Sikh Girls Going Out With Muslims

Guest militant singh

Sat Sri Akal:

Tune in tommorrow to our talk show where we will discuss Sikhs who have affairs with their internet connection:

x Singh (Pseudoname): I just couldn't help it. With all that Sangat on Sikhsangat, what is a man to do...I have a weakness for eSangat...I have a need to be with my digital Gursikhs...I know, I am a bad man...

...sobbing for 2 minutes with the crowd aawing... :'(

ohmy.gif

We should not outcast people who have drifted away from Sikhism because in 90% cases they were never taught about Sikhism in the first place. Parents were more interested in making money and Gurdwaras concentrate more on buildings than teaching.

We need to introduce youth classes where kids can get understanding of their religion and proud history.

I think a few people have hit the nail on the head with the question of "who are we calling Sikh?"

I would be bothered also by sikh men/women throwing away so much before giving it a chance. However, I have to ask if part of the reason is my upbringing around a caste/race ridden culture.

We all agree that being born in a non-sikh family does not make one who adopts sikhi any less sikh. Then why is that someone who drops sikhi is still considered somewhat sikh? One word... "caste" (of course sometimes more complex, but to make this point, one word).

Someone actively turns their back on such an obvious notion such as kes is still sikh? Remember, the person does not just passively fail to wear a dastar, but for example, in the case of men, the person actively shaves daily and cuts their hair. A minute amount of intelligence would say it is impossible they are sikh. However we water down sacrifices on which sikhi was built, rather than expose the absurdity of the notion of mona-sikh.

For the purposes of this I am less sikh than anyone. There are monays "inclined toward" sikhi who I don't understand, but I learn from and respect. It is not what I am or you are that is necessarily defining. What is defining is the torture that our Guruji's and foreparents endured while meditating to provide a uniform to Sikhs as Akaal Purkh Ki Fauj

Brining this back to the current topic ... yes, we need to educate and give people a proper opportunity and also teach those who may have an inclination toward sikhi. However, we may also need to discard the race aspect of sikhi that we have a tendency toward. This leads us to corrupt who we call a sikh.

We are far too slow in learning from and with non-punjabi sikhs. If we can spend energy on punjabi adults who make choices away from sikhi, we should spend some energy on reaching out to those of any race who see beauty in the Khalsa? Many are becoming their own branch partly because of culture and leadership, but also largely because of our punjabi racism.

on a localised level ie. colleges, neighbourhoods, universities only help those who want to be helped. Most (girls n guys alike) are a lost cause because out of their ignorance they'll accuse you of being an extremist or preacher.

whats worst is these ignorant people tend to 'attack' people who are into their Sikhi in many ways...

despite the dominant appearance of our people there still are alot of people who are decent but are more gupt ie. don't hang around uni's, colleges till late, never really go to gigs etc...

well ... i think girls and guys!! are messed huna.. who wear kara khandas go around acting all hard and "sikh" when they mashed up

these ppl need peer pressure form sangat .. to go gurdwara and have classes !!

do ardas to maharaj

.. as we cnt have sikhi die out huna

but mst importantly concentrate on ureself huna

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

WJKK WJKF

To these kinds of gyals, the Khalsa means their Arab bf's.

If they feel that these muslims love them, we'll see. We'll see when they have to have the NHS pay for their own abortion; we'll see when their fathers won't look at them the same. We'll see then what love means.

It's a matter of time before they realize. Unfortunately in many cases, it’s already too late for them.

wjkk wjkf pray.gif

:) This is really heart braking but there are LOADS of amrtihdaree singhania who do folow rehat and dont go after maya/boys. this is quite a big issue. i think the only way of resolving it is by pyaar. we should talk to them and bring them into sikhi. dont just go up to them and tell them what they are doing wrong..obviously they will tell u where to get! lol. its true, they cant face the basic facts. i think they already know they are doing something wrong but they just can't stop this non sense. i started a new skool..and the goreh asked me what religion i was.. i said sikh..this hindu girl came up to me and goes..u dont look sikh.(i wear a dastar!) she also asked me if i go to parties and that. then she said sikhs are known to drink and have the best weddings!.. i was thinking i shudnt b ashamed of being a sikh! but when she said that..i felt ashamed and embarrased that my brothers and sisters were out ther giving sikhi a bad name! they dont know the meaning of being a sikh. grin.gif

bhull chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf pray.gif

In todays world its all about image. Image is more important than substance to a person's being thats how shallow things are right now.

Most asian girls whether they are hindu/sikh/muslim look at guys and judge them on their looks, how "buff" they are or how "fit" they look. With their hairstyle, their clothes their gangsta attitude. And you see our guys to catch the attention of girls, cutting their hair and trying to conform to the image that girls find "buff".

If we want to counter this we have to make being Khalsa Sikhs something someone strives for, make it cool to be one. But in western society it is very hard to do that especially with all kinds of pressures to conform to mainstream wider western society.

If you have email or msn addresses of girls who slag about talk to them, debate with them and reason with them. The best we can do is raise awareness wot is means to be Sikh to these misguided people and if they chose to ignore the advice then on their heads be it.... their familes have a right to know what their daughters are getting upto.