Sign in to follow this  
Jeevan

British Tv Bbc2 Documentary

Indira Gandhi

Tue 25 Oct, 11:20 pm - 12:40 am 80mins

For nearly two decades Indira Gandhi led the world's largest democracy. She was adored by the masses - 20 years after her assassination, she was voted Woman of the Millennium.

And yet she was also corrupted by power, and finally killed by those she trusted most - her own bodyguards. In this documentary profile, her story unfolds like a Greek tragedy: an epic saga of betrayal and dynasty, family feuds and untimely deaths.

Drawing on personal letters and previously unseen archive, the film unravels the mystery of this revered, yet flawed stateswoman. [AD,S]

Subtitles Stereo Widescreen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/progr...0_4224_41654_80

i haf a tiny feelin this will be another anti sant documentary.

i hafnt judged it yt, atheist... i am gessing from past experience of the bbc grin.gif

oh its a repeats, i know this.

the documentry is in 4 parts, mark tully will say bhinderanwale never smiled,

i thought it was a good documentary personally because it showed the inside of darbar sahib and bhai gurkeerat singh was doing keertan as they showed a clip of sant ji walking. but yes tully says bhinderanwale was miserable. it was interesting how indira was brought up etc.

this has been on before, they compare her to durga here also.

gustaphi maaf

I hope its not one of them asian network Mr Nagra produced <admin-profanity filter activated> / brown nose efforts where they try and suck up to everyone to try and get a Pravasi Bharatiya Divas award.

this is another indian stunt in BBC. the BBC is very much filled with indians. Last year they were propagandizing about bluestar and now as we remember those killed in Delhi, they are trying to take the world's attantion away.

actually after watching that programme kind of got me thinking.

when it comes to khalistan, i tend not to get in this because is whey to political for me, so please excuse me if i am saying anything wrong.

firstly, i came across how bhinderanwale stayed in darbar sahib to do parchaar as well as he could get his point across. i think he swore to stay in the darbar sahib after longowal and co left and broke their promise?

anyhow, i also came across how darbar sahib was set to be attacked on vaisakhi 84, my question to sangat was wht was indira gandhis reason for attacking darbar sahib in the first place? did she not consider other ways of finding and getting bhinderanwale?

why did she not like him in the first place?

also, what does sangat make of khushwant singh?

notice how they said "delhi" had the riots and no other place.

they made indira look good, they also made her look very bad.

i thinks its up somewhere (the documentry)

gustaphi maaf

That Mark Tully sed unfortunately Bhindranwale wasn't inteligent...Wat the hell he on about? I say Sant Ji inteligent then him 4 sure.

Those others song makers jus made me larf they'll b lyk INDIRA JI ! Ma ar*se "JI".

IS THERE NO WAY OUT TO REPLY TO SUCH TYPE OF DOCUMENTARY PEACEFULLY AND UNDER THE LAWS

That Mark Tully sed unfortunately Bhindranwale wasn't inteligent...Wat the hell he on about? I say Sant Ji inteligent then him 4 sure.

Those others song makers jus made me larf they'll b lyk INDIRA JI ! Ma ar*se "JI".

128749[/snapback]

Actually you can tell a persons intelligence by looking at the number of languages they speak and their qualifications and not by how much unregulated religious claptrap they profess to know.

I did watch the documentary and unless you were around at the time as a journalist, then most of you who are probaby in your late teens won't really be qualified to judge or comment.

Your views would be based on zero experience, lets be honest about that.

Most firebrand clerics like Osama Bin Laden don't really know spirituality from their backsides, many muslim kids originally thought Osama was a champion, but we all know he's a d***head, sorry for those who support the likes of him, but such self appointed firebrand clerics use religion to further their undemocratic political agendas.

Mark Tully was and is a renowned journalist, he has the qualifications to prove it.

basically, I HATE BBC!

Sant jee was grim :) @ WHAT!

sant jee did years of bhagtee man and the dude hu did the song was high of paan so he can shut his big <admin-profanity filter activated> mouth

the reason why they attacked, kandola jee, was beacaause sikhs swore that they'd fight against pakistan if india gave them a seprate state of khalistan, hundreds of thousands of sikhs were slayed and we got nothing, instead the muslims got east/west pakistan and nehru blatenly just sed f*k you to the sikhs. sikhs demanded a seprate home state

Khalsa jee the sikhs wer used and thats why indira ataacked. sant jees morcha was gettin so powerful!

also in last nights documentry did they show the 37 other gurudwara that were attaked the 300000 sikhs that wer killed, what about all the singhs that gave their lives for india like shaheed bhagat singh and so on

they never looked at that!

sikhs are politically being slyed bro we need to do something and

Actually you can tell a persons intelligence by looking at the number of languages they speak and their qualifications and not by how much unregulated religious claptrap they profess to know.

I did watch the documentary and unless you were around at the time as a journalist, then most of you who are probaby in your late teens won't really be qualified to judge or comment.

Mark Tully was and is a renowned journalist, he has the qualifications to prove it.

quite interesting point.. obviously u NEED qualifications to show so much propaganda.

anyways.. im particularly concerned about this comment "clerics use religion to further their undemocratic political agendas." wot kinda undemocratic political agendas did sant ji have? He STATED: WE do not need khalistan, WE just need rights for Sikhs. but he ALSO stated "THe foundation of Khalistan will be put down the DAY indian army attack Harimandir Sahib"

If you knew the background history of Sikhs You'll understand a tiny bit better why Sant Ji had to go this far.

PS: stop comparing bin laden to him!! 1 side kills innocents the other preaches justice n freedom!

*just lyk to point out another of Sant Ji's quotes "If u want to bea hindu, be a true hindu, if you want to be a muslim, be a true muslim. If you want to be a sikh, be a true sikh".. he enver hated a religion, he hated TYRANNY

The likes of binladen say "be a muslim or go 2 hell"

See the difference?

To be fair to the BBC, they are a very very professional organistaion, most of you youngsters and lets face your kids by the sounds of it - I'm wasting my time.....

Look, inderpal, get your dates in order first. Get some history books from your library and it would correlate with the BBC.

People's emotions create overbias against actual historical fact.

From the BBC doc, the insurgency did not have the support of the people, they goaded the troops to attack to LATER get the sympathy vote.

Maybe I should have watched the football :)

Brains matter ?

You don't get more qualified than that, he's a PhD from Oxford.

20050829-manmohan-singh.jpg