How Did U Find Him?

Heera Singh

Heera singh pajee that was True Inspiration, so glad I read it, :)

im in uk we got relatives there in Brampton and ive visited twice, its a really nice part of toronto, not just the place but sangat too.

Stay chardi kalaa, vaheguru.

be ready for another longg read.

MY PARENTS

my parents arent into sikhi. my dads a commie and athiest to a degree. as for my mum, well she sometimes pretends to be but for example she'll put on rehras sahib in one room and sit in another and criticises religious sikhs at gurdwaras by calling them smugglars! most of my chachas, mamas etc arent religious and are either commies or alchys. so no inspiration from there

CHILDHOOD/TEENAGE YEARS

i had a top knot up until the age of 8. but as with 90 per cent of kids at that time i didnt know the significance of it and had a hair cut.by the time i got into year 9 in secondary school i started getting into bad sangat. started smoking, drinking and occasionally the odd spliff. and i started to attract alot of trouble particularly with local muslims and began getting into fights all the time with everyone and anyone, so much so that at one point my friends were scared to be seen with me.

when i started college i began going to loads of daytimer gigs, having serial flings (no respect for the feelings of girls) and the cycle of fights and everything else continued. i rarely used to go gurdwara and if i did i couldnt sit there for 5 minutes

and my knowledge of sikhi was extremely minimal. i was more into the jatt punjabi flex! the only way i progressed through higher education was the fear of bhapu's juthi if i failed!

TURNING POINT

my family stopped eating meat, my dad stopped alcohol for two days a week. at first i never used to bother but one day my mum sat me down and explained the reasons (something to do with shaheed singhs, dont wanna go into the detail).

i started to question who i was and where i was going wrong. from that day i observed the two days, took it seriously and did the same. and things started to improve for me.

and the following year, without even building up to it i stopped burning, even though my mates and cousins at that time tried to persuade me otherwise.

and at the same time i started to learn about the 1984 injustices and began getting into sikhi. i also started getting into good sangat.

the year after that i couldnt get enough i sikhi. i had my akhand path (last year) for my bday and for some reason i felt an urge to listen to the bani and i felt real comfortable doing so.

after that i gave up meat and alcohol and started growing my hair and i now wear a patka! im still building up confidence to grow me beard and am trying to follow rehit as much as possible. with guru ji's kirpa everythings going right and im taking one step at a time. my parents think im becoming a fanatic! i've tried arguing and explaining to them but now i think whats the point working myself up, it goes through one ear and out the other!

inspiration wise: out of many things and experiences i found reading 'in search of the True Guru' by bhai rama singh ji to be one of most inspirational books out there. well worth reading :TH:

i find it hard to imagine how much has changed for me this past year or two but i know none of it would have been possible without WAHEGURU pray.gif

sorry for the long read..

singh_comradz Posted Today, 03:40 AM

be ready for another longg read.

MY PARENTS

my parents arent into sikhi. my dads a commie and athiest to a degree. as for my mum, well she sometimes pretends to be but for example she'll put on rehras sahib in one room and sit in another and criticises religious sikhs at gurdwaras by calling them smugglars! most of my chachas, mamas etc arent religious and are either commies or alchys. so no inspiration from there

CHILDHOOD/TEENAGE YEARS

i had a top knot up until the age of 8. but as with 90 per cent of kids at that time i didnt know the significance of it and had a hair cut.by the time i got into year 9 in secondary school i started getting into bad sangat. started smoking, drinking and occasionally the odd spliff. and i started to attract alot of trouble particularly with local muslims and began getting into fights all the time with everyone and anyone, so much so that at one point my friends were scared to be seen with me.

when i started college i began going to loads of daytimer gigs, having serial flings (no respect for the feelings of girls) and the cycle of fights and everything else continued. i rarely used to go gurdwara and if i did i couldnt sit there for 5 minutes

and my knowledge of sikhi was extremely minimal. i was more into the jatt punjabi flex! the only way i progressed through higher education was the fear of bhapu's juthi if i failed!

TURNING POINT

my family stopped eating meat, my dad stopped alcohol for two days a week. at first i never used to bother but one day my mum sat me down and explained the reasons (something to do with shaheed singhs, dont wanna go into the detail).

i started to question who i was and where i was going wrong. from that day i observed the two days, took it seriously and did the same. and things started to improve for me.

and the following year, without even building up to it i stopped burning, even though my mates and cousins at that time tried to persuade me otherwise.

and at the same time i started to learn about the 1984 injustices and began getting into sikhi. i also started getting into good sangat.

the year after that i couldnt get enough i sikhi. i had my akhand path (last year) for my bday and for some reason i felt an urge to listen to the bani and i felt real comfortable doing so.

after that i gave up meat and alcohol and started growing my hair and i now wear a patka! im still building up confidence to grow me beard and am trying to follow rehit as much as possible. with guru ji's kirpa everythings going right and im taking one step at a time. my parents think im becoming a fanatic! i've tried arguing and explaining to them but now i think whats the point working myself up, it goes through one ear and out the other!

inspiration wise: out of many things and experiences i found reading 'in search of the True Guru' by bhai rama singh ji to be one of most inspirational books out there. well worth reading 

i find it hard to imagine how much has changed for me this past year or two but i know none of it would have been possible without WAHEGURU 

sorry for the long read..

wiked paaji .. keep at it .. remember URE ONLI DOING THIS FOR VAHEGUROO JI !!

NAAM JAPOOO !! .... keep at it ji .. GURU JI'S BANA IS THE BEST !! so wear it and be proud

keep it up !!

i must have been a hopeless case...He probably figured this kid is NEVER gonna find me...so HE in his mercy blessed me by letting me take birth into a gursikh family. Gave me loving gursikh parents who surrounded us with nanak love, blessed us with sadh sangat, the sangat of amazing gurmukh piyaraaas, blessed me with a loving gursikh nani ji who taught me paaat while the other kids would be playing outside...i dunno...everything has just been a blessing...one after another...i can't say i deserve them...i dont know why i've been blessed....i can just be thankful...to guru nanak...and hope that with all the blessings guru ji has given me, that he can bless me to make wise use of those blessings and become a gursikh that they can smile down at....

dhan guru nanak, shukar hai...

waheguru tera shukar hai....