like the bomb blasts in Delhi - attempts at censorship are always wrong. My views just goes on to show that being a Sikh by name, or a Brahmin, or any other group doesn't render one holier or better than another.

Thanks.

I havent had time to read and reply in detail but i agree with everyone that apart from the sakhis all other replies should be deleted.

we have silly people making comments to suit their intelligence or lack of it.

well about Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj it is clear that they knew exactly what was to happen and who would try to kill their earthly body because if the great Guru Ji can predict that their sons would be martyred in this way they can see a lot into the future.

Some of us dont even pray much but no one can equal the amount Guru Ji prayed yet we can see into the future so are we going to claim that Guru Ji did not know what was to happen? er then we must be the silly fools of the universe.

God bless all.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

To the guest who made stuff up,

all im gonna say is your acting very immature, and i hope God shows you the way.

Im not gonna argue on baseless issues coz i want to make use of my life, which means learning about Sikhi which is why i have came on the discussion forum in the first place.

All im gonna say is:

Sikhs are not hindus:

Guru Nanak when asked what was he, he said:

'im neither muslim nor hindu'

Guru Nanak isnt a hindu therefore neither am i.

Hindus worship idols which is forbidded in Sikhi, and yet you still think were hindus?

I hope God shows you the way brother, it is clear by your statements that you are a hindu.

You said:

'My views just goes on to show that being a Sikh by name, or a Brahmin, or any other group doesn't render one holier or better than another.'

Which is what Guru Nanak also said when a muslim asked who's better the muslims or hindus

He replied without good deeds both shall regret.

Meaning everyone shall regret no matter what creed they belong to if they dont have good deeds etc.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

• 3 weeks later...
The point I am trying to make is this. If wearing a 'janneyu' is a foolish act how come wearing a 'Kirpan' a great idea. What I mean is : If the Guru Granth-Ji says that the janneyu will be left behind so will be the five k's

Sat Shri Akal! Brother.

Let me clarify for you with my limited knowledge.

Hindu sacred thread or like you've written 'Janneyu' was worn in order to show the caste identity. If you know as per Hindu Dharma, Kashtriya & Brahmins had different types of Janneyus to show their caste identity, whereas Kirpan (sacred knife) is worn to protect weaker from cruel and represents the power of protection. Kirpan (sacred knife) is worn to protect weaker not to show caste or racial differences. I do not see any comparison?

I would like to add description, so Sikhs and others can learn about the ceremony and know the difference between two articles of two Dharma ( e.g. Kirpan ( sacred knife) & Sacred thread).

http://www.kamat.com/indica/culture/sub-cu...cred-thread.htm

Also, brother Hindu Sanyasi & Shankaracharya (Shankaracharya was himself Brahmin) have taken off sacred thread years before Guru Nanak Dev Ji' birth in ancient history. So, Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji had the same enlightenment as those saints who were following the true path of God and he preached the path of truth. Nobody can blame Guru Nanak Dev sahib as anti of anyone. He was clearly following the true path of Gurmukh which Bhai Gurdas Ji mentions at http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=5979&Format=2

"The Brahmins study and argue about the scriptures; they perform ceremonial rituals, and lead others in these rituals. Without true understanding, those self-willed manmukhs understand nothing. Separated from God, they suffer in pain."

Some people take it as a negative comments but in reality these gurbani saloks are showing the social situation of that time. This was not an attack on Brahmin community but to preach the right path of God and stop others, not to get into the same rituals. Gurbani has universal approach and it is not restricted to Sikhs only. Please find me any saloks where Sri Guru Granth Sahib specifically mentions that Gurbani is restricted to Sikhs only?

Haven't been following this thread for a while, which is why the delayed response.

I can’t say that I’m altogether surprised at this psycho response of yours.
It would take a psycho to say that.
It demonstrates the lack of maturity and erratic nature that I wish to help expose.
Yup. We can see that you are immature and erratic.
I am not claiming that all Sikhs have this immature and erratic nature, but those who do need to be exposed for what they are: bigots who try to censor views and opinions that are different to their own.
Which is exactly what you are doing. Labelling those who differ from you.
The reason why you are getting so annoyed at what I have to say is simply because I am talking about historical facts that the Neo-Sikh want to cover up. You are just getting uptight at an alternative way of looking at historical events, and trying to suppress views that don’t agree with your own.
Right! You distort Gurbani and expect us to stay mute! Wonderful!
What you say arise from the same sort of mentality that led to the recent bomb blasts outside theatres in Delhi. The blasts ended up claiming three innocent lives, just because the theatres were showing something that certain Sikhs wanted banned.
First of all, you don't know me personally (and I am sure you wouldn't want to :@ ), so there is no point throwing baseless allegations at any one of us. Just reading our opinions is no way to draw a picture about someone's entire mentality.
Such behaviour has no place in a civilised society.
So now you are going to teach us what it means to be civilized? To listen to blasphemous comments silently is civilized? Good deal people like you are not in power.
Whether it be a small example like your response to my views, or a large incident like the bomb blasts in Delhi - attempts at censorship are always wrong.
You are saying that either because your set of ideals and beliefs (whatever you call them) are not worth being proud of, or you don't have any. We Sikhs are proud of Sikhi and won't tolerate any insult at any cost, is that clear?

And about the blasts, no Sikh group claimed responsibility, rather the general Sikh masses all over condemned/condemns killings of innocents, so stop pointing fingers at all Sikhs as extremists.

You can go on and on about how rational, civilized, sane and objective you are, and how fanatical, immature and hardcore we are, but at the end of the day YOU are the one insulting Gurbani, and thats enough for us to turn deaf towards ANYTHING you have to say. Why? Because as I said earlier : We can't, don't and won't tolerate any disrespect towards our Guru Sahib. You can weep and wail all the sense in the world you possibly can, understood? :@

unregistered alias 'mr singh from india'

email address manjitsinghindia@hotmail.com

this guys a real joke. he makes out like he's some sort of 'scholar'. he goes on sikh forums and posts his twisted lies which are usually templated. tries to make out that Sikhs are Hindus. guess is he's probably works for rss or an inspired organisation

just another copy and paster LOL.gif

his own blog

http://mrsingh.blogspot.com/

http://groups.msn.com/SikhsInUk/general.ms...552403132082210

http://o3.indiatimes.com/mrsingh/archive/2005/09/03.aspx

http://groups.msn.com/sikhmyths/general.ms...542563759900798

we gotta be aware of ppl like him who try and misinterpret sikhi, especially to the youth

The point I am trying to make is this. If wearing a 'janneyu' is a foolish act how come wearing a 'Kirpan' a great idea. What I mean is : If the Guru Granth-Ji says that the janneyu will be left behind so will be the five k's

Having a caste title is nowhere shown as a stigma but emphasize is on caste based EGO and it has been condemned. Sikhs are also into caste based EGO these days, which is quiet visible as there are caste based Sikh Temples and organizations running solely based on the caste monopoly. Now as per Sikhism principles, caste based EGO has been condemned.

Bhai Gurdas ji clearly mentions about Gurmukh life style that can be from any Dharma http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=5979&Format=2

So, if someone wears Kirpan( Sacred Knife) as per Sikh Dharma and by wearing he considered himself superior than others, in that situation it has no meaning and it becomes simply a ritual without any good outcome.

Yes, five K's will not go with us either but results of our Karmas will go with us. If someone wears 5 K's and acts as a true Gursikh, he will go with great karmas and may get entry to Sachkhand whereas merely wearing sacred thread will not give that opportunity hence Guru Nanak dev Sahib Ji giving true description of sacred thread which will help those who wear it as per their Dharma to achieve the same stage of enlightenment. As per my understanding main emphasize is on spirituality.

Remember although Guru Ji refused to forcibly wear a janeyoo which has ONLY given to the higher castes, unlike a kirpan which all amritdharis can wear regardless of caste, Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji also gave up his life for Kashmiri Pandits to have their right to wear a janeyoo.

You mention tons of things about how "Sikhs" follow all kinds of rituals, and how "Sikhs" believe in the caste system, but are they really Sikhs if they don't follow the fundamentals of Sikhism? yes there are ppl who go to the Gurdwaraa out of ritual, and who are still obsessed with the caste system, but why are you using them to label the ENTIRE religion? Every religion has its "followers" who don't uphold all the ideals, but that doesn't change the ideals of the religion.