How Did U Find Him?

Heera Singh

Uptill 12th grade, i was a very studious parrakku saauuuu kind of a guy, hahaha. I dint have much knowledge of sikhi but still used to go to Gurdwara Sahib pretty regularly. After 12th, I got admission in engineering in one of the best institutes in the country and I thought that now is the time to enjoy life. I got my hair cut, bought a motorbike, started drinking etc. I was lucky I always stayed away from girls, I was always shy talking to girls,lol, haha, I saw most of my jatt friends getting messed up with girls. Then a pretty sad incident happened in my life that made me question my lifestyle. My father saab gave me a steek of Sri Jap Ji Sahib, I read that and started doing Japji Sahib regularly. I also began to keep a bit of beard and wearing pagg on marriages. Then I went to South Korea for training. My training went so well, that I was offered a very high paid job in Korea and I was just in 3rd year of my engineering. I thought that it was all due to the Jap Ji Sahib paath I am doing. This increased my faith in gurbani and I started to read more gurbani from internet and began to read sikh history. Then next year I went to europe for training and it was there that I decided to keep my hair.I also stopped drinking alcohal and 8 months later I took amrit.

After chakking amrit, my experience with the amrtidharis was pretty bad. I found that they were very greedy, desperate to somehow make it to the west, suffered from jealousy, were themselves divided into small groups and uselessly fought with each other and did chugglis, their moral character was also not the best. I was kind of getting stuck in a jatha. Then luckily I met a very nice gurmukh person who gave me very nice advice and I started to do sangat with him. It was after meeting with this person that I started to do some good bhagti, lol and realized the rass of gurbani and naam. This gurmukh person loved Dasam Bani and I started to do lots of paath of Dasam Bani and that just changed my life. It was only after finding sachi sangat that I really experienced the power of spirituality. At present, I am just trying to keep this spirituality going, trying to wash the many many sins I have done in this life and previous lives and trying to cross over this deadly world ocean.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I was your usual silly person. Parents and family didn't observe any Sikh ways other than attend Gurdwara here and there. I was never taught anything to do with Sikhi so one day as I was going through some music on my computer I found a Shabad 'Bohut Janam Bichhre The Madho' by Dhan Bhagat Ravidass Ji. The words just began making sense to me and tears began falling from my eyes just hearing how Mahraaj was pleading with God that he had forsaken him in his past births but this one he would dedicate to him. Anyway...i began doing Path and Ishnaan in the mornings i didn't need any alarm clock as if by the will of God I would get up at 4am naturally. My family were shocked and wondered why I had turned to Religion. I began talking about Gurbani and they were surprised by how my Panajabi and sumaj [understanding was improved]

They'd ask me things and they'd call me Sant/Giani and the words of Gurbani and discourses would flow from my mouth this in turn encouraged my mother to take Amrit. Although my dad would say 'Why are you listenng to a Chamar' I'd roll my eyes and look angrily and say have you not learned anything? there is no caste be it the Bani of the Gurus or Bhagats, when they were added to the SHri Guru Granth Sahib all jaat [castes] vanished. When we bow to the Bani, the Bhagats become the Gurus and vice verse meaning they are the one and same.

Anyway when I'm down and I think about one line 'Jis Nu Toon Janiye Soi Jan Jane' TO WHOM YOU GIVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE SHALL ALONE KNOWLEDGE YOU. This isn't egotistcal but reminding me that when the Lord showers them with that same Gian they'll understand how sweet is the Lord' :D

Guru Fateh

I used to study in a Catholic school even though I was born into a Sikh family. I then went to Hazoor Sahib and Darbar Sahib in India in 2007, in the following years I researched as much as I could about Sikhi. Bhindranwale and other mahapurakhs from vartman and puratan sames were great inspirations and now I am an anritdhari Sikh.

Guest dasguruka

My story is really unique and I think its a tad bit inspiring too but I wont share it on here because its a bit personal aswell . However, if someone really wants to get inspired and is doubting or just needs a little push to get into Sikhi then just message me and ill be glad to share it. Sorta breaks my heart cause I cant share it everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Background

I was born in lower middle class family, father used to drink a lot, finishing most of his income, mother was a great housewife, even in such situation managed to bring up five of us, i was the youngest. So, my life was just like any other kid, playing games, have fun etc. Until the age of 14, i knew very little abt Sikhi. This changed gradually when my elder took Amrit. I dunno wat inspire him, but the day of the amrit Sanchar, he walked around 4miles to the Gurdwara Sahib cause his bicycle broke down on the way. My brother then started doin Satsang n use to take me with him for Rehrass prog. He started reading Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s jeewan n use to convey what he read to the local Naujawans during the deewan. He was the only amritdhari in the family. I got inspired a little and Guruji started to guide me. Use to follow my brother in law to do seva in a local Gurdwara. But at this time, i still use to eat meat and didn’t know Gurmukhi. My brother inspired my mother n they use to do Nitnem together. I still remember when i was half awake sleeping i use to hear beautiful Gurbani n especially Anand Sahib the 30+ Pauris.

The change

The change came gradually, inspired by my brother and when i got to know a Singh that my brother used to meet. He was from Damdami Taksal n had a lot of knowledge. I was 19 then. One day before going overseas for practical training of my studies (i got a scholarship from a major company) after listening to the Singh in a camp, i decided to start practising Sikhi, i stop eating meat n started doin nitnem from a Romanised Gutka while listening to the audio Nitnem recording. The next time i came back i learned the 35 alphabet of Gurmukhi n their sounds from the Singh. Then went back for practical n use to spend a lot of time learn Gurmukhi, started reading simple Sakhis n the more advance books on Sikhism.

After one year, got an opportunity to go to Punjab with the same Singh, went to many historical Gurdwaras n had the blessing of Amrit at Damdami Taksal, Mehta. This was the most beautiful moment of my life.

Sangat of Mahapurkh

After one year, Baba Thakur Singh came to our town, went over to settle some immigration issues for Babaji’s stay. Babaji was having his Ishnaan, i just stood at a side, after ishnaan Singhs was massaging Babaji’s body, at that moment i was just thinking in my mind that those Singhs are so blessed that they r doin seva of a Brahm Giani, n i would be so lucky if i’ve got the opportunity. As i was thinking Babaji called me and ask a Singh to step aside, told me to do the seva, i was so amazed of Babaji anterjamta. Had a great time of having Babaji’s sangat. I can stil can remember those days spend wif Babaji n Singhs was like living in Sachkhand, wat a great aura around Babaji, those who did Babaji’s darshan certainly felt it.

Another time when i was finishing my studies, Babaji with Jatha came for a day where i was studying. Finals were starting next day (the toughest paper of all was on the next day), i decided to go and meet Babaji even though there were a lot of studies to be done (i’m kind of last minute guy). Babaji asked about studies n asked me to follow them to a Singh’s house, i got worried as i’ve not prepared for the exam the next day as it was getting late in the afternoon. Followed Babaji n had Langgar that Babaji serve themselves, n before going back, Babaji gave a lot of blessings n like a current flowing inside the body the feeling was extra ordinary. Was feeling like a ‘mast’ after tht, the worries of exam disappeared n the next day when i sat for the exam, many won’t believe but i was holding the pen but it was moving on its own!, i was confused myself not understanding wat’s happening. I finished the paper in half the time n saw other were still struggling. After marking the papers, my lecturer called me n told that i did perfect for that paper n he was surprised as he knew that i was not capable of achieving that. My friend that was smarter than i that i used to learn from failed that paper n had to re-sit for it.

Santhiya

Before looking for a job, started doin Santhiya of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji from the Singh, followed him back to Punjab n continued Santhiya n did Yatra. During that time use to do Santhiya early morning n repeat it on my own twice a day. At that time i became so engrossed in Gurbani. One early morning i had the Darshan of Guru Arjun Sahibji in my dream, really cant explain the kautak but it was just miraculous. Also got to know my past life and many wonderful things happened.

Nitnem

From there onwards, got so much motivated that started doin more Japji Sahibs along with basic Nitnem. Use to do ten Japji Sahibs and Sehaj Paths. Got a job that required daily travelling, started listening to Katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Sant Giani Gurbachan Singhji in the car. Continued for two years and completed the Katha. Well for those who wish to obtain gyan n have all their questions answered listen to the Katha. After few years started doin 25 Japji Sahibs along with Sukhmani Sahib n then added Asa Dhi Vaar in the morning. The greatest moment was when one day after morning Nitnem, was having a nap in half conscious state, saw Baba Thakur Singh, i was so happy at that time as this was few years after Babaji went to Sachkhand, Babaji hugged me and ask me to follow them, without thinking i agreed saying ‘chaloji’. At that moment Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji apperared and told Baba Thakur Singh that this singh has done a lot of paap (sins) in the past lives, how can we take him?, Santji after some time said nevermind we do ardass in Guruji’s hejuri, i remembered Santji stood before Guru Granth Sahib Ji and did ardass for me n read Hukumnama. Then Baba Thakur Singhji told smiling that not now. That was the happiest day of my life as i knew my past sins has been pardoned, thanks to Mahapurkhs.

Had opportunity to do Sangat of Baba Santokh Singh ji Joti Saroop. Had many amazing moments with Babaji as well.

Sikhism

Sikhi has given me everything, i can’t be thankful enough. Guruji has granted every single thing i ever wanted. The path of Sikhi is full of ups and downs, i have gone thru many, failing tests of Gursikhi (ya.....Guruji do tests every Sikh) but i know that was for me to remain low as ego just take seconds to destroy many years of Kemayee. Whatever it is i know Guruji did it for the best. Only thing now is that i can leave this world as a Gursikh and wif Guruji’s kirpa be useful to Sikh Panth, pls do Ardass for me to achieve this.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Fateh Khalse Ki.

• 3 weeks later...