What Would You Do If Someone Hit You?

Amrit

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!!

PrIdw jo qY mwrin mukIAW iqn@w n mwry GuMim ]

fareedhaa jo thai maaran mukeeaaa(n) thinhaa n maarae ghu(n)m ||

Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.

AwpnVY Gir jweIAY pYr iqn@w dy cuMim ]7]

aapanarrai ghar jaaeeai pair thinhaa dhae chu(n)m ||7||

Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7|| d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Ik ong kar satgur parsad!

Implementing this may be a challenge to the instinct of getting even with the person who hit me.

Well.. i would fist think why i was hit and if i were at fault, silently bear it as punishment and if i am nottttttt... thennnnn.... well i would take hold of that person by his collar and tell him that another time and i forget my manners.. :)

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!

fareedhaa jo thai maaran mukeeaaa(n) thinhaa n maarae ghu(n)m ||

Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.

aapanarrai ghar jaaeeai pair thinhaa dhae chu(n)m ||7||

Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7|| d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Ik ong kar satgur parsad!

Implementing this may be a challenge to the instinct of getting even with the person who hit me.

Well.. i would fist think why i was hit and if i were at fault, silently bear it as punishment and if i am nottttttt... thennnnn.... well i would take hold of that person by his collar and tell him that another time and i forget my manners.. :)

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji!

but does it mean litteraly kissing of the feet? or something else....... maybe someone should look more deeply into the shabad and what context the shabad is written in....... maybe

this is what i make of it, might be wayyy off, but for some reason literal translation seems really wrong

first off i dont think bhagat ji is talking about physical hitting here. We have all come across people who when they talk really really hurt you inside your heart. this is what bhagat ji is talking about. he says if someone is so rude, arrogant to you and says words of hate/anger etc that hurt you dont say hateful things back to them because

nwnk iPkY boilAY qnu mnu iPkw hoie ]

O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.

then what should we do instead? bhagat jee answers saying that AwpnVY Gir jweIAY come to your own house, ie. come towards your innerself, come towards your heart and evaluate yourself. you must have done something to tick the person off. so evaluate that and become a better human being. thank the person because due to him/her being rude/hurtful, you have looked at a negative aspect within your own self. thats what pYr iqn@w dy cuMim means. another way of looking at it, when someone says something hurtful, ego gets hurt, and when a human ego is hurt, we tend to look towards god for help because we dont know what to do. thank the person for this as well as his/her hurtful words have made you remember god. as guruji says

duKu dwrU suKu rogu BieAw jw suKu qwim n hoeI ]

Suffering is the medicine, and pleasure the disease, because where there is pleasure, there is no desire for God.

as i heard someone say, apdyS gurU dw hY, Apnw lYnw. BulW myrIAW ny bKS dyxw

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw vwihgurU jI kI Pqih