Baba Vadhbagh Singh

Guest confused

Guest confused

Can anyone direct me to some books/webpages/ or anythnig on Baba Vadhbaagh Singh. I'm not looking for people to say its wrong and we shouldnt as Sikhs believe in him, if anyone has facts please not opinions please share, i have someone very close to me who has become a huge follower of this baba. Please, Please help.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Confused, I can't find the link, but I have read a detailed thread on www.tapoban.org a while back blush.gif . From what I remember many go there to get rid of "spirits". I think there is a place called Baba Wadhbag Trust in Greenford (Southall, UK).

I found this on tapoban....

Bibi Taejinder Kaur jee was not married yet, but in 1948 she received amrit at an amrit sinchaar organised by the Jatha. Her family was against her wearing a keskee as well as her rehit and began to bother her. Bibi jee felt as though she had no choice but to take off her keskee.

Bibi Taejinder Kaur jee wrote a sorrowful letter to Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh jee in 1951. She had a sickness of the throat and one lung and sometimes she would cough up blood. She also began to have a light fever.

Bibi jee's older sister decided to take Bibi Taejinder Kaur to the Dera of Vadbhaag Singh to have her fever treated. (Dera Vadbhaag Singh is in the mountains and is a place where people who are "possessed" go to be cured of various diseases, etc.) A false Baba there tried to put her under his control using different mantars and tried to make her do as he wished but Bibi jee began to meditate on Naam very forcefully and he could not do anything. The Baba then gave the Bibi some water he had read a mantar into and she drank it. The fever was lifted but inside she began to feel sorrow that after drinking the amrit of the True Lord Satguru Gobind Singh jee, why had she taken the water from this Baba? She then sent a letter telling her story of pain to Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh jee. The following is Bhai Sahib's reply:

Bhai Sahib's Loving Letter to a Troubled Youth

By Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh jee

Translated by Admin www.tapoban.org

Ik Oankaaar

Vaahiguru jee kaa Khalsa|| Vaahiguru jee kee fateh||

Kumaarhatii

Asthirr raho dolho mat kabhoo gur kai bachan adhaar. Jai jai kaar sagal bhoo mandal mukh oojal darbaar (p. 671).

My suffering, most beloved royal child! I have received your anguished letter. I read it and my heart was saddened to no limit. My consciousness was moved and immersed itself in ardaas. From Nitnem, naam abhyaas, and in keertan, my consciousness was very saddened and I was lost in compassion for you. Whatever gurvaak's struck me as being suitable for you, today I have written down. The humble thought that kept arising automatically was that nothing bad can happen to this "bachee raaNee" (royal child). So I've sent all the baaNee with this letter. You too should read this baaNee attentively and let it reside in your heart and go in Chardee Kalaa.

Child, Satguru jee will give his hand and protect you. Shaabaash! You didn't bow before that fake Baba. Wherever you went, you did not falter. This is a sign of your solemn and deep Gurmukh-nature. But child, you showed a weakness: after receiving Khanday Batay kaa Amrit of Guru Kalgeedhar jee from the hands of the Punj Pyaaray, you still drank the mantar-water from that Baba, which you call "amrit".

Nanak Amrit ayk hai dooja amrit naahi (p. 1238)

The Guru's tyaar-bar-tyaar amritdhari souls should not be satisfied with this type of lowly water. Child, if you hadn't already shown weakness by removing your keskee, then Sree Dashmesh jee would have come to your help and you would have remained every breath in Chardee Kalaa. You would not have even gone near these false-hocus-pocus hypocrites at the advice of your family.

Sukh dukh tayree agiaa piaaray, doojee nahee jai.3. (p. 432).

This means, sickness comes to all bodies, which are cured according to his divine will. But that massive pain which you have felt, and hearing from you child, I too have felt now, is that you consciousness has stopped from naam abhyaas and won't do it at all. This is due to some hidden mistake of yours. But child, don't become overwhelmed with too much pain. However your naam goes, make an effort to do it. If it doesn't happen automatically, then repeat it with your tongue.

Day after tomorrow, on Sangrand, I'll do an ardaas for you. Satguru jee will help his child. May Satguru jee give me the chance and fortune to hear loving and vairaag filled keertan from your voice again. Satguru jee will help you and and fulfil you.

The fact that you didn't bow before that Baba and didn't eat meat or eggs at the advice of your fallen family members [which they believed would help her health] and didn’t falter is a sign of Guru jee's great happiness with you. Child, a naam-abhyaasee's lungs can never be weak. May Satuguru jee give you wisdom so that you can engage yourself in naam's khanda again. No pain or disease will come near you. My blessings are with you. You should not worry. All these sorrows and tortures will be eliminated. May Satguru jee give you faith, conviction and confidence and may he never let you falter.

Child, never forget baaNee: jai tan baaNee visar jai. Jio(n) pakaa rogee villai.

May Satguru jee give you even more keertan than before. I hope Satguru jee will make you able and healthy to come to the Delhi Samaagam. I, then, will be very fulfilled and you too will be happy. Child! If you give up worry of pride and honour in front of the world and the nonsense of the faithless, your keertan will go in even more chardee kalaa.

Do ardaas and adorn yourself with a keskee again. Become the wise daughter of Sree Dashmesh jee. Don't keep any other hope in yourself. Satguru jee will give you a Gurmukh husband. Don't try to be too smart [i.e. taking off my keskee will help me find a husband]. Now, with total concentration, repeat the shabads I've attached and also do the khanda of naam. Keep this list of shabads with you at all times. Nothing bad will be able to come near you.

On September 26 I will be leaving Kumarhatti and the next morning I will arrive in Ludhiana. There, in Model Town, house number 126, on September 30 and Octobers 1st and 2nd, there will be an akhand paath smaagam for the birth of my new-born grandson. This will be at the house of my son, Balbeer Singh. The Sangat will gather there. There too your ardaas will be done. On October 6th, with the entire Jatha, we will arrive in Delhi. From October 6th to the 14th, there will be a non-stop smaagam in Delhi. May Satguru jee give you the ability to come and join the smaagam by that time. Now you should return to your residence in Delhi and stay with the Sangat.

Aap daa att piaar kuthRaa,

Randheer Singh

Bibi jee reached the Delhi smaagam that year and Bhai Sahib jee went with her before the Punj Pyaaray and testified that this child has made a mistake, but she will not remove her dastaar again in the future. This was the first time Bhai Sahib jee made such a request before the Punj Pyaaray. Bibi jee's health became much better and until her final breaths in 1997, she did not take off her keskee. She was one of the first Bibis to do keertan in Delhi and would do keertan filled with vairaag.

The Shabads Bhai Sahib sent to this Bibi are as follows:

1) Simar Simar gur satgur apnaa saglaa dookh miTaaiaa. (p. 619)

2) Jis man vasai tarai jan soi. (p. 184)

3) Sookay haray keeay khin maahay. (p. 191)

4) Taap gai paai prabh shaa(n)t. (p. 191)

5) Mirtak ko paaioo tan saasaa bicchrat aan milaaiaa. (p. 614)

6) Shaa(n)t bhaee gur gobind paaee. (p. 200)

7) Saglay dookh miTay sukh deeaay apnaa naam japaaiaa. (p. 1338)

8) Anik Jatan nahee hot chhutkaaraa. Bahut siaaNap aagal bhaaraa. (p. 178)

9) Mayraa Satgur rakhvalaa hoaa. (p. 620)

10) Janam Janam kay dookh nivaarai sookaa man saadhaarai. (p. 618)

11) Sookh mangal kaliaaN sehaj dhun, prabh kay charN nihaariaa. (p. 619)

12) Gaaiay kalaysh rog sabh naasay, prabh apunay kirpaa dhaaree. (p. 619)

13) Nanak soee simreeai har jeeo, jaa(n) kee kal dhaaree raam. (p. 544)

14) Dookh rog bhai gut tan tay man nirmal har har guN gaai. (p. 373)

15) Bakhshiaa paarbrahm parmayshar, saglay rog bidaaray. (p. 620)

16) Bhaiay kripaal suaamee mayray <admin-profanity filter activated> saachai darbaar. (p. 620)

17) Sant-ho har har naam dhiaaee. (p. 620)

18) Taap paap tay raakhay aap. (p. 825)

19) Jee jugat vas prabhoo kai jo kahai so karnaa. (p. 818)

20) Avar upaav sabh tyaagiaa daroo naam laiaa. (p. 817)

21) Charn kamal prabh hirdai dhiaa-ay. (p. 806)

22) Shaa(n)t paaee gur satgur pooray. (p. 806)

23) Taap santaap saglay gai-ay binsay tay rog. (p. 807)

24) Chhod sagal siaaNpaa(n), mil saadh tiaag gumaan. (p. 1006)

25) Aapnaa prabh aaiaa chit. (p. 826)

26) Gobind simar hoaa kaliaaN. (p. 826).

Gur Fateh!

The following is taken from the much loved "Rattan Singh Bhangoo", the grandson of Mahtab Singh Meerankotia who murdered Massa Ranghar alongside Bhai Sukha Singh in Harimandir Sahib:

Parallel to the conquest of Sirhind many decades later (1757) Jallandhar city was sacked under the leadership of Vadbhag Singh. For the original please refer to page 343, editor Bhai Vir Singh pub.1998).

Addressing the gathering of the Sikhs prior to attack Vadbhag Singh then thundered, “ Is there anyone today who dares save Jallandhar?” Unsheathing his Katar (dagger) he flashed it and said.” Having killed him (the ruler of Jallandhar) I shall die of wounds myself. From the Khalsa gathering everyone stood up with folded hands and promised that there is none who would disagree with you today. All the drums were sounded. He also ordered that if Deena (Adina Beg one of the commanders of the Jallandhar ruler known to be favorable to Sikhs) tries to save Jallandhar then plunder him as well. When Deena Beg heard this he feared lest he gets plundered before the attack on Jallandhar. He immediately beat the big drum and hurried to meet the Khalsa.

He stood before Vadbhag Singh and said, “Tell me what to do. I shall pay money as penalty and feed the Singhs with Karah in future”.

Then Vadbhag Singh said to Khalsa,”First of all get the Pathans slayed, get the tomb of Nasir Ali (a muslim holy person buried in Jallandhar) burnt, all other tasks we shall perform after that.”

Vadbhag then again said to the Sikhs,”Any one who claims to be a Sikh, should capture the Turkani (muslim women) of the Turks (muslim men), this is what I insist you should do.”

He said to Deena Beg not to come out of his residence, who knows something might happen and you may be killed. Deena Beg then said, “ I am now become your Sikh, I am your Bhoda (hairless, mona) Sikh, As you desire save me.

Then Khalsa attacked and entered the city and carried on murdering people, They would leave alone the ones with a Bodi (Hindus with a little pony tail on head), but anyone without bodi (meaning muslims)would be slain.

Khalsa did as Vadbhag Singh had ordered. By exhuming the remains of Nasir Ali from the grave they stuffed his mouth with pork. Any Mughal, Pathan, Sheikh, or Sayyad woman was broght in by the Ranghretta Singhs. There was a Sikh named Sarup Singh from Chanarthal (near Chandigarh). Vadbhag Singh asked him take your pick from the Muslim women of Jallandhar. He further said, “Any one who takes and keeps a Turkani (muslim woman) from Jallandhar, I shall be his protector here in this world as well as hereafter”.

I shall allow the forum to make their own conclusions concerning (a) the character of Baba Vadbhag Singh (b) the Rangretha Singhs and © the supposed 'flawless' legacy that we have been brought up on concerning ALL Singhs of old.

Rattan Singh Bhangu and other scholars such as Giani Gian Singh and Kavi Santokh Singh wrote whatever was given to them. They had very limited resources for research. I totaly disagree with the above story. Why would Singh stuff pork in dead body'mouth? Dead is dead. And the Singhs never took Muslim women. There were people like Bhai Taru Singh who fought and saved Muslim women. Muslims weren't the enemy of Sikhs, the Islamic fanatic laws and rules were the enemy. Not the common people. Muslims helped Sikhs many times. E.g. Ratan Singh was saved by a Muslim friend of Mehtab Singh. Mehtab Singh was surrounded and his Muslim friend said that Rattan Singh is his son. Guru Ji had told Sikhs not to associate with Dheermaleaas. They had established their own Gurugaddi. When Guru Ji sent Sikhs to retrieve Aad Granth Sahib from Dheermaleaas, so Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's bani could be added, Dheermaleeaa Guru Vadbhag Rai said that if your Guru is all powerfull, why doesn't he write the Granth again. Sikhs went back and told this to Guru Ji. Then Guru Ji had the Guru Granth written. Guru Ji also said that Vadbhag Rai is "Bhootnay-aa Daa Guru" meaning Vadbhag Rai is the Guru of mentally retarded. Vadhbaag Rai's house and property were destroyed by the Mughals. He had no choice so he went to the Khalsa Panth. Khalsa Panth said we can't help you or discuss anything with you as you are a Dheermealeea. He said he would do whatever but he needs safety and protection. So Panth decided that he has on;y one option and that is give up his Guruship and join the Khalsa Panth. He agreed and joined the Khalsa Panth by taking Khanday Ki Pahul.

Ah yes, "the Khalsa Fauj" - our enlightened friend who know all and sundry about what happened back in the 18th and 19th century.

Unfortunately history is not ALL that we want or desire it to be - yes, WE ALL have BAD APPLES and the above is a good example of this. You'll also note that the same text gives a detailed account of the TAT KHALSA Singhs stuffing pork into the mouths of the Bandai Khalsa outside the Akal Thakt.

Of course, for you, ALL Singhs are gods and angels and anything even slightly to suggest to the contrary must be the works of bipar agents - man, leave your paranoid mind at the door!

Ah yes, "the Khalsa Fauj" - our enlightened friend who know all and sundry about what happened back in the 18th and 19th century.

Unfortunately history is not ALL that we want or desire it to be - yes, WE ALL have BAD APPLES and the above is a good example of this.  You'll also note that the same text gives a detailed account of the TAT KHALSA Singhs stuffing pork into the mouths of the Bandai Khalsa outside the Akal Thakt.

Of course, for you, ALL Singhs are gods and angels and anything even slightly to suggest to the contrary must be the works of bipar agents - man, leave your paranoid mind at the door!

119898[/snapback]

great post LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Baba Vadhbhagh Singh jee was a great warrior who was later ordered by Khalsa Panth to retreat to the mountains along with older sikhs, women and children. There he set up his base which was good for sikhi while he was alive. He took the initiative of saving the local people from a ghost Nahar Bir. This Nahar Bir has been said to become his slave later. Nahar Bir is still believed to be alive and helping people get rid of the evil spirits that have taken possession of them. There is a special place for this Nahar Bir. You cannot say anything until you have visited the place yourself. The place is devoid of the spirit of Sikhism. In the Holi (a hindu festival) season lot of people gather there. A central place where Prakash Of Maharaj Guru Granth Sahib jee has been done. From there anouncements are made for supplications(prayers) of people. Mostly prayers are like this (which can be heard from far) .... Baba jee bless me with a truck. Baba jee bless me with a house. (I never heard anyone asking for Computer Engineering degree or anything like that). Baba jee bless me with a son. Whole place is filled with camps. These camps belong to different Babas who come to this place from all over India (may be overseas). You have to be part of a camp too; otherwise you will not get a place to sleep. These days lot of rooms have been made. I am sure there is mafia behind all this ( Dheermalliaas and Ramraaeeaas; who are still against Sikhism).