Sikh Girls Going Out With Muslims

Guest militant singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

sangat ji! i really think that we all care about what is happening with our sisters and brothers out there... (and no, they shouldnt really be called sikhs...) but seriously, in my opinion we should look at people's personalities first and then deciede if we should try to teach him/her/them. because once we know that the person is willing to listen and understand, then we can talk and no problem..at least they would listen! and if we know that a certain person wont listen no matter what...then why even bother???

we all read every day in Gurbaani: "Moorakh Naal Na Loojeeai" [(Loo-Ji-A) as in short a sound..like n cat..] and this line of Gurbaani basically is telling us not to watse our precious time on some moorakh, and instead spend that time on doing paat(h)...or talking to people you know who would care and listen, and understand, and appreciate, and even better: FOLLOW!... :)

so if you know your breath is going to be wasted by talking to a moorakh, then dont even start...our breaths are really precious. the "moorakhs" will hopefully learn some day.

now a different problem is when a "so-called sikh" starts to say wrong things about sikhism...like how we are actually allowed to cut hair, smoke, etc., as long as we believe in God...

now thats just wrong...but again..just try sangat ji...it kind of works for me at my school...im the only sikh there and im a girl who wears a dastar...i get the rudest comments....and the stupidest questions asked on purpose by fools.. no.gif

keep it cool everyone!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

What seems to be your prerogative ? Sex or Faith wacko.gif

128242[/snapback]

theres no such thing as an extreamist in Sikhism u follow the rules or dont ,up 2 u im not paranoid im not an extreamist jus a concerned singh-who follows the truth states facts and no more stupid 'sikh' girls well mosta dem dont undastand our views which is of Khalistan ,and 2 follow tru sikhi not go out wid <admin-profanity filter activated> and do the opposite 2 what the guru taught us fight 4 ur freedom and try 2 do whats rite dats all i do State facts WJKKWJKF if any1's offended i apologise

128392[/snapback]

If girls arn't particularly interested in your politics or religious zeal, then the fault is hardly with them, more like with you by the sounds of it.

I persoanlly think that women were treated badly by the Taleban precisely because these men became so warped with their minds and religion, they couldnt think straight. Women were beaten, covered in Jilbabs and raped at will, treated like objects - You need to treat others as you would want them to treat you. (Forget the fundamentalist preachers who spread hate) calling them sluts is unfair and hurtful.

You say you can't be extremist in a religion, Yes mate - Its called D E N I A L.

Understand this my friend, if other people choose to drink, smoke, or go out with muslims, then that is none of our business. All you can do is set an example rather than preach.

The average Sikh guys in the 80’s that I used to go to college with were fit, strong. The had knotted iron for muscles, and were solid intellectually too. The people with sense (male or female), wanted to follow this example.

Nowadays, you see geeky skinny guys who pass themselves off as Sikhs. Ask yourself, what kind of example is this? Would you wish to follow this example. Our Guru’s preached the balance between the Spiritual and the Temporal, (call it the mind and the body in this example). We ourselves must set ourselves out to be example’s that people can follow. Unshakable in our faith, yet people who anyone with a bit of common sense would aspire to emulate.

My advice, forge your minds into intellectual spears, that are sharp and penetrate straight to the truth, and forge your bodies into steel, that can be ready to stand up to anyone!

Hey bro.. You seem to compare SIkhs with Taliban.

a) we dont make them wear hijab/jilbab wotever

b) beaten/raped at will?? nah not us

c) treated like objects.. nope

Maybe you're right, the only reason was that they were so wrapped in their Islam faith that states that men are higher than women. THe Fact is, our Gurus say "why say bad things abt women, form whome kings are born?" So if we so wrapped up in our Faith, we wont react the same way as Muslims??

We are not dising women generaly, we are pointing out there are a fraction who let us down. Same with MALES!!! Its just this topic talks about the Gals.. makes sense :)

Nowadays, you see geeky skinny guys who pass themselves off as Sikhs. Ask yourself, what kind of example is this? Would you wish to follow this example. Our Guru’s preached the balance between the Spiritual and the Temporal, (call it the mind and the body in this example). We ourselves must set ourselves out to be example’s that people can follow. Unshakable in our faith, yet people who anyone with a bit of common sense would aspire to emulate.

My advice, forge your minds into intellectual spears, that are sharp and penetrate straight to the truth, and forge your bodies into steel, that can be ready to stand up to anyone!

128479[/snapback]

SO damn true!!!!

Hey bro.. You seem to compare SIkhs with Taliban.

a) we dont make them wear hijab/jilbab wotever

b) beaten/raped at will?? nah not us

c) treated like objects.. nope

Maybe you're right, the only reason was that they were so wrapped in their Islam faith that states that men are higher than women. THe Fact is, our Gurus say "why say bad things abt women, form whome kings are born?" So if we so wrapped up in our Faith, we wont react the same way as Muslims??

We are not dising women generaly, we are pointing out there are a fraction who let us down. Same with MALES!!! Its just this topic talks about the Gals.. makes sense :)

128481[/snapback]

The Taleban were fortunately stopped by a harder force greater than themselves, ie the US military

Had you been given free reign to to the same you'd be heading in the same direction.

Luckily, you live in countries where free speech/tolerance is allowed and womens rights are protected, maybe you should still respect these women even if they dont fancy you for whatever reasons which may well be too numerous to list here, and perhaps concentrate your prayers away from women or other people on to the more 'sublime'