How do you meditate?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Now something my Guru says:

nwnk ibnu siqgur nwau n pweIAY jy sau locY koeI ]32]

naanak bin sathigur naao n paaeeai jae so lochai koee ||32||

O Nanak, without the True Guru, the Name is not obtained, even though one may long for it hundreds of times. ||32||

-- Guru Amar Daas Ji (Salok Vaaraan Thay Vadheek on Pannaa 1413 )

ibnu siqgur ko nwau n pwey pRiB AYsI bxq bxweI hy ]9]

bin sathigur ko naao n paaeae prabh aisee banath banaaee hae ||9||

Without the True Guru, no one finds the Name. Such is the making which God has made. ||9||

--Guru Amar Daas Ji (Raag Maaroo on Pannaa 1045)

ibnu gur rwm nwmu ikau iDAweIAY ]

bin gur raam naam kio dhhiaaeeai ||

Without the Guru, how can anyone meditate on the Lord's Name?

--Guru Nanak Dev Ji (Raag Maaroo on Pannaa 1040 )

ibnu siqgur nwmu n pweIAY BweI ibnu nwmY Brmu n jweI ]

bin sathigur naam n paaeeai bhaaee bin naamai bharam n jaaee ||

Without the True Guru, the Name is not obtained, O Siblings of Destiny; without the Name, doubt does not depart.

--Guru Nanak Dev Ji (Raag Sorath on Pannaa 635 )

nwmY hI qy sBu ikCu hoAw ibnu siqgur nwmu n jwpY ]

naamai hee thae sabh kishh hoaa bin sathigur naam n jaapai ||

Everything comes from the Naam, the Name of the Lord; without the True Guru, the Naam is not experienced.

--Guru Amar Daas Ji ( Raag Soohee on Pannaa 753 )

ibnu siqgur nwau n pweIAY buJhu kir vIcwru ]

bin sathigur naao n paaeeai bujhahu kar veechaar ||

Without the True Guru, the Name is not found; understand this, and reflect upon it.

nwnk pUrY Bwig siqguru imlY suKu pwey jug cwir ]1]

naanak poorai bhaag sathigur milai sukh paaeae jug chaar ||1||

O Nanak, through perfect good destiny, one meets the True Guru, and finds peace, throughout the four ages. ||1||

--Guru Amar Daas Ji (Raag Sorath on Pannaa 649 )

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear MKhalsa,

I am no better than dirt myself, but to say an amritdhari has no advantage over a non amritdhari is ridiculous.
I never said nor meant what you have stated above.I didn't talk about advantages.This is what I said:
To say that there is a difference between an Amritdhari doing Naam Simran of Vahiguru and non-Amritdhari, is to say that Amritdhari is thinking he/she is higher in status to non-Amritdhari.

Thinking.

Amrit is all important and without amrit, we have no chance in the world.
True.
Amritdhari...Amrit...is everywhere.Inside, outside is Amrit, when you are Amritdhari, chhak Khande Ka Pahul.

r>

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

mkkhalsa veer jee...i apologize...the method can be done slow...i kinda got caught up in the moment..wasn't thinking it through...

but for the other comment...about never meeting an ochee avastha gursikh that wasn't taught the method...by the punjh...i have met MANY ochay gursikhs who did not rely on a method...and were never given any method of doing simran by the Guru (in the form of the punjh piyaaray)...but i have to tell u..they are absolutely AMAZING GURSIKHS..and they have so much naam in them it's unbelievable...there's this one Gursikh...wow!...he'll be talking to u...and the second he stops talking, you can see his lips vibrating from simran...

but anywas...i don't think we'll ever come to an agreement anyways...

bhul chuck maaf karnaa

sandeep kaur

sandeep bhenji..

i said

I have yet to hear of an ucha avastha gursikhs who wasnt taught saas giraas or wasnt taught by guru sahib through how much pyaar they had.

Bhenji, many times there are those that did amazing bhagti in their last lives, or who have the destination of sachkhand written on their foreheads that even if they are not given opportunity to learn saas giraas simran from guru roop panj, guru sahib teaches them himself. I have met such people as well. But I guarantee u, there were doing saas giraas, esp with the lip thing you just described to me. Sometimes it comes from inside, but either way that is the method. Its just easier and faster to learn from panj than to wait years and years and years for guru sahib to bless you, but either way i guess its already been decided.

• 2 months later...

In Bhai Veer Singh Ji's book, gurmukh sikhiya, as well as other books by puran gurmukhs they say that to do simran...

one should get up at amrit vela as it is the easiest time to do simran...

one should sit in a comfortable position, no need for complicated postures

one should repeat Waheguru outloud to themselves making sure they can hear it...eventually you won't have to say it outloud...it will start taking place automatically at every moment while you are still fulfilling your gristi duties...

one should try to do simran at the same time and same place everyday...

also...a sikh needs to take amrit from panj piyaaraaas and get gurmantar di dat...

a gurmukh once said that taking amrit is like putting a little yogurt in the boiling milk...eventually the whole pot of milk will turn into yogurt...

similarly that amrit that the Panj piyaaraaas give you needs to be nurtured by doing simran, seva, and sangat..and eventually every molecule in your body will become amrit....

on a side note....Bhai veer Singh ji writes that.....when we do simran...it's not us doing simran...it's waheguru himself making us doing the simran...its through his mercy and compassion that we say Waheguru.....if we say Waheguru once and then feel like repeating waheguru again...it's all His vadiayee...and that we should constantly be doing shukar for the opportunity of saying Waheguru ...

i just thought that was pretty cool...