Khalsa

Guru Gobind Singh Ji always kept a gun with him. Sikhs used guns in 18th century. Sikhs used guns in WW1 and WW2. Why can't we use them to fight now? If you guys want to fight Sikhs who keep guns then go join indian army, come face to face with Sikhs and let the time speak for itself. I can't wait to see if you have any guts. Guru Ji refused to give His darshan to whoever was not shashtardhari. So you need to explore Sikhi first. When I look at that kid I see Sahibzadas of Guru Ji ready to fight for freedom. The kid in the picture is a true Sikh. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

123649[/snapback]

Times were bad those period. So it was justified. Times are not bad now atleast not in abroad to carry a gun.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This picture was posted before a while ago and everyone had a fit.

This picture is being taken out of context. This picture is from the 1980s maybe early 90s when the struggle in punjab was at its height. The kid's parents or family most likely was tortured and killed by punjab police or security forces. The picture represents the spirit of sikhi which is to fight oppression. For all the apalled sikhs, please read up on the events of those days before displaying your ignorance.

Also, the punjab police killed little babies and claimed bounty money from the Gov't saying they killed hard-core terrorists, so what is appalling about this picture? And about columbine, those were kids who went on a rampage cause some athletes in their school(jocks) thought they were dorks and nerds so they took it out on their fellow schoolmates, this picture is about sikhs fighting for their dignity, so keep your ignorant western examples out of it, compare apples to apples not apples to plums.

fateh!

About two years ago I used to hang out at an UK Asian message board. A Pakistani posted a photograph of a four year old Muslim kid dressed up as a suicide bomber in the clothes and colours of Hamas. Every single Muslim on the board said how cute it was and how wonderful it was. MashAllah that boy is so beautiful they all said. I told them that with a mentality like this it is dangerous - if you dont think this is wrong then you have a perspective completely out of whack to look at a picture of a child dressed up as a suicide bomber and not be horrified.

Two years later they are cheering their brothers blowing themselves up on the London Underground and killing and slaughtering innocent people because of their demented extremism and hatred.

I understand it is not comparable in strict terms. But the image it gives and the message it gives is not good.

I totally understand that the photograph was probably taken at a time of great stress and conflict and trauma for the Sikhs. But that does not mean we have to fetishise it and cheer it now. It does not mean we have to celebrate it now.

This picture is being taken out of context.  This picture is from the 1980s maybe early 90s when the struggle in punjab was at its height.  The kid's parents or family most likely was tortured and killed by punjab police or security forces.  The picture represents the spirit of sikhi which is to fight oppression.  For all the apalled sikhs, please read up on the events of those days before displaying your ignorance.

Also, the punjab police killed little babies and claimed bounty money from the Gov't saying they killed hard-core terrorists, so what is appalling about this picture?  And about columbine, those were kids who went on a rampage cause some athletes in their school(jocks) thought they were dorks and nerds so they took it out on their fellow schoolmates, this picture is about sikhs fighting for their dignity, so keep your ignorant western examples out of it, compare apples to apples not apples to plums.

fateh!

123717[/snapback]

:) :doh: :doh: great reply

This picture is being taken out of context. This picture is from the 1980s maybe early 90s when the struggle in punjab was at its height. The kid's parents or family most likely was tortured and killed by punjab police or security forces. The picture represents the spirit of sikhi which is to fight oppression. For all the apalled sikhs, please read up on the events of those days before displaying your ignorance.

Yes and todays sikh kids will never have guns with them.

And about columbine, those were kids who went on a rampage cause some athletes in their school(jocks) thought they were dorks and nerds so they took it out on their fellow schoolmates, this picture is about sikhs fighting for their dignity, so keep your ignorant western examples out of it, compare apples to apples not apples to plums.

Not about apples or plums, about kids with guns. Its not a good sight, where u can say aw^50

first off if you read bani .. dasam bani of guru gobind singh ji it doesnt say anything about that a SIKh should have a shastyr and specifically saying it CAN be or MUSt be a gun ..

Perhaps you can explain to me the meanings of the following verses.

nmo juD juDy

nmo ssqR pwxy

ibnw qyg kysM idvo nw iddwry [

ssqRn ky ADIn hY rwj [

There are many more verses in Guru Granth Sahib Ji that talk about fighting for faith. You cannot fight without weapons, can you? If Gurbani is against keeping weapons then was Baba Banda Singh Ji wrong? Was Sant Jarnail Singh Ji wrong?

ya .. its modern now .. kirpans dont work .. guns work now .. but we hand a 4 year old kid a gun to let himself make his own vision of what he should do wit the gun !? THIS is how wars start .. THISSSSS is the base of all problems..

Of course, I understand singh ji. But in my opinion a pen is more dangerous than a gun. Guru Nanak Dev Ji used His words to kill the barbaric thinking and He ripped apart the caste system. Guru Gobind Singh Ji used His pen to kill Aurangzeb. Guru Ji’s words still give us lot of power. One bullet kills one person but one pen can kill thousands. One book written against Sikhi will hurt lot more people than one machine gun. Physical wounds heal over time but emotional wounds stay forever. My point is that pen is more powerful. Now shouldn’t we be very careful when we hand a pen to a child to teach him how to write? If we can teach a child how to use the pen then we can teach him how to use a gun as well. 9 years old son of Bhai Bijay Singh was an excellent shooter in 18th century. Bhai Arvinderjit Singh Goldi joined the Khalistani movement when he was 12 and never in his life did he ever hurt an innocent person. So the problem is not handing someone a gun but not teaching them how to use it.

Times were bad those period. So it was justified. Times are not bad now atleast not in abroad to carry a gun.

Time is still bad and if it is not then it may get bad or even worse. Guru Ji gave us Kirpan not for limited period of time. Carrying or keeping a gun is legal in western countries so it is not wrong in any way. Keeping arms for self-defense and to fight for truth is always justified in Sikhi no matter what. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Following picture is of Bhai Arvinderjit Singh Ji Goldi.

post-1107-1128368997.jpg

Time is still bad and if it is not then it may get bad or even worse. Guru Ji gave us Kirpan not for limited period of time. Carrying or keeping a gun is legal in western countries so it is not wrong in any way. Keeping arms for self-defense and to fight for truth is always justified in Sikhi no matter what.

It is legal in US to carry guns, but look our own sikh taxi drivers got killed because of

hate-crimes. Do you want it to be legal?

You dont need guns to carry with you in streets, superstores, etc. If you carry guns around, you will be a threat to society, people will not want you in that country.

Very True. I know Canadians in their right mind, definately dont want any one carrying around guns in their country... and then say its their religion. (they wont even want to know what is sikhism, before they judge you as fanatical terrorists)

haha, imagine murderers will want to convert right away! and defend their murders by saying it was self defense... haha... (or get declared insane)

Forget about trying to diminish the prejustices that people have of "terrorist-sikhs"... by advocating that wearing a gun is good.

My father is an average canadian guy... but he thinks ive joined some type of terrorist organization, or become some gangster girl... since i wear kirpan. I cant imagine what he would say if i started to wear a gun. And forget about trying to explain the gun to your immigration officer... for those who apply... its true... they wont want you in canada.

There is a difference between a knife and a gun. If someone kills someone with a knife, you know it was intentional... because it takes a lot more physical effort, compared to just pulling a trigger of a gun.

There are some kids that play "cops and robbers" all the time... what happens when a kid decides to check out "daddy's real gun" and play around with it... only to discover it was loaded and 6 year old sally is laying on the floor dead in a pool of blood.

Do you want your kids to play with guns and pretend to shoot eachother and maybe it was loaded and they die out of accident? Dying with a knife doesnt happen by accident... dying from a bullet does happen by accident a lot...

anyway... thanx for reading my rant

I know bijla singh, he's more weaponary singh and more pen-ery singh :e:.. we always have different views on this.. but still good friends :TH: ..

i am against guns or NRA or stuff like that.. but at the same time, weapons are required to maintain peace/order but that's what police are for. Trust is another thing. In western countries we can trust police because majority of them do uphold justice and always protects the needy ones. In india the situation is different and we all know that we can't trust indian police for anything but that doesn't mean we should give guns to everyone. Only adults should keep guns in safe away from children and use it when its really necessary for your own protection. Taking pictures of guns shouldn't be encouraged at all. There should be no pride in having gun but keep for your saftey and that depends on which enviornment you lives in. Regarding the kid with gun, i do not disagree with that because that situation was different and everything was upside down and that's PP to blame. But if a 7 yrs old kid holding the gun and taking picture at this time is certainly wrong no matter where it is. Need to have spiritual giyan first and then the weaponary skills come afterward ! anyway.. sorry enough of my blah blahs tongue.gif sorry for wasting ur time.. In end, weapons are shaastars in our religion but there should be age limit because of the maturity level !

I agree, although I don't know how old this kid is, maybe he is mature.

I wander if it is wrong to teach a child of his age to use a gun in India today. India even today is not safe and anything can happen at anytime, let's not deny that much.

To cheer a child holding a gun for self denfence is very different to cheering a kid dressed as a suicide bomber.

One kills innocent people and the other fights for their safety.

I have come across some children his age who are actually very mature for their age and understand when the gun is to be used. All from India, maybe because that is the environment they have been brought up in with relatives fighting for a separate state or because their family has been tortured by police. So kid may be reasonably mature.

About cheering him on. Seems wrong but can't deny that Guru Ji wants us to always be ready, we cant even compare ourselves to the the 4 Sahibbzaade but still I will say that at such a young age they were learning to fight.

Maybe picture of kid with a gun in India is equivalent to kid in West with a Sri Sahib?

But I see a shine of sikhi on that kids face so regardless he does look very cute...