Choupai Sahib

Jkaur

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fatah

Sadhsangat,

We all do rehraas sahib daily. After asa mahalla 5 bhai praapat manukh duhereea: where do you start the dasam bani of the rehraas from. What is the first line? Id like to know how many different variations there are of this.

To the moderaters i am not questioning or trying to bring up any controvosy over the legitamacy of the daasam guru darbar so please dont delete this.

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

plz note : i m murakh # 1 and no authority...what i m gonna say is what i have been told myself

i think u are talking bout benti choupai...i believe it starts from HUMRI KARO HAATH DE RAKHSHA and ends with the Dohra SAGAL DWAAR KO CHHAAD KE GAHEYO TUHAARO DWAAR, BAAHI PAHE KI LAAJ AS GOBIND DAAS TOHAAR.

plzz plzz correct me if i m wrong

bhul chuk maaf

When i was a kid i started at Hamree karo hath dea racha, then later i found a gutka and changed to Punn rachas ka kata sisa.

I now have a gutka from the nihangs where the choupai starts as such;

Dohraa

Mahaa Kaal Kee Saran Jae Paray su lae bachae.

Uor Na upjae doosar jag pachiyo sabhai banai.366

The choupai sahib starts from pauree 366 of the Charritarpakhyan to pauree 404. Check the last part of the charitropakhyan on dasamgranth.org and you can read the cahupai sahib there. i am not suggesting reading the translations.

I am just wondering why there are so many different variations of this Bani in Rehraas.

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

... i had this question in my head too... :umm:

i myself start form "punrachas ka katta sisa" and then continue with "hamri karo hath dea racha"... then end with "savaya" ..

i might be wrong tho.... btu all we're doing is extending bani and i c no harm in that... it's written bani by guru ji's so i'm assuming it's okay.. ^_^

Sat Sri Akal:

Rehat Maryada:

Chapter III , Aritcle IV-Meditation on Nam (Divine Substance) and Scriptures

(B) Sodar Rehras compromising the following compositions:

(i) nine hymns of the Guru Granth Sahib, occurring in the holy book after the Japuji Sahib, the first of which begins with “Sodar” and the last of which ends with “saran pare ki rakh sarma”.

(ii) The Benti Chaupai of the tenth Guru (beginning “hamri karo hath dai rachha” and ending with “dusht dokh te leho bachai”

(iii) the Sawayya beginning with the words “pae geho jab te tumre”

(iv) the Dohira beginning with the words “sagal duar kau chhad kai”

(v) the first five and the last pauris (stanzas) of Anand Sahib

(vi) and Mundawani and the Slok Mahla 5 beginning “tere kita jato nahi” in the evening after sunset.

(ii) The Benti Chaupai of the tenth Guru (beginning “hamri karo hath dai rachha” and ending with “dusht dokh te leho bachai”

^_^ agreed ^_^

thats the baani i read in the rehras sahib ji, but then agen there is nuttin rong with readin extra baani, bcos at the end of the day, baani gives u peace of mind and relaxes you. i myself sumtimes read more baani than the rehat maryada says u hav to read evry day, juss bcos it is so wonderful. it is bcos of guru ji we are who we are 2day.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

plz note : i m murakh # 1 and no authority...what i m gonna say is what i have been told myself

i think u are talking bout benti choupai...i believe it starts from HUMRI KARO HAATH DE RAKHSHA and ends with the Dohra SAGAL DWAAR KO CHHAAD KE GAHEYO TUHAARO DWAAR, BAAHI PAHE KI LAAJ AS GOBIND DAAS TOHAAR.

plzz plzz correct me if i m wrong

bhul chuk maaf

agree

waheguru

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

pyare jio, the rehras sahib is what is in the Panthic maryada as described above. It was originally only the baani is Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji, then Gursikhi practice added what they read. Gursikhs read alot of baani, and the more the better, but we should not let our egos create disharmony in the Panth.

The Panthic rehras is correct. If people wish to read more than fine. But it is wrong to say mine has all this paat, and mine is the Asli rehras. This is completely wrong, because there is no Nakli rehras. Baani is baani.

Taksal, nanaksar, nihangs all have added baanian into rehras. This is fine for there own abyass, but to say they are right and others are wrong is incorrect. Baanis have been added over time. For example, I read, "har jug jug bhagat apaaya" before rehras. Possibly in 50 years people will say that is an essential part of rehras. This is how it happens.

Baani should bring people together not push them apart. So stick to Panthic rehras. If you want to read more baani, then that is great, but realise it is extra baani. many Gursikhs I know read asa di // in morning nitnem, sukhmani sahib, with rehras. This is abyass of extra baani. For anyone saying we read less bani, then read the prataan singhs daily baani, Panj granthi.

Also the extra shabads should make sense. For example, people who read long chopai, does that extra in dasam Granth not come before Benti chapee, so why read it after.

Then we say in one shabad you praise kishen, then in next you say, "kishen bishen kaboo na dhavoo". Hence one side praise him, then say do not pra

ise him, then finish with "raam raheem Puran Kuran, anekh kahe Mat ik Na manuu". There are many scriptures, etc, do not accept any.

So we should also look at what we are saying. A benti lets have one less contrversial issue, let stick to Panthic rehras, then read as much baani as you want on top of that.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru jike fateh