Question About Unnatural Facial Hairs

Balwinder Singh

yes facial hair is natural... but like mentioned above excessive facial hair on women isn't... whether u choose to accept it or not it is a medical condition.. a condition of hormonal imbalance.. a condition that if it gets too serious and is not taken care of can affect ur ability to give birth.. and a condition that left alone can lead to other health concerns... if u don't believe us do some reasearch on it... i'm sure it would be in everybodys best interest to do research on this topic before we make any conclusions... i have done some research myself but for the most part have heard this from doctors myself...

bhul chuk maaf...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

122011[/snapback]

I’m not disputing the fact that facial hair can be a symptom of an underlying medical condition (refer back to my post and you’ll see I have stated this). By all means consult a doctor, as its best to be sure about something rather than assuming nothing is wrong. The point I am trying to make is facial does not mean there is definitely something wrong, I have facial hair and I have seen my doctor about it (have had all the tests), there is nothing wrong with me, there is no medical condition that I have but I happen to have facial hair.

In reference to doing some research on the topic, I have done a lot of research on it. There are a number of conditions for which facial hair can be a symptom but sometimes people get facial hair because it just happens.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if one of the underlying facts and issues is that as men we grow up sexist and stupid with respect to women. Therefore we should probably be starting with kindergarten classes on sorting out our biases and assumptions before going anywhere near having a right to opinion about the appearance of women even if related to other aspects of health.

I understand little more then the guys who posted here cause as I read their posts they seemed sensible and something similar (not same) to what I might post. However, upon reading the women's posts, they really put us to shame. Mens logical arguments do not always translate to logic in a world full of mens illogical assumptions.

The most riveting thing about this topic is how much of a non-topic it should be.

Guest A Singh.
it is said that women who have facial hair were said to have been warriors in their past life.

gustaphi maaf

122147[/snapback]

Veer "Kandola" Ji, please refrain from making up ridiculous statements without any backing whatsoever. It is said, that people who consistently make comments without any substance are eventually taken less seriously than those who think before they articulate their thoughts.

Personal questions about Kesh, or anything to do with Rehat, are better off posed to the Panj Pyare rather than a group of message board users where their background, kamai and views with regards to Sikhe are unknown.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

From reading all the responses the main point i got was something along the lines of everything is happening under god's will. Ii totally agree with that but think about this.

Everything is happening under God's will, so when i get sick i shouldnt take any medicine; if i get in a accident and break my legs, i shouldnt get surgery to get them fixed; (u get the idea...)

Yes, everything is happening under god's will but also remember that we reap what we sow. bad karama will get you something bad in return (not to imply that bibian who have facial hair have some bad karma).

in the end, it really comes down to personal choice. It should be between the bibi (or bhaji for that matter) and Guruji,noone else. Satguru is always there, beg Satguruji to show you an answer to your "problem" and you shall receive an answer.

One hud-biti. i know this one bibi who had almost a full beard (like singhs) and she went out and had them removed, all her singhian friends stopped talking to her. they jugded her from the outside. It was her decision and she contemplated it for a long time before going through with it, who am i judge her. We all are judged in waheguru's dargah(court).

Bhul Chuk Khima

Guru Rakha

Ok but where does sangat lie on bibya who do have alot of facial hair that do not remove the hair but bleach it is that just as bad as cutting your hair or is it better cuz ur not removing ur hair just woindering what the sangat think cuz i know alot of amrit dhariu bibya my friends etc who bleach but say its betta to bleach it that wax it or whatever

Penji (paapi'spost), i agree that yeh there can be circumstance when the bibi is like going through a tough time and Yes it is between her, him and waheguru, your right. Noone shud really judge to offer advice on this perosnal issue if they themselves aint experienced that problem, they cant see its difficulties, it is between the person with the issue and Guru ji. Guru ji does not want his children to be suffering. If youre happy with what you have or not have, accept god will then thas good, if you are going through a very hard time where in living is hard in the world then do ardas and what your mun tells you do it, cause our mun is where guru ji resides, the first thought is the thought of waheguru the second moments later thought is usually our own.

Cksinghani Jee, essentially, you're asking which is better -- a bujjar kurehit or a kurehit. I could ask you the same question in different words: which is better -- having your head cut off slowly or having it removed swiftly in one blow? While one way may feel "better" than the other in the immediate present, both choices will lead to the same outcome, right? A Sikh wouldn't choose between screwing up a LITTLE or screwing up a LOT, because either way, any screw up is costly.

Removing your kes through waxing, shaving, plucking, trimming etc, is a bujjar kurehit and one who commits such an act is no longer a Sikh. Bleaching your kes, like dying it, is a kurehit and while it is a "sin" to a lesser degree than removing the kes, does that make it "better"? Not really. I know it's difficult and the pressure to conform can be almost unbearable, but know that you'll never find happiness by turning your back on your Guru.

If excessive hair growth is caused by some type of hormonal imbalance, there's nothing wrong with seeing a doctor. In most cases though, hair that is already on your face will not go away. Treatment can prevent future hair growth, but in most cases, kes that you already have will remain intact. Often, women have facial hair for no apparent reason, ie. it isn't linked to hormonal issues at all. If that is the case and it isn't caused by a hormone imbalance, then try to balance out your priorities instead -- Sikhi above the world. With that choice, you'll never go wrong.