The Colour Blue Yes Or No

Guest singh gupt

gur fateh ji

i was at the gurdwara today and i was in my blue banaa(cholaa) and blue dastaar and a singh came up to me and said that sikhs should not wear the colour blue as guru gobind singh ji said theat the khalsa isnt allowed to wear blue, has any 1 got any written evidence that the colour blue can be worn (e.g guru granth saihib ji or other bani or rehatnamas) the singh said that a khalsa should only wear white clothes and not blue

gupt singh ===

134125[/snapback]

Now just sit there take a minute, dont listen to NO ONE, and ponder this question yourself, Do you really think God gives a <admin-profanity filter activated> what color clothes you wear?????

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gur fateh ji

i was at the gurdwara today and i was in my blue banaa(cholaa) and blue dastaar and a singh came up to me and said that sikhs should not wear the colour blue as guru gobind singh ji said theat the khalsa isnt allowed to wear blue, has any 1 got any written evidence that the colour blue can be worn (e.g guru granth saihib ji or other bani or rehatnamas) the singh said that a khalsa should only wear white clothes and not blue

gupt singh ===

134125[/snapback]

The guy appears to have been a Namdhari, as the views expressed seem to be those that Namdharis hold. I asked a Namdhari about this once, and he told me they believe Guru Gobind Singh Ji called himself the destroyer of those that wear blue ( ie Moghuls ), and hence they make white their coulour of choice.

There is nothing wrong with wearing Blue, but the it is AN ABSOLUTE MYTH that BLUE is THE colour of the Khalsa.

Have a look into Amritpal's website for fuller details on the link provided.

Likewise whilst you're there note the "Arun" clothes of the Sahibzadas and the myths concocted about what actually is acceptable in terms of colour!

Guest _gupt singh_

fateh ji

it wasnt a namdhari who sed that to me it was an amritdhari singh with all white clothes he said guru gobind singh told sikh to wear white and not blue is there any line in bani which tell you about colours?

Guest _Jagmeet_

To my knowledge, blue and purple were really difficult colours to dye in those days. If you look at christian paintings of jesus, he is usually dressed in a purple robe, this is to symbolise that he is special, rarely was this colour used for clothes, so im guessing rich, spiritual, kings wore these types of colours?

Maybe this could be a reason why Sikhs wear blue, as its a royal colour?

To my very limited knowledge, Saffron symbolises sacrifice, black related to freedom? and white purity.

I was also told that black was only introduced post- 84?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

woah...yeah

that person really doesnt know what he's talking about.

the Khalsa colors are actually

blue, to represent that God lives above us all; The sky is above us all.

kesri, i forgot what it represents, sorry blush.gif

black, to represent "bairaag", which is a term used by Amrit-Dharis, which means sadness because of being away from God. we wish to be with him.

white, to represent the happiness and the purity of the true Gursikh souls, (i think thats what it represents...sorry, im not so sure)

for the ones im not sure about, please ask a Gursikh who knows his/her stuff.

i really hope that helped

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

134157[/snapback]

oh yeah...and the colour orange represents beer ras from what i have heard from Gursikhs.

peace...