Darbar Hall To Become Party Hall!

sewa1111

We need your help. I have seen Gursikhs on this forum sort out a few situations where bayadbi of Guru Maharaj was taking place. I have to expose the activities of Ramgahia Gurdwara, Neville Road, Forest Gate, London to the Sadh Sangat with the hope that together we can make this committee think about its actions.

The Committee of this Gurdwara are unaware of what their role is towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Recently they have opened a new Gurdwara, however over the last few years activities have been conducted from the Committee Centre also situated on Neville Road, Forest Gate, East London.

I live in East London but hardly visit Neville Road Community Centre because the Gurdwara is simply a marriage machine. Every weekend the Community Centre is booked to perform weddings.

We were not aware of the actual state of the Community Centre until we were informed by a local member of the Sangat that the Community Centre has been neglected to such an extent that there were 14 Saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji on a shelf in the Sachkhand.

A couple of us visited the Sachkhand for the first time and couldn’t believe what we saw. 14 saroops of Maharaj on a shelf, rumallas & manji sahibs thrown on the floor, there were layers of dust and filth everywhere in the sachkhand. The pictures below show how bad a state the Sachkhand was in. Altogether the Community Centre houses 47 saroops of Guru Maharaj.

post-4019-1129582168_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1129582241_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1129582318_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1129582347_thumb.jpg

post-4019-1129582441_thumb.jpg

We couldn’t believe that things could be so bad. The Community Centre makes so much money with weddings and programmes and is not able to even keep the Sachkhand in a decent state. This was very disheartening to see and showed that the Ramgarhia Gurdwara committee were not worthy of their positions.

We took it upon ourselves to place another bed in the sachkhand in order to remove the 14 saroops of the shelf. It took a whole day to tidy the sachkhand from taking Maharaj of the shelf, re-clothing Maharaj and neatly staking rumallas. After this there was still enough space for many more rummallas to be stored there.

The sachkhand ended up in that state because Granthis/Sewadars could not be bothered to stack rummallas properly and the Committee thought that Guruji doesn’t deserve a bed and instead put a shelf in the sachkhand.

Recently the new Gurdwara has been opened further down Neville Road and the committee want to make the old Community Centre into a reception and party hall.

Theywant to only take 7 Saroops from the Committee Centre to the new Gurdwara and will leave the other 40 Saroops at the Community Centre. Worst still they wish to get rid of these 40 saroops and are offering them to anyone who is willing to take a saroop home as a quick fix.

The want to keep the darbar sahib at the Community centre as a convenient set up to cover for overbookings at the Gurdwara.

They are not willing to say what kind of functions will happen at this hall only makes us think that they will do the same as other Gurdwaras and allow meat & alcohol on the premises of the Centre.

Worst still they want to bring Guruji into this centre to cover for overbookngs. Isn’t this the same as taking Maharaj to a hotel where meat & alcohol is served?

We don’t know what to do now, the committee are not telling us anything: They don’t think they are answerable to the local sangat. The committee are responsible for all 47 saroops and cannot have a darbar sahib in a reception hall! They cannot just wash their hands of all these saroops and nor can they think that it is not a problem to have a darbar sahib in a reception hall.

None is listening to us….the Pardhan’s name is Mughar Singh Hunjan and his tel: 020 8514 6588

Ramgarhia Sikh Gurdwara, 10-14 Neville Road, Forest Gate, London E7 9SQ. Tel: 020 8471 0335

Ramgarhia Community Centre, 270 Neville Road, East London. Tel: 0208 471 9506

Please help us.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theywant to only take 7 Saroops from the Committee Centre to the new Gurdwara and will leave the other 40 Saroops at the Community Centre. Worst still they wish to get rid of these 40 saroops and are offering them to anyone who is willing to take a saroop home as a quick fix.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Does this committee think it can pick and choose what saroops to take and what to hand out?

This is sad, all saroops are the same. Guruji lives in a Gurdwara, what right does a committee have to make 40 saroops homeless. We must make the committee take all Saroops to the new Gurdwara.

Secondly about the make shift darbar hall, Sewa1111 you are absolutely right, as far as I can see this is against the Akal Takht Hukamnama because Ramgarhia Committee want the communit centre's prime purpose to be a reception hall. This darbar sahib cannot stay!

Ramgarhia Committee have to decide if the want a darbar sahib then the community Centre remains a Gurdwara. They cant have the best of both worlds...seriously a sad state of affairs. no.gif

I will ring the Gurdwara today...please Sangat Ji put the pressure on these people. How can a committee, who are in place because of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, have no understanding of what they are supposed to do!

I have found out there is a committee election this weekend (23rd Oct).

This committee have hardly changed over the last 20 years. Then 2 weeks after the 23rd they will change the community centre into a reception hall. I was shown the diary of the Gurdwara and the hall is already booked till 2007! I tried my best to read the functions before the diary was taken away and I saw things like birthday functions etc. I dont wish to criticise our community but no party is complete without the added extra alcohol.

The committee will pass the resolution to allow alcohol on as soon as the elections are finished.

One sewadar said that the new Gurdwara doesnt have space for 40 Saroops. I have personally visited the new Gurdwara. They havent even thought about Guruji when designing this Gurdwara (believe me it looks more like a banqueting hall, and thats no joke). However there is enough spaces but the Gurdwara will have to have 2 sachkhands.

I have met brick walls in everything I have tried to do. Sangat ji please help!

The Community Centre is a meeting place for many old Sikhs. They too are disguisted with what will happen. Also they will not beable to meet at the Centre anymore.

This whole set up is a business and the committee are trying to maximise monies.

Sangat ji please help for Guruji's sake. This cannot be allowed to continue.

We all need to get together and kick out this committee these people are fools they have no right to run Gurdware and just here to make money and sell sikhi !!!

We all need to support the local singh from East London and show the committee that we will not stand for this, So please call up the Gurdwara and try to attend the committee meeting and tell them what you think.

If we let this committee and anyone else that disrespects sikhi get away with this sort of stuff we should not call our self sikhs.