Help Me Out

sahib singh

what gurdwara should i go to??? I AM GOING TO VANCOUVER FOR A WEEK AND I DONT KNOW WHAT GURDWARA TO GO TO.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

TELL ME ONE OF THE ONE'S I HAVE LISTED BELOW!

GURDWARA ROSS ST

DASMESH DARBAR

AKALI SINGH GURDWARA

GURU NANAK SIKH TEMPLE DELTA

NANAKSAR GURSIKH TEMPLE RICHMOND BC

OR GURDWARA AMRIT PARKASH.

IF YOU HAVE A PIC OF ONE OF THESE GURDWARA'S PLEASE PUT IT UP.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what gurdwara should i go to??? I AM GOING TO VANCOUVER FOR A WEEK AND I DONT KNOW WHAT GURDWARA TO GO TO.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

TELL ME ONE OF THE ONE'S I HAVE LISTED BELOW!

GURDWARA ROSS ST

DASMESH DARBAR

AKALI SINGH GURDWARA

GURU NANAK SIKH TEMPLE DELTA

NANAKSAR GURSIKH TEMPLE RICHMOND BC

OR GURDWARA AMRIT PARKASH.

IF YOU HAVE A PIC OF ONE OF THESE GURDWARA'S PLEASE PUT IT UP.

127260[/snapback]

Its not so much the gurdwara that matters, but the intent one goes there with. If ones goes with a earnest effort to sit amongt saadh sangat and learn something useful from the teachings of Gurbani than nearly all gurdwaras have something to offer. But if one goes with a preconceived judgment already made in their mind and a goal to criticize and find faults then in that case no gurdwara will fully satisfy ones mind.

I am from the vancouver area, and have attended all listed gurdwaras at one time or another. Each has certain qualities about it which are positive, and each also has qualities which are negative. However, overall, i would recommend going to Akali Singh Gurdwara in Vancouver, or Singh Sabha Gurdwara in Surrey as from recent experience ive found that these two usualy have excellent balance of good kirtani jathas and kathavachaks with minimal announcemnts of social or political nature. Gyani Jasbir Singh at Akali Singh Gurdwara is amongst the finest granthis in any gurdwara here in BC, and does daily katha about various gurbani topics in the evenings, and twice on the weekends.

If time permits, ohters gurdwaras u may wish to visit are Dasmesh Darbar and Guru Nanak Sikh Temple, both in surrey.

Enjoy ur visit to Vancouver!

Fateh

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH

GO TO DASMESH DARBAR!!!

There is Kirtan happeing there ALL DAY LONG, instead of morning, noon, and evening programs...LOT'S of Sangat.

The reason i would suggest Dasmesh Darbar or Singh Sabha is because they follow the Akal Takht Hukamnama about eating Langar on the ground.

Ross Street, Nanaksar, Guru Nanak Sikh Temple, and Akali Singh DO NOT follow this Hukamnama, and have openly decided to against the Akal Takht Hukamnama, and have Langar served on tables and chairs, where people eat with shoes on.

If you don't have much time, go to Dasmesh Darbar (12885 85th Ave), because there is Kirtan, Katha, and Dhadi going on in the Darbar non-stop from about 4:30am upto about 9pm. (and if you are there in the evening, check out Sukh-Assan Seva...it's pretty cool how theres so much Sangat there on any given night, and the Singhs are banging on the Dholki, and kids are doing Jakarays etc...)

I know from personal experience that some of the other Gurudwaras only have like 5-10 people in Sangat max at Sukh-Assan time.

but I must say one thing: EVERY GURUDWARA IS WONDERFUL BECAUSE YOU CAN HAVE DARSHAN OF GURU MAHARAJ!!!

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH

every gurdwara is worth going to..

i went to gurdwara amrit parkash about a year ago...and thought it was amazing...it was pretty small...and we had one session there during a samagam...it waas hard to fit all the sangataan...but it was a really cool atmosphere....