Amrit...

Guest .

Umm this is a very stupid qn i know, but if u wear a dastaar and are going to take amrit, do the punj pyarai put amrit in r dastaar, or do have to open the dastaar to get the amrit in your kes?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you take amrit, they make your kes visible, so they will move the dastaar cloth on one side so that the amrit can be poured in your kes on your head. If you're a singh, you will also be asked to come in your kashehra (no pants), so its always a good idea to come in a chola or a kurta pajama.

Well kachehra is one of the 5 kakaars, I thought you knew, but you just worded it wrong :nihungsmile:

Apart from that make sure you don't tie a nihung dumaala, lol. And when you've tied your dastaar, make sure you can open one side so that your kes are visible.

Mainly, you have to take kesi ishnaan (take a shower, including your hair), wear new bustur (clothes) or washed/clean ones if you don't have new ones. And I was told if I need to use the washroom, do it before taking your shower, but the main thing is succhamta (purity).

Bhul chuk muaf.