Which Book U R Reading These Days

simer_169

some of u guys r hilarious lol

ok erm read Pride and Prejudice, lol u know i started at page 1 again as soon as i reached the end, it is an amazing book, like Jane Austen (is that how u spell her name?).

only book i read twice in whole life.

the religious, wow Bhai Rama Singh Jis book is essnetial read, and Baba Nand Singh Ji, i wanna read their book but oh well cant got time yet and The sikh Times is an ok read :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Peter Singer's 'One World' ...He may be a lunatic, but he isn't half persuasive!

2. Antonio Damasio's 'The Feeling of What Happens' ...Interesting stuff!

3. And finally, I am constantly re-reading Puran Singh's 'Bride of the Sky' I read a scene every night and then start again. Magic. Pure magic.

Hahaha...im readin Harry Potter and the half blood prince at the moment...wicked laugh! blush.gif

135731[/snapback]

You just wait, it's wiiicked.

man.. and teh harry potter boook.. SUCK big time... i read teh 1 page.. and put it down!!!.. but i liek teh movies.... whose seen teh 4.

.. i wanna go see it!!! tongue.gif

135817[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but no... Read the entire thing and you'll see just how brilliant J.K. Rowling really is. Also, the third movie STINKS big time.

On a side note, I highly recommend The Da Vinci Code. I think they've got the perfect cast for the movie, which opens in May of 2006.

hey ham316 veerji/bhenji (sorry don't know)

if you enjoy reading Bride of the Sky ( which i think is a brilliant book for any spiritual seeker)..i think you'd enjoy reading Prakasina by Prof Puran singh ji...another truly amazing work...

i haven't read a full book in a while...mainly cuz i'ver read a lot of books..and now i go back and read parts of books that i love...

they include..Ten masters, spirit born people, spirit of the sikh, gurmukh sikhiya by bhai veer singh ji, sant gatha by bhai vir singh ji, gurbani vichars, siddharta by herman hesse, the alchemist by paulo coelho, autobiography of a Yogi by parmahansa yogananda...and can't forget East and West series..a series of small magazines wich inspiring articles..this is published by followers of swami TL vaswani....pretty cool stuff...cuz htey have inspiring material from sikhi, hinduism, islam, christianity... and Se Kaniyaa (but haven't finished it)

Hahaha...im readin Harry Potter and the half blood prince at the moment...wicked laugh! blush.gif

Books ive read ove rpast year and highly recommnend these because they changed my life forever and for the soooooo better, in order i read them;

bhai rama singh jis autobio(panjabi version)

se kineya, harnam singh ji(panjabi, didnt finish all yet)

Varan Bhai Gurdas ji(panjabi/english)

bhai sahib randhir singh ji autobio(english)

half of unddithi dunoiya...need to come back to (english)

bachittr natak(english and panjabi)

sundri bhai veer singh ji(panjabi)

all top books!! i want to start sehaj paath soon but have soooo much uni work not possible, hopefully chardikala and guru jis kirpa i can start that soon..its my next main goal....oh yeah once i get my accounts assignment handed in...lol :lol:

chardikala jeevan...deep kaur xxx

135731[/snapback]

who is the writer of bachittr natak and what is book about?

vjkkvjkf pajee,

Bachittr Natak is by our master Than Than Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj....

panjabi version i read was steek (translation) by J.P Sangat Singh

english version (The Wondorous Play) text and translation by Dr Jodh Singh

Both equally amazing and helped meunderstand the magnificent phenomenom that is the Bachttr Natak.....it tells mission of guru gobind singh ji maharaj and it felt almost as if you can see what thoughts maharaj ji has and had.....his visions.

Recommended for everyone.

chardikala ji, deep kaur x

hey ham316 veerji/bhenji (sorry don't know)

if you enjoy reading Bride of the Sky ( which i think is a brilliant book for any spiritual seeker)..i think you'd enjoy reading Prakasina by Prof Puran singh ji...another truly amazing work...

135845[/snapback]

Haven't read that one yet, although I want to now! Also, 'Sisters of the Spinning Wheel' is supposed to be excellent, but I can't find it anywhere :lol: And before I forget, 'Selected Poems' of Rumi are a worthy read at any time!

I have also been reading Ajmer Singh's 'Veenvee Sudhee Dee Sikh Rajneethee' He is a fascinating guy - I had the pleasure of meeting him earlier this year. It's in Punjabi but is about definitive as you can get. Anyone who talks about modern day Punjab, Sikh politics or 1984 must read this book!