How Did U Find Him?

Heera Singh

alright guys, its noobie time. heres my story. = )

So I was born in a Sikh family with two older sisters. Some of my early memories remember my dad in a pugh, and others remember him with cut hair. He decided to keep his hair shortly after my birth. Everybody else in my family, mom and sisters and i, kept our kesh since birth. :) hehe. My mom was always into Sikhi, and luckily, it rubbed off on me. d_oh.gif :TH:

I was originally born in New Jersey. :s As a typical Sikh family, we would go to Gurudwara every sunday, occasionally on GurPurabhs. ( occasionally :sady: ) You guys know how 6-7-8 year olds are; or atleast how i was. I would sit with my mom anad sisters, pay no attention to the kirtan going on, look forward to receiving parshaad cause if its sweet taste. hehe. I would quickly eat langar so that I could get up and go spin in the circles where no-one was sitting with all the other kids. yea. i would spin in circles. lol. :cool:

I would go to school with my joora and patka on my head, but I knew nothing of my religion. I knew nothign of myself. People would ask, and I would give short, quick answers. shortly after giving the answers, i would ponder myself if my answers were correct; recess would always help me forget about things though. LOL.gif

When I was...around..8 years old, me and my family moved to our current location. Houston, Texas.

let me clear things up. not everybody wears cowboy hats. There aren't snakes roaming around the streets. (well..there are, but they are usually in the gardens. lol.) and we do not ride horses to school. :umm: LOL.gif

Yea. So. Houston. Bigggg change for me. Honestly, for the better. The sangat here opened my eyes. opened my eyes verrrrry widely. In houston, i actually had/have cousins with their full kesh, and that changed my view on myself as well as Sikhi completely. I would go to Gurudwara with them, and instead of spinning in circles, i would see them doing seva. slowly, i started passing out spoons and napkins. I would sit upstairs during the kirtans with them, and they would explain the shabads to me. Slowly and slowly, more and more interest about sikhi came to me. I would go on the computer and look things up and ask around about things. It just kept growing and growing. It got to the point, where my older sisters would come and ask me questions about sikhi, and i would generally, straight-forwardly give them an answer.

When i was around 11 and a half ish, i started waking up amrit vela. i started doing my nitnem daily. Amrit was constantly on my mind, but i needed to to mentally know if i was ready and if i was committed. I kept up with my rehit, and continued to listen to Kirtan whenver i go the chance.

When I was thirteen, I took a look at myself. and saw a change. I wasn't that little unsure bachaa with a patka and his pants up to his neck. ( typical . mom always made me pull up my pants. lol) I wasn't listening to hip-hop/rock/..everything. I basically wasn't listening to american music anymore, and all i had was kirtan on my mp3 player. A feeling overcame me, and I decided I was ready to take Amrit. My mother and I took Amrit in april of 2006.

Its about to be a years since then, and i can honeslty say, i personally feel im living for a better reason now, then to go to Gurudwara to spin in circles. I have been keeping up with my rehit and doing my nitnems. yet, I still learn something new about Sikhi everday. Every single day. Thats how I know that Sikhi is the religion for me. and all in all, thats how i met/ hope to meet Him. ( hehe. title of thread)

My two cents.

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you Singh! I've seen you grow up in front of my eyes, and i've finally realized that you've grown older than me! You are truly the reason why I love Houston so much - the chardi kala you radiate is beyond words.

I love you kids. :cool:

My Story:

I was born into a reular old punjabi family. Party every now and then. Dad use to drink and eat meat. But he was still pretty religious. Same wid my mom. At first when i was born my grandma wanted me to cut my hair but my mom said well let him keep it first and we will see. Turned out i never cut my kesh even though i was hanging out quite the wrong group. My grades were average but i was always gettin in trouble. Then one day when i was 10 i decided that i would stop eating meat. With this i started to have a greater love for Gurbani. I started learning my Japji sahib and rarhiras sahib. And soon i decided i wanted to take amrit. I told my rents and they decided to stop me. They said i was to young at the time and that i would probably end up breaking it. Then we went ended up going to a samagam in Ottawa. As i went there i realised that if i didn't take amrit i would be wasting my life. Every second i spent with out guru ji's amrit was a wasted second. And that if i i ever wanted to take amrit this was my chance. (my family and i rarely went to samagams).

So for the first day i prpared myself. I would sit in kirtan for as long as i could. By the end of the first day my legs were numb to the max. Then before i went to bed i did ardaas asking for guru ji's kirpa so that my parents would understand. Then the next day i did it. I took amrit at the age of 11. And the look on my Grandma's face when she saw me wearing a kirpan when i came home was priceless. Since then my dad has stopped drinking and eating meat, and has started to do more paat in his spare time. My mom has changed to.

So I was born in a Sikh family with two older sisters. Some of my early memories remember my dad in a pugh, and others remember him with cut hair. He decided to keep his hair shortly after my birth. Everybody else in my family, mom and sisters and i, kept our kesh since birth. :) hehe. My mom was always into Sikhi, and luckily, it rubbed off on me. d_oh.gif :TH:

I was originally born in New Jersey. :s As a typical Sikh family, we would go to Gurudwara every sunday, occasionally on GurPurabhs. ( occasionally :sady: ) You guys know how 6-7-8 year olds are; or atleast how i was. I would sit with my mom anad sisters, pay no attention to the kirtan going on, look forward to receiving parshaad cause if its sweet taste. hehe. I would quickly eat langar so that I could get up and go spin in the circles where no-one was sitting with all the other kids. yea. i would spin in circles. lol. :cool:

I would go to school with my joora and patka on my head, but I knew nothing of my religion. I knew nothign of myself. People would ask, and I would give short, quick answers. shortly after giving the answers, i would ponder myself if my answers were correct; recess would always help me forget about things though. LOL.gif

When I was...around..8 years old, me and my family moved to our current location. Houston, Texas.

let me clear things up. not everybody wears cowboy hats. There aren't snakes roaming around the streets. (well..there are, but they are usually in the gardens. lol.) and we do not ride horses to school. :umm: LOL.gif

Yea. So. Houston. Bigggg change for me. Honestly, for the better. The sangat here opened my eyes. opened my eyes verrrrry widely. In houston, i actually had/have cousins with their full kesh, and that changed my view on myself as well as Sikhi completely. I would go to Gurudwara with them, and instead of spinning in circles, i would see them doing seva. slowly, i started passing out spoons and napkins. I would sit upstairs during the kirtans with them, and they would explain the shabads to me. Slowly and slowly, more and more interest about sikhi came to me. I would go on the computer and look things up and ask around about things. It just kept growing and growing. It got to the point, where my older sisters would come and ask me questions about sikhi, and i would generally, straight-forwardly give them an answer.

When i was around 11 and a half ish, i started waking up amrit vela. i started doing my nitnem daily. Amrit was constantly on my mind, but i needed to to mentally know if i was ready and if i was committed. I kept up with my rehit, and continued to listen to Kirtan whenver i go the chance.

When I was thirteen, I took a look at myself. and saw a change. I wasn't that little unsure bachaa with a patka and his pants up to his neck. ( typical . mom always made me pull up my pants. lol) I wasn't listening to hip-hop/rock/..everything. I basically wasn't listening to american music anymore, and all i had was kirtan on my mp3 player. A feeling overcame me, and I decided I was ready to take Amrit. My mother and I took Amrit in april of 2006.

Its about to be a years since then, and i can honeslty say, i personally feel im living for a better reason now, then to go to Gurudwara to spin in circles. I have been keeping up with my rehit and doing my nitnems. yet, I still learn something new about Sikhi everday. Every single day. Thats how I know that Sikhi is the religion for me. and all in all, thats how i met/ hope to meet Him. ( hehe. title of thread)

My two cents.

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you Singh! I've seen you grow up in front of my eyes, and i've finally realized that you've grown older than me! You are truly the reason why I love Houston so much - the chardi kala you radiate is beyond words.

lol. houston misses you too! :nihungsmile:

My two cents.

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni.

My two cents.

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni.

wjkk wjkf

well, where shall i start?, lol.

i remember when i was about 10 years old, i really wanted amrit... , but i was told to have it later when im older so i can keep it properly, so for a while my mind went off the subject, however all changed because one person inspired me soo much!! in 2005 sant baba ranjit singh ji (dhadrian wale) came to england and my mom used to watch their dvds so we thought that we will go to a dwan in west bromwich......... and im soo glad we did!! from that one programme, my soul felt touched and alive!! so we went to all the dwans in england, and on the second dwan my mom had amrit!! i was soo glad, because since i was little there was not much sikhi in my house, after family problems got worse which resulted in my dad to be thrown out the house ... it was then babji came to england, so i would say that babaji ranjit singh ji inspierd me, my mom and my sister, if it wasnt for them, my dad would still be living with us, and then noo way would we have been in peace like today (just pray it stays like this)....... i thank babaji all the time, the way sant baba ranjit singh ji does kirtan, and tells stories about the sikh past is just great!! the amount of sangat was great and life seemed very worth it. so at the moment still learning more and more, love going to rainsbai's and any other kirtan programmes.,, thanks to waheguru do my daily prayer , hopefully will learn how to read gurmukhi soon, at the mo read a english gutka. etc.... now just preparing myself to have amrit, and cant wait for that day.,,,, hopefully very soon ohmy.gif )

just like to say, that everyone should go to babaji's dwans, they are great!! hopefully they will be in july :umm:

They say God sends angels for each and every one of us, I always thought this was not true till out angel came to help us out.. soo glad, that waheguru picked me and my family from the dump, and joined us to his charn and the sant sangat. pray.gif

Bhull Chuk Maaf Karni. :TH: