Guru Maneo Granth

TavPrasad Singh

The main purpose for the Sri Guru Granth Sahib is to obtain truth and knowledge by reading it or listening to it, but even before we can start doing that we need to understand that this book is our GURU, SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB. But the things that we do to the Sri Guru Granth Sahib you can see its all to show respect, like bowing your head to Guru Ji to greet the Guru with respect, an example of idol worship would be talking to the Guru Granth Sahib. Remember Sikhs respect the Guru Granth Sahib but worship God.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh

sum "sikhs" find it hard 2 follow simple instructions such as covering head (myt spoil the gel on their spiked up hair) or taking shoees off (dirty socks) to respect Guru Ji.

1. we dont bow down 2 a Book. we bow down to Guru Ji. ALL TEN GURUS. how? COz Guru's wisdom is in Guru Granth Sahib. OUR GURU IS NOT A BOOK. OUR GUUR IS SHABAD GURBANI.

2. they kept saying that we should follw their teachings. well insted of telling others... lets start urself :) hypocrisy is put DOWN by guru Ji. "KARTOOT PASHHU KEE MANUS JAAT"

3. worshipping pictures IS idol worship. They dont teach u. Maybe inspiure, but face it, mostly hindus made these pics 200+ yrs later!!!

4. Hmm... What did Guur Gobind SIngh Ji say in Dohra? or do u actually read it grin.gif :

AAGEYA BHAII AKAAL KEE

TABBE CHALAAYO PANTH

SABH SIKHAN KOH HUKAM HAI

GURU MANEYO GRANTH.

Respect your True Teacher. I read somewhere that once you will see 10 Gurus in Guru Granth SAhib JI, thats when you know that Guru Ji dun kirpa on you and now u can follow every command.

From what ive read on that post, they still see Guru Ji as a book. How can you follow the teachings of a book then? U will start to doubt the author as soon as it disagrees with you.

Hope Guru Ji gives them Sumat and knwledge :doh:

• 1 year later...

i added a reply to that website:

when u bow down to the guru granth, do u bow down to a book or an idea?

i bow down to the idea. The idea of equality, justice, human rights, and, foremost, love of god. i bow down to the idea of love of my guru, of guru nanak, of guru angad, of guru amardas, of guru ramdas, of guru arjun, of guru hargobind, of guru har rai, of guru harkrishan, or guru tegh bahadur, of guru gobind singh, of the {bhagats}, of the other writers within it.

theguru granth presents all of their ideas and teachings. if u cannot follow them, u will never truly become a sikh. i bow down to the teachings, not the book. I keep my feet away from the teachings, to show resepct to THEM. I keep my head covered to my guru's ideas, just as the gurus mandated, i sit on floors so as to show myself lower than these teachings, and the ideas of my gurus. When we bow, we bow not to a man-made book, but to a guru-made idea that the guru inherited from god. those of u who disagree with this and argue amongst one another are not following the gurus hukam. The ideas of all the gurus were compiled into the idea of one guru who has all of the ideas of the gurus before him/her. So, please respect him. It is not ritual worship, but worship of an idea. I'm sorry, but i myslef do not follow the teachings well. I try and try, but i cannot. the "Stupid rules" are so that humans do not become corrupt, and those who do not follow them become corrupt. Otherwise, faithful muslims, christians, and jews, and hindus still achieve oneness with god. But these people were corrupted by themselves, and lost the ability to obtain god. If they lose their corruption, they can still achieve god. Sikhi was created to help rid the world of corruption.

"Agya payi akal ki,

tabhe chalayo panth,

sabh sikhan ko hukam hai,

guru maneo granth,

guru granth ji maneo,

pargat guran ki de,

jo prabh ko mil voch hai,

koj shabad mein le,

raj karega khalsa,

aki rehe no koe,

khwar hue sabh milenge,

bachche sharan jo hoe"

~guru gobind singh~

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh

oh, and just remember the teachings always

=P

I guess that the only one that they argued over was the feet thing...Well, that, I guess is to just say that the Guru is a collection of ideals/ideas and we pray to the ideals/ideas...the Kaaba is a physical thing while the teachings are metaphysical...all muslims do is pray toward the kaaba as if it is the sole area of God, while it is not...in contrast, the ideas within the SGGS are shown as emitting from within it...if u point ur feet toward it, u r ignoring it....the ideas flow from the SGGS and those who do not look at them, and instead point their feet towrd them, are ignorant toward them. The Mecca story did happen, but, anyway, the real thing is that the Kaaba was prayed toward as if it was God's only place...while it wasnt....and the SGGS is actually the only place where the ideas exist (except for of course in the minds of people~Sikhs~)...The ideas of the SGGS will be ignored when feet are pointed toward it (by the person pointing the feet), while the Kaaba has no ideas but is a residence of God. The Kaaba is, as i said, physical, aand the ideas metaphysical...besides, the ideas can only be brought out from the SGGS while the Kaaba (used to signify God) can be brought out anywhere....God is everywhere, but Sikh ideas of God are all in the SGGS and in the heads of Sikhs....if both go away completely, they are no more...while, if the Kaaba goes away, God's presence is still there....forever

oh, and the SGGS and sikh population will probably not go away....

i added a reply to that website:

when u bow down to the guru granth, do u bow down to a book or an idea?

i bow down to the idea. The idea of equality, justice, human rights, and, foremost, love of god. i bow down to the idea of love of my guru, of guru nanak, of guru angad, of guru amardas, of guru ramdas, of guru arjun, of guru hargobind, of guru har rai, of guru harkrishan, or guru tegh bahadur, of guru gobind singh, of the {bhagats}, of the other writers within it.

theguru granth presents all of their ideas and teachings. if u cannot follow them, u will never truly become a sikh. i bow down to the teachings, not the book. I keep my feet away from the teachings, to show resepct to THEM. I keep my head covered to my guru's ideas, just as the gurus mandated, i sit on floors so as to show myself lower than these teachings, and the ideas of my gurus. When we bow, we bow not to a man-made book, but to a guru-made idea that the guru inherited from god. those of u who disagree with this and argue amongst one another are not following the gurus hukam. The ideas of all the gurus were compiled into the idea of one guru who has all of the ideas of the gurus before him/her. So, please respect him. It is not ritual worship, but worship of an idea. I'm sorry, but i myslef do not follow the teachings well. I try and try, but i cannot. the "Stupid rules" are so that humans do not become corrupt, and those who do not follow them become corrupt. Otherwise, faithful muslims, christians, and jews, and hindus still achieve oneness with god. But these people were corrupted by themselves, and lost the ability to obtain god. If they lose their corruption, they can still achieve god. Sikhi was created to help rid the world of corruption.

"Agya payi akal ki,

tabhe chalayo panth,

sabh sikhan ko hukam hai,

guru maneo granth,

guru granth ji maneo,

pargat guran ki de,

jo prabh ko mil voch hai,

koj shabad mein le,

raj karega khalsa,

aki rehe no koe,

khwar hue sabh milenge,

bachche sharan jo hoe"

~guru gobind singh~

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh

oh, and just remember the teachings always

=P

I guess that the only one that they argued over was the feet thing...Well, that, I guess is to just say that the Guru is a collection of ideals/ideas and we pray to the ideals/ideas...the Kaaba is a physical thing while the teachings are metaphysical...all muslims do is pray toward the kaaba as if it is the sole area of God, while it is not...in contrast, the ideas within the SGGS are shown as emitting from within it...if u point ur feet toward it, u r ignoring it....the ideas flow from the SGGS and those who do not look at them, and instead point their feet towrd them, are ignorant toward them. The Mecca story did happen, but, anyway, the real thing is that the Kaaba was prayed toward as if it was God's only place...while it wasnt....and the SGGS is actually the only place where the ideas exist (except for of course in the minds of people~Sikhs~)...The ideas of the SGGS will be ignored when feet are pointed toward it (by the person pointing the feet), while the Kaaba has no ideas but is a residence of God. The Kaaba is, as i said, physical, aand the ideas metaphysical...besides, the ideas can only be brought out from the SGGS while the Kaaba (used to signify God) can be brought out anywhere....God is everywhere, but Sikh ideas of God are all in the SGGS and in the heads of Sikhs....if both go away completely, they are no more...while, if the Kaaba goes away, God's presence is still there....forever

oh, and the SGGS and sikh population will probably not go away....

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fatehh

1stly sab sikh ko hukham ha guru maan granth isnt actully guru bani nonoe of our gurus stated that .... what guru gobind singh ji did sai was that -bani guroo,guroo hai bani,vich bani amrit sarey

when we mata tek to mahraj we are literally sayin mahraj take ma hed i giv it to u ....

goreh n etc may think we worship a soo called 'book' and that goes under idol worhsipping but the truth is

when we go and mata tek to mahraj we shouldnt matatek to anything els whats their apart from mahrajs gurubani that is direct from akaal purkh it self

and we are sayin by mata teking that mahraj you are the real thing in your gurubani it inspires me u giv ur hed to you ...

these dai;s alot of the sangat that may com to any gurudawra is not very educated in sikhi and jus does mata and wlks stirght out.....

then it turns into rituals and just a 'book' to somepeople .... but its hurtful to even call mahraj such things because once you do read the gurubani mahraj has given us

to live our lives and what to wathc out for we wouldnt be as we aall are todai in this kuljugg.....

bhull chuk maaf karo

waheguruu ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fatehhhh

wahe guru ji ka khalsa wahe guru ji ki fateh

Guru Gobind singh ji maharaj stated that no one should worship me, the next Guru ji is guru granth sahib so it follows, that we need to receive teachings from our next Guru just like all our Ten Guru sahibs to attain oneness with WaheGuru

Respect and Worshp, I understand untitled singh ji's point of view.

Bhulla maaf jio