West Midland's Sikhi Week!

WMSikhSoc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Khalistan_zindabaad

Taksaali Singh - NOT everyone can go to the Sikhs In The Square event on Sunday. Sedgley St has enough sangat on a Sunday, excluding those going to the event.

Yes it would be nice if everyone did jump on a coach and go, but because of their circumstances and other commitments -- they cant.

I think the carwash idea is good and as Khalistan_zindabaad said - please contact BOSS sevadars, who have helped organised the event.

Im not a big supporter of jathas or organisations, as many know, but the fact of the matter is, you go by truth is truth and give credit where its due.

Well done to the Singhs who done the Aston Talk today. It was wkd.

ps. photos available on ektaone

First off...

Taksali Paaji was well within his rights to ask, or even state that the event clashes.

Secondly... The event was not publicised weeks in advance, as SITS was... and I believe a request was made by the SITS sevadhaars to change the date of the car wash so that those Young Sikhs going to SITS could also attend if it was a day earlier (there is only one evening event on Saturday... could have been done in the day!)

Anyway, the date has not been changed, chalo, hope both events benifit hugely.

Anyway, respect to all those who have put in the effort - however, don't think of my paaji's initial mention of the car wash as an attack on BOSS or any other jatha, cos it wasn't and doesn't look like it is, he quite clearly mentioned he wishes the event to be a success.

Lastly... may I remind you, SIKHS IN THE SQUARE is not an event organised by a jathebandi, but in fact an event organised by Young Sikhs with a passion to promote Sikhi, Seek Justice and NEVERFORGET 84.

Supported by BOSS, SF UK, AKAAL PRODUCTIONS, UK Gurudwara Saahibs and the Sadhsangat!

Just had to say my two pence worth, as Mr Khalistan_Zindabaads post was way off tone!

Forgive me for my many mistakes.

WJKKWJKP!

Brothers Khalistan_Zindabaad and Nama Singh.

If you read my post properly and with eyes of love, rather than jumping at the chance of having a go, you would have seen that I clearly stated I'm happy that Sikhi Weeks have kicked off as I know they are a great source of inspiration to many. Also I stated that the Charity Car Wash idea is that of a great one. However, I did state that it could have been planned so that did not clash with the SITS event thats all! I not ONCE mentioned BOSS, whom i do know well as i liase with when organising Northern Sikhi Week and nor did i Bash ANY Jathebandi or Organistion. I merely stated the Sevadaars I.E Students of WM Sikh Societies just do a little forward planning OR clearly advertise when dates are proposed!

Sorry for the offence caused, it was never my intentions.

If u still got a problem then call me, im sure u've either got my number or can get it.

Satguroo Kirpaa Karae...

WJKKWJKP!

ps. Im pretty sure that the videos that are to be played at the event have been made by the sevadaars from Derby?? If BOSS have videos to contribute too then thats wicked... But so far Derby are leading the way in multimedia!! d_oh.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

anyhooooooooo  :umm: back to west midland's sikhi week, did anyone record the talk??? nama singh?  blush.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

130620[/snapback]

ahhhh you either knew i was there or you just know me too well!

yeh i recorded it but i could get shot for putting it up! its actually veryyy funny! the singhs done a wkd job! Got the message accross, in my opinion, perfectly.

Sometimes, unplanned is better than planned.

Its online but i will publish the link for you tomorrow :lol:

WJKKWJKP!

Brothers Khalistan_Zindabaad and Nama Singh.

If you read my post properly and with eyes of love, rather than jumping at the chance of having a go,

130618[/snapback]

Brother Taksaali Singh

I hope my post wasnt filled with any hate or anything. It wasnt meant to be like that and apologies, if my post came accross as so. Also, i wasnt saying you were attacking BOSS or anything. You have misread my post. I just think we have to accept the fact not every Sikh will come to events that have been organised. Obviously, the better the organisers are organised, the better the turnout. I just know people on Sunday will have other commitments they cant get out to. Gristee jeevan innit. Weddings, Akhand Paaths, etc etc and so i dont think the charity carwash is a bad idea. The two events are not really in the same category. If a rally was organised in Leeds or something for 1984 on the same day, then that'd be silly.

Dont take my words offensively. Its just a moorakh, thinking out aloud.

Maybe a solution to the 'clashing problem' is already there. The charity car wash (raisning money for the South Asia earthquake) starts from 9am. The very latest it will finish is 1pm.

To my knowledge the Sikhs in the Square event is from 1.30 - 4.30pm so im sure if people wish to attend both they can leave wolverhampton around 12pm and still make it on time?

So in reality they don't really clash that much

Also the reason the Charity Car Wash was organised for the Sunday as opposed the Saturday is simply because there is MUCH MORE SANGAT on the Sunday and thus the potential to raise more money for charity.

Hope this helps clear any misconceptions up?

PS: Remember as part of Sikhi Week the youth of Birmingham have organised a candle-lit rememberance in memory of the attrocities in India on Sikhs. This will be from 3.30pm to 7pm at Chamberlain Square in Birmingham City Centre.

BACK to today's events....

GURU'S LANGAR ON CAMPUS: 11am - 3pm

People from London, Nottingham, Leicester and the like will be attending, along with an estimated 3000 students all coming to experience the Sikh way of life, Guru Nanak Dev Ji style!

Also

FOOD FOR THE SOUL: 6pm - 8pm

Keertan in the Marquee afterwards... All are welcome to sample a little taster of Sikh Spirituality!!

BACK to today's events....

GURU'S LANGAR ON CAMPUS: 11am - 3pm

People from London, Nottingham, Leicester and the like will be attending, along with an estimated 3000 students all coming to experience the Sikh way of life, Guru Nanak Dev Ji style!

Also

FOOD FOR THE SOUL: 6pm - 8pm

Keertan in the Marquee afterwards... All are welcome to sample a little taster of Sikh Spirituality!!

Sounds amazing d_oh.gif

Will the event be recorded and available online?