How do you meditate?

Sorry, I didnt have time to post an explanation earlier. That explanation is from an anti-panthic website. The person featured on those sites was removed from the panth for giving gurmantar on his own to non amritdharis and for doing parchaar against gurbani.

He has since apologized and said all of what he did was wrong, including posting such things as that on the net. Therefore this is a matter of akal takht that such writings shouldnt be spread.

Veer/Behan ji

But i never even put a Web address to the quote, it doesn't matter. I thought you had removed because you were restricting the spread of Techniques to do Meditation, which is rather :T:

I am not trying to start an arguement.but For your info ji, that site which i had gotten that quote from is not an ANTI SIKH SITE. That technique to do meditation is not Copyrighted by anyone. That is a very basic and effective method. I don't thik that method is Anti ANYTHING.

But thanks for replying.

Waheguru.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mods did a good thing by removing the anti-panthic material from this thread. I think the mods should do a better job of removing any posts which are anti-panthic. If the mods need assistance in doing this, I would be more than willing to do this sewa.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

uhhh ok, did u read what i wrote, there was nothing that was Anti-Pantic about a Meditation Technique.

If a Method for meditation required you to pray to a Idol, yes that is Anti-Panthic.

The Method i posted simply stated, Breating in saying Wahe, Breathing out Saying guru.

How is that Anti-Pathic?? Don't get ahead of yoruself. rolleyes.gif

Since admin seems to be busy, ill reply..

SDO was excommunicated for exactly what you just did, teaching saas giraas method (not even properly) without panj or guru sahib. This is directly against the instruction panj give you when you take amrit. I am not blaming you as you were not given this instruction, and many werent. But SDO directly disobeyed akal takht and guru sahib(punj pyare) by teaching non amritdharis and even amritdharis who didnt know, and in some cases teaching it wrong. If someone learns from that write up and starts doing what they think is right without even having heard how it should be, it could actually be a hinderance to your bhagti, and theres quite a few stories of that happening. Many just end up hyperventilating. So it can also be harmful medically.

Since admin seems to be busy, ill reply..

SDO was excommunicated for exactly what you just did, teaching saas giraas method (not even properly) without panj or guru sahib. This is directly against the instruction panj give you when you take amrit. I am not blaming you as you were not given this instruction, and many werent. But SDO directly disobeyed akal takht and guru sahib(punj pyare) by teaching non amritdharis and even amritdharis who didnt know, and in some cases teaching it wrong. If someone learns from that write up and starts doing what they think is right without even having heard how it should be, it could actually be a hinderance to your bhagti, and theres quite a few stories of that happening. Many just end up hyperventilating. So it can also be harmful medically.

Veer ji,

Thank you for Replying.

I'd am asking these questions because i did not know there were such restriction placed in Sikhi. So please do not take them as me being Sarcastic or otherwise.

First Question: So any Method of Meditation in Sikhi is copyrighted by the Panj Payray??

Second: That quote was not from SDO, i have never even heard of them. It is a very Common Method of Meditation which i have heard from many people not just the site i got it from. I don't think it matter ne more from where i got the method from, since any type of Meditati

on method posted here will be removed because you can only receive those instructions from the panj. Am i correct or not?

Thirdly: It cannot be the Method that is Wrong. A method is just a method. But yes you need someone to teach you how to do it. Instruction on a Piece of paper do not carry the full spirtual energy as the instruction given in person.

But when i speak from Experience, I haven't yet taken Amrit, and i did not hyperventale when i was doing that meditation. Exactly the opposite happened, i received Anand from it. Now can you tell me that the Anand i felt was jhooth? if not then that method cannot be a Fraud as i am the living example that it does work. If you think that it was jhooth, please explain to me how you came to the conlusion without knowing the feeling that i felt?

Please i must say do not think in any way that i am being sarcastic or otherwise in my post. If you feel that i am, it was definetly not intended.

Waheguru

First Question: So any Method of Meditation in Sikhi is copyrighted by the Panj Payray??
No. The true method as taught by guru sahib, saas giraas can only be taught by guru sahib, if anyone else teaches you they are disobeying hukam and guru sahib.
Second: That quote was not from SDO, i have never even heard of them. It is a very Common Method of Meditation which i have heard from many people not just the site i got it from. I don't think it matter ne more from where i got the method from, since any type of Meditation method posted here will be removed because you can only receive those instructions from the panj. Am i correct or not?

That quote was from SDO. People have copied and pasted it many times without knowing. It was put on sikhnet and I had a debate with the ignorant moderators about it for a a few days and gave up and havent read their board since. Their moderators are very anti gurmat and antipanthic at times. It is common because it is the correct way, but individuals should not go around teaching it. I very innocently taught someone when i was younger without realizing the ramifications, that was a mistake which i had to pesh for. And no other form would

/should be removed, just the correct one as that can only be taught by panj. I dont think there is any other form which is as effective and I suggest non amritdharis should just chant waheguroo waheguroo waheguroo without and techniques because other techniques are fruitless anyway or wont be as good.

Thirdly: It cannot be the Method that is Wrong. A method is just a method. But yes you need someone to teach you how to do it. Instruction on a Piece of paper do not carry the full spirtual energy as the instruction given in person.
Exactly. But a person alone cannot give gurmantar, this can only be done by panj.
But when i speak from Experience, I haven't yet taken Amrit, and i did not hyperventale when i was doing that meditation. Exactly the opposite happened, i received Anand from it. Now can you tell me that the Anand i felt was jhooth? if not then that method cannot be a Fraud as i am the living example that it does work. If you think that it was jhooth, please explain to me how you came to the conlusion without knowing the feeling that i felt?

You may not have hyperventilated but i have heard of people who have. And if you did it right of course you received anand as this is amrit naam. This is what guru sahib teaches! You anand is not jhoot, but it would probably increase 1000 fold if you were to take amrit and receive gurmantar from panj/guru sahib.

Pheena bro,

Let them say whatever they want, you did nothing wrong. No one can go wrong meditating on Waheguru. Do these people actually think God would consider us bad if we nam jap a certain way without the OK of panj pyare?

I can breath in and say Waheguru twice and breath out and say Waheguru twice again OR I can breath and say Wahe and breath out and say Guru, these are techniques. Is this not better then breathing in and saying for instance the number 1 and breathing out and saying number 2? LOL

Pheena didnt do anything wrong, he didnt know. And you are right, no1 can go wrong doing simran. Simran is good!! but guru sahib taught us how to do simran in a certain way.. this is why we do not say allahu allahu or hari ram hari ram. The correct way is what will bear the most fruit. If guru sahib taught us a way and is still teaching us through panj, why shouldnt that be the most fruitful way?

Simran is not some breathing excercise, it is much more than that. The way you breath can effect ur spirituality, just like the way you breath can effect you if you are an athlete.