Sikh Student Camp Was Brilliant

fittestjatti

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are discussing what happened at Sikh Student Camp and not trying to justify the behaviour of some people in Nihang bana cutting themselves by saying unsavoury things happened at other camps. If the things you stated happened at these camps then perhaps some of the members who went to these camps could enlighten us about these incidents and then we can discuss that further.

The point at hand is the self harm that some people did at the Sikh Student Camp. From you post it appears that these things did happen and you seem to imply that there is justification for it according to Nihang maryada. So enlighten us, which Nihang maryada, the Buddha Dal or the UK Nihangs?

Another important issue here is whether this incident had the support of the organisers and if it did not then what actions did they take against these people and what actions will they take to ensure these incidents do not re-occur next year. I am sure that the parents of the campers would be concerned about such incidents.

I agree with Bikramjit Singh.

This is not an attack on the camp or the organisers or the campers not at all. When speaking for myself i hope that evry camper came away with something positive that they had learnt from the camp, and im sure they did!!

However the issue at hands is this apparant 'blood sacrifice'.

The issues you have mentioned have been around for many years and people are well aware of the debates and the different schools of thought on each of them. Hence debating them would bring little new light on the subjetcs.

The issue of self harming yourself is a new discussion as far as i am aware. if this has been debated before or else where please state.

Having attended the sikhi camp i was not aware of any pushing that sant ji was alive. When your doing parchar there are certain things you keep away from due to the controversy, it is pointless debating such things when many of the campers will not even know who sant ji is! so despite the views of some people in my view from what i saw there was no pushing of sant ji's being chardikala or otherwise!

khalsa camp whilst i didnt attend, im pretty sure that in order for everyone to benefit from the camp and to learn, certain things will not have been discussed.

Anyhow as i said these things are out in the open and everyone has their opinion which is fine. Now it is time to bring self harm out into the open.

I am perfecty aware that certain 'nihnags' in the uk do this, cannot say the same for punjab as i have never seen them cut themselves there. I have heard their reasons which i expressed in my posts. i have also given my objections to their reasoning and would like you to reply in similar fashion explaining why it is neccesary to slice your own arm ad smear your blood on the nishaan sahib?

Look forward to your reply.

By the way, we have plenty of love, but we also know where to draw the line. It is not about hate youngster, it is simply common sense and pakhand!

first of all AK47 read my post i dnt claim that these things happend at th camp,

i recieved the PM, just at work at the mo, bair with me i'l type imy reply in my break so jus chill,

i will put this most simply, dnt take this as my answer, jus tink bout it.

the Japanese samuria is a great swordsman(some times classed the best in the world) they are also men of great honour, die by the sword and so forth, they fight for their king, and no one else, they keep the piece but fight with honour keeping their dharam.

now that said these great warriors oniont their weapons with the blood.

Can someone who has been to the camp confirm whether this happened or not. Otherwise we are just discussing a rumour.

Not really relevant to this discussion but since you brought up the Samurai, don't they also commit suicide rather than take dishonour? Does that mean that Nihangs should also start committing suicide as well. Each warrior group/nation has it's own maryada. Just because you say the Samurai annoint their swords with blood it does not folow that it is ok for Nihangs to also do this. Under what maryada have the Nihangs started to cut themselves and what is most dispicable of all it seems smear their blood onto the Nishan Sahib?

>Bikramjit Singh<,

Yes Nihang do give blood to they shasters and we also give Blood to the nishaan sahib, this is what all dals do. I hope you belive me as you know me.

To everyone please stop disrespecting Nihang Singhs as you may hurt some one feeling, just because of the UK nangs, there are some real Nihang in the UK.

>Bikramjit Singh<,

Yes Nihang do give blood to they shasters and we also give Blood to the nishaan sahib, this is what all dals do. I hope you belive me as you know me.

To everyone please stop disrespecting Nihang Singhs as you may hurt some one feeling, just because of the UK nangs, there are some real Nihang in the UK.

118426[/snapback]

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to make this clear. Do the Nihang Dals in India also CUT THEMSELVES to get the blood or is the blood from an animal that has been slaughtered using Jhatka blow?

Was just about the ask the same thing myself.

This isnt an attack on anybody its questioning a dubious 'so called' maryada!

Another things samurais encouraged/allowed was homosexuality, now i would never suggest that as they did that, we should also adopt it! Ridiculous!

Please somebody explain the way they do it in punjab, and why? And then why these boys are confused as to whether they want to be singhs or samurais?

Again blood of innocent goats and animals Vs the blood or dushts...

I've just been on the 'phone with a Nihang of the Budha Dal and this is what he told me.

1. Nihangs offer the blood of a goat to their Shastars and a small tilak of blood is also placed on the Nishan Sahib.

On very rare occasions

2. A Nihang can cut himself, he stated only to draw a few drops of blood which is then put on his Shastars in a tilak.

A Nihang would never CUT HIMSELF and place his blood on the Nishan Sahib.

From what some members who PM'd me say that these cuts were not small cuts and one of the Nihang had cuts all over his arms.

What those UK Nihangs did was NOT Budha Dal maryada.

>Bikramjit Singh<,

118426[/snapback]

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to make this clear. Do the Nihang Dals in India also CUT THEMSELVES to get the blood or is the blood from an animal that has been slaughtered using Jhatka blow?

118429[/snapback]

What I have learn by spending time with Nihang Singhs in Punjab is that the blood that goes on the Nishan Sahib is from the Jhatka blow, and not from cutting each other.

Nihangs may give a drop of they own blood to they shasters if they want.

Alot of the youth in UK are getting brainwasted by the Fake Nihangs in the UK, my advice is to spend time with real Nihangs they are some in the UK if you cant find them then go punjab and keep sangat of some real Nihang. I did and you learn how great the Nihangs are.