Baba Vadhbagh Singh

Guest confused

Khalsa Fauj,

Singhs are always great, they are today as well - except we like to moan and groan about why NOT this and why NOT that (rather like poker players moaning about the cards dealt to them, rather than making the most with what they have).

There are many great Sikhs today as there were in yesteryears, maybe when they die and a century or so later, we'll hear about their greatness with equal zeal, BUT just like today in a world full of Badals and late Mr Torah, we have had bad apples and Baba Vadhbhag Singh is one of them.

Deal with it - it's fact. Just because the texts contain items in them, which we find hard to digest today doesn't mean we should disown them - they are OUR legacy!!! People with your mindset are the reason why the RSS agents that you fear so much have an easy ride abusing our history.

Its a fact that the 18th century Khalsa believed in the Devi and her role in the Khalsa - simple. It DOESN'T mean however that they were right - this is the problem with some who believe all that they read and some, like you who can't handle what you read.

The events surrounding Vadhbhag Singh cannot be ignored simply because they leave a blot on the otherwise pristine example set by Singhs like Baba Deep Singh, Bhai Sukha Singh, Jassa Singh, Bhai Sangtia, Bhai Lalo and Bibi Samsher Kaur, Mai Bhago, Baba Banda SINGH Bahadur etc.

Gur Fateh!

Niranjana.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Dera Baba Vadhbhag Singh; there is a waterfall called Dhaulee Dhaar. Devotees believe that the holy water of Dhaulee Dhaar should fall directly into their hair if ghosts possessing them are to be exorcised. People go under the waterfall one by one with uncovered heads. Discipline is good. There is very very long queue for this purpose. Sometimes the length of the queue is 4-6 kilometers. People start queuing up before amritvela; like around midnight. People have to wait for their turn for a long time. Many hours are spent waiting. People bring their own containers to take the holy water home so that they can immunize whatever they want to( houses , cars ........); against ghosts. I feel if all these people are waiting for becoming amritdhari in front of Panj Piyaare and Guru jee; how lucky they would be. But that is not so.

The Special Place of Nahar Bir is also for exorcism. People do mattha tek and they are lightly struck with an iron chain on their back. Small pinchful of Ash is given as parsad which is again believed to be anti-ghost. Even healthy normal people go there so as to immunize themselvs against any possiblilty of any ghost possessingh them later in their lives. The air within this place reeks with burining havan samagree (which is again believed to be anti-ghost).

People come all over from Panjab. Special buses by Panjab Roadways are sanctioned for this purpose and the word "Mela" in panjabi is written in front of these special buses. The place is "Naihariaan" in Himachal Pradesh in the district "Amb"(mango). From this place; trekking by foot starts within the hills. In earlier times the place was chosen carefully so that enemy could not reach easily. People continue the journey on foot chanting "Jai Babey dee" enthusiastically. Most of the young panjabees go there just for fun i guess.

When they are fully satisfied with all the mandatory rituals; 90% of all the pilgrims then head towards Sri Anandpur Sahib and from there; they head back towards their homes. It is like their vacation.

The situation within the local camps is more serious. Serious exorcism takes place within the camps of Babas. Within each camp; Prakash is Guru Granth Sahib jee is there. But no keertan or path or katha. Just some people which i cannot classify as sangat because they are not interested in sikhism. Baba asks the ghost to leave the body while holding the hair of the suffering person in one hand. With other hand; Baba sprinkles some anti-ghost water on the person. Repeatedly he asks the person to say waheguru aloud. While this all goes on; there is a group of ladies who are bare headed and hair disordered and they are in a state of frenzy; they move their heads in a circular fashion. They stop only to take a sip of water or to catch their breath and then they continue their activity. This is also believed to be exorcism.

The pictures that are offerd for sale at several flee markets depict Baba Vadhbhag Singh as Guru Vadhbhag Singh. Nahar Bir the ghost is depicted as a small child in a cage near him.

The devotees of Baba Vadhbhag Singh are very very devoted and they never tolerate any insult against Baba jee.

At Dera Baba Vadhbhag Singh; there is a waterfall called Dhaulee Dhaar. Devotees believe that the holy water of Dhaulee Dhaar should fall directly into their hair if ghosts possessing them are to be exorcised. People go under the waterfall one by one with uncovered heads. Discipline is good. There is very very long queue for this purpose. Sometimes the length of the queue is 4-6 kilometers. People start queuing up before amritvela; like around midnight. People have to wait for their turn for a long time. Many hours are spent waiting. People bring their own containers to take the holy water home so that they can immunize whatever they want to( houses , cars ........); against ghosts. I feel if all these people are waiting for becoming amritdhari in front of Panj Piyaare and Guru jee; how lucky they would be. But that is not so.

The Special Place of Nahar Bir is also for exorcism. People do mattha tek and they are lightly struck with an iron chain on their back. Small pinchful of Ash is given as parsad which is again believed to be anti-ghost. Even healthy normal people go there so as to immunize themselvs against any possiblilty of any ghost possessingh them later in their lives. The air within this place reeks with burining havan samagree (which is again believed to be anti-ghost).

People come all over from Panjab. Special buses by Panjab Roadways are sanctioned for this purpose and the word "Mela" in panjabi is written in front of these special buses. The place is "Naihariaan" in Himachal Pradesh in the district "Amb"(mango). From this place; trekking by foot starts within the hills. In earlier times the place was chosen carefully so that enemy could not reach easily. People continue the journey on foot chanting "Jai Babey dee" enthusiastically. Most of the young panjabees go there just for fun i guess.

When they are fully satisfied with all the mandatory rituals; 90% of all the pilgrims then head towards Sri Anandpur Sahib and from there; they head back towards their homes. It is like their vacation.

The situation within the local camps is more serious. Serious exorcism takes place within the camps of Babas. Within each camp; Prakash is Guru Granth Sahib jee is there. But no keertan or path or katha. Just some people which i cannot classify as sangat because they are not interested in sikhism. Baba asks the ghost to leave the body while holding the hair of the suffering person in one hand. With other hand; Baba sprinkles some anti-ghost water on the person. Repeatedly he asks the person to say waheguru aloud. While this all goes on; there is a group of ladies who are bare headed and hair disordered and they are in a state of frenzy; they move their heads in a circular fashion. They stop only to take a sip of water or to catch their breath and then they continue their activity. This is also believed to be exorcism.

The pictures that are offerd for sale at several flee markets depict Baba Vadhbhag Singh as Guru Vadhbhag Singh. Nahar Bir the ghost is depicted as a small child in a cage near him.

The devotees of Baba Vadhbhag Singh are very very devoted and they never tolerate any insult against Baba jee.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

a mates went there and she said there were ppl doing all sorts of weird stuff

heard a few stories abt the london, uk place where there is a 'dera' and some ppl went there , dont know why but they had some experiences after that, well they started hearing things and all that and basically had a spooky life for a while.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest militant

THis ghost stuff is pathetic a lot of hindu rituals go on @ the so called gurdwara there ghosts have no place in a gurdwara and the aarti with fire and dancin with out any head cover is jus a joke PATHETIC 2 me this is jus anova 1 of dem hindu infuenced so called sikh places whats wid the ritausl they jus make me burn inside this is antigurmat if u ask me blind people go there lol if u got so called balck majic read bani the guru granth sahib is the only way worshipin photos ,ash,water ,and that fire thing is wrothless and PaTHAETIC

Can anyone direct me to some books/webpages/ or anythnig on Baba Vadhbaagh Singh.  I'm not looking for people to say its wrong and we shouldnt as Sikhs believe in him,  if anyone has facts please not opinions please share, i have someone very close to me who has become a huge follower of this baba.  Please, Please help.

119215[/snapback]

i HAVE MADE THIS WEBSITE FOR THE DEVOTEES OF BABA VADBHAG SINGH JI

YOU CAN LOG ON TO THIS SITE FOR DETAILS FOF BABA VADBHAG SINGH JI

WWW.SRIDERASAHIB.COM

Regards

Atul Kundra

• 9 years later...
Guest a.s.khalsa

Do not say any thing wrong if you don't know any thing about baba wadbhag singh ji that water is very strong effects on evil spirits and ghosts made by baba ji 300+ i am from new zeland went to see myself . I did aerdass so they came in one woman and call me . They ask me where is my wife ....which she pass away 5 years ago she was standing beside me .. so plz don't say as i mansion .. bhul chuk maff