Amritdhari's Going Out

Guest Guest

Actually I don’t see anything funny or sad about anything being asked.  If people with questions cant ask their peers then whom exactly do you expect them to go to?  If in response to their queries you don’t have anything productive to say or don’t have the answer to the question then don’t say anything at all.  Negativity and laughing at what are genuine queries will only result in people with questions not bothering to ask them in the future and that’s not going to help anyone.  No one here was born with knowledge of everything; we all picked it up somewhere when someone answered our questions.  Just because the topic now seems silly to you, why go on about it, try thinking back to when you had question and how it would have felt if people went on about how silly the question is etc.

We talk about parchar, well giving an answer to a question, no matter how silly or trivial it may be in your opinion is a form of parchar and if that’s done without undermining the question or making a joke out of it, people might actually find out more about their religion.

116135[/snapback]

well said i totally agree :TH:

back to the Q.................they've kissed, they prob no what Guru Jee says on the matter being amritdhari......their issue let them deal with it! Concentrate on ur own path i say

bhull chukk muaff

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..waheguruu..i totally agree with tarunjit singh!! well put bro!!..our generation is gettin messed up. we need to do summit about it. everyone talkin about how.. people do this and that.. makes u feel scared.. makes u feel like thers no sikhi left...bt of course.. the true gursikhs are disguised...we need to get stronger in our sikhi..

as to this topic.. i would say.. try tellin them by pyaar.. like..explaining to them.. with gurbani quotes how wrong it is.. to do what ever they ware doing. i dont think they will stop.. if u just tell them.. its like ur parents stop tellin u to do summit.. that u really wanna do! They will just ignore u. You have to make an affect on them.. somehow. i think gurbani is the answer to that question. inspire them.

bhull chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf

i have two amritdhari friends who have got into a relationship and within a matter of days have kissed. they believe they are going to get married and feel this is ok, they said it just happened.  sangat ji how do i tell them that this is wrong. fine if they believe they may get married but they should not have kissed. How do i tell them that this wrong? or is it to late to tell them. i have tryed to tell them that this is wrong but they believe its ok as they think they will marry.

116063[/snapback]

Hey brother, dont listen to anyone here. Heres my advice, first of all how old are they? You should sit down and talk with them, asking them why did they take amrit and make such a commitment if they knew they couldnt have pre maritial affairs. They knowingly got into it, and now they want to go around it (which is why I personally feel there should be a age limit on taking amrit, or at least some type of evalutaion.) Second if they have only been together for a couple of days, where did they jump to the conclusion that they will be getting married, sounds to me like theyre either in love with the idea of love, or have puppy love crush which will soon dissapear. All you can do is let them know they made a commitment and should stick to it, and if they are so serious about getting married talk to their parenst get engaged and carry on. As for the person who suggested that you tell their parents dont listen to them. Everyone hates a SNITCH, lol I mean I HATE Snitches. Anyway best of luck with them, and I hope they get married!

wow never knew kissing was form of kaam. what's next? holding hands, hugs form of kaaam as well?

Go ahead kiss, kiss is a expression of love.

135422[/snapback]

And what about making "love" ithats and expression of love ??? you samosa, dating is sooo soooo wrong don't even thinkabout it it will wreck your jeevan and you will not progress in your sikhi , who do you love more your Guru or some stupid teenage crush ?????????

135457[/snapback]

I find nothing wrong with kissing after engagement... for you kissing must be disguisting, anti panthic, manmat because after kissing you probably cannot control your own sexual repression and strive to do more out of lust. But for me kissing is expression of love where there is no element of lust.

there is always two side of an coin.

wow never knew kissing was form of kaam. what's next? holding hands, hugs form of kaaam as well?

135422[/snapback]

And what about making "love" ithats and expression of love ??? you samosa, dating is sooo soooo wrong don't even thinkabout it it will wreck your jeevan and you will not progress in your sikhi , who do you love more your Guru or some stupid teenage crush ?????????

135457[/snapback]

I find nothing wrong with kissing after engagement... for you kissing must be disguisting, anti panthic, manmat because after kissing you probably cannot control your own sexual repression and strive to do more out of lust. But for me kissing is expression of love where there is no element of lust.

135721[/snapback]

Is kissing acceptable before engagement?

On what basis does it become ok after engagement?

What happens if the engagement breaks off, is it ok for a Singh/Singhni to kiss multiple partners if his engagements break off?

Which Sant or Mahapurakh has condoned this kissing?

Which Gurbani Tukh tells us that kissing is bad before engagement but acceptable after engagement? Which Gurbani Tukh tells us there is no lust in kissing?

135422[/snapback]

135457[/snapback]

135721[/snapback]

how does puting ur lips on someone else express love???

the best way to express love is through naam and gurbani

veerji, once ur engaged ur still not 100% sure ur gonna get married.. i've seen situations where amritdhari's that have been engaged, didn't end up getting married (the engagement was called off) ... why not wait the extra time before u do anything physical.. because ur still not MARRIED even if ur engaged... if one is amritdhari.. there isn't to be any physical contact before marriage... i mean this is the way i see it... why would u risk being wrong?... why would risk breaking/disrespecting ur amrit and hers... wait the extra time... get married.. then do whatever...