Dehli Bombed!

gupt_paapi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep... I've checked it.. its true!

MAybe too earlyt to say but i haf a tiny feeling GOI is onvolved in this.. ..

129525[/snapback]

yeah ! The Indian Govt has a nasty habit of bombing cinema houses and its own cities occassionally. Weird...innit ?

yep... I've checked it.. its true!

MAybe too earlyt to say but i haf a tiny feeling GOI is onvolved in this.. ..

129525[/snapback]

yeah ! The Indian Govt has a nasty habit of bombing cinema houses and its own cities occassionally. Weird...innit ?

129530[/snapback]

Yeah weird <admin-profanity filter activated> khalistani response above.

<admin-cut> fanatics. people died instead of feeling sorry for them, started political war fare game.

Anyhow my condolences to those who have died...mostly women and children who were out window shopping. We live in a day and age where none can afford to slack w.r.t security.

Being paranoid does not seem all that bad in these times

BBC NEWS below - read last bit.

--

Deadly blasts hit Indian capital

At least 20 people have been killed and scores wounded in a series of suspected bomb blasts in India's capital, Delhi.

Two explosions took place in markets in central and southern Delhi which were crowded with people shopping ahead of religious festivals next week.

The third blast occurred in the area of Govindpuri which is in the southern part of the city.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh blamed "terrorists" for the blasts and said he would not tolerate militant violence.

No-one has yet admitted carrying out the explosions.

Pakistan condemnation

Details of the casualties are still unclear. Although 20 people are confirmed dead, unofficial reports say up to 50 may have been killed.

The blasts left a scene of widespread devastation

Government officials indicated most of those killed died in the blast at the southern Sarojini Nagar market.

They said a number also died in the first explosion, in the crowded central neighbourhood of Paharganj, an area close to Delhi's main railway station and popular with Western backpackers.

Some reports say the Govindpuri blast was a bus bomb and that three people died, although this could not be confirmed.

Prime Minister Singh, who is in the north-east but is returning to Delhi immediately, urged people to remain calm.

"The prime minister has expressed shock and distress over the blasts but has asserted that militant violence would not weaken the country's resolve to fight terrorism," spokesman Sanjaya Baru said.

India's long-term rival Pakistan condemned the explosions.

Its foreign ministry said in a statement: "Pakistan strongly condemns the terrorist attacks in Delhi, which have resulted in the loss of a number of innocent lives.

"The attack in a crowded market place is a criminal act of terrorism."

Many shops were damaged in the market blasts.

"The blast was so powerful, my house shook," Kiran Mohan, a photo editor who lives about 200m (650 ft) away from Sarojini market, told Associated Press.

Babu Lal Khandelwal, a shop owner in Paharganj, said: "There was black smoke everywhere. When the smoke cleared and I could see, there were people bloody and people lying in the street."

The BBC's Paul Danahar, who was at the site of the blast in Sarojini Nagar, says the scene was one of carnage and confusion.

Most of the people affected were ordinary people out shopping in the festival season, he says.

Both the Hindu festival of lights known as Diwali and the Muslim festival of Eid fall next week.

In May one person died and 49 were wounded by bombs at two Delhi cinemas - an attack blamed on Sikh militants.

CNN reports that a store owner saw a unattended bag lying on the storefront. As soon as he cautioned people about that bag, people moved away from it. And as people were moving away from the bag there was a thunderous flash and a lot of women and children who were casual about the storeowners warnings, were trapped in the rubble.

People have died and all some people want to do is make up <admin-cut> conspiracy theories.

I suppose the recent bombings in London were also done by the GOI and it was the GOI who started the Lozells riots not to mention the GOI involvement in the increase in oil prices across the world.