• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMg 3

ang 3

Page 3

gur mUrq kr iDAwn sdw hjUr hY]

gur mooruth kur dhiaan sudhaa hujoor hai

Concentrate upon the Guru-word considering it as the figure of the Guru who is always with you.

gurmuK Sbd igAwn nyV n dUr hY]

gurumukh shubudh giaan naerr n dhoor hai

Due to the knowledge of the Word, the gurmukh finds the Lord always near and not far off.

AMg 3

ang 3

Page 3

Concentrate upon the Guru-word considering it as the figure of the Guru who is always with you.

Due to the knowledge of the Word, the gurmukh finds the Lord always near and not far off.

150383[/snapback]

iqil imil Pul Amul ijau gurisK sMiD sugMD Pulylw]

Kwsw mlmil isrIswPu swh kpwh clq bhu Kylw]

gur mUriq gur sbdu hY swDsMgiq imil AMimRq vylw]

dunIAw kUVI swihbI sc mxI sc grib ghylw]

dyvI dyv duVwieAnu ijau imrgwvil dyiK bGylw]

hukim rjweI clxw ipCy lgy nik nkylw]

gurmuiK scw Amir suhylw ]ññ]

Love the response by Maan Quam liye Qurban, 00gurpreet_singh00, and Kharkho jee.

It is ridiculous have we even started having photos to begin with. Are we saying they didn't remember the Gurus 24/7 when there were not paintings of them?

It is very recently that painters have started drawing pictures - whihc is extremely sad and hurting. We Sikhs are KILLING OURSELVES!!!

Just look at Muslims- anyone dares to call a painting of an arabic man Mohammad , look at their reaction - why are we allowing paintings to be amde and sold.

THe BODY never WAS THE GURU, it was the SHABAD inside. No matter how many times anyoen bows infront of a photo of a body (ultimately its a picture of tissues and cells) - it's NOT GOING TO HELP - NO PHAL. THe pyaar is beign misplaced to something useless - a picture of a body - neither of them doign any good. Pictures are nto accepted, neither are worshipping bodies. We have started bowing to the pictures of Bodies. We've got our Guru HERE SO CLOSE TO US-

rwmklI mhlw 5 CMq

<> siqgur pRswid ]

swjnVw myrw swjnVw inkit KloieAVw myrw swjnVw ]

jwnIAVw hir jwnIAVw nYx AloieAVw hir jwnIAVw ]

nYx AloieAw Git Git soieAw Aiq AMimRq ipRA gUVw ]

nwil hovMdw lih n skMdw suAwau n jwxY mUVw ]

mwieAw mid mwqw hoCI bwqw imlxu n jweI Brm DVw ]

khu nwnk gur ibnu nwhI sUJY hir swjnu sB kY inkit KVw ]1]

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Friend, my Friend - standing so near to me is my Friend!

Beloved, the Lord my Beloved - with my eyes, I have seen the Lord, my Beloved!

With my eyes I have seen Him, sleeping upon the bed within each and every heart; my Beloved is the sweetest ambrosial nectar.

He is with all, but he cannot be found; the fool does not know His taste.

Intoxicated with the wine of Maya, the mortal babbles on about trivial affairs; giving in to the illusion, he cannot meet the Lord.

Says Nanak, without the Guru, he cannot understand the Lord, the Friend who is standing near everyone. ||1||

We have abandoned our Gurbani for PHOTOS!!!

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=3377&Format=2

gur ibnu Goru AMDwru gurU ibnu smJ n AwvY ]

gur ibnu suriq n isiD gurU ibnu mukiq n pwvY ]

guru kru scu bIcwru gurU kru ry mn myry ]

guru kru sbd spuMn AGn ktih sB qyry ]

guru nXix bXix guru guru krhu gurU siq kiv nl´ kih ]

ijin gurU n dyiKAau nhu kIAau qy AkXQ sMswr mih ]4]8]

Without the Guru, there is utter darkness; without the Guru, understanding does not come.

Without the Guru, there is no intuitive awareness or success; without the Guru, there is no liberation.

So make Him your Guru, and contemplate the Truth; make Him your Guru, O my mind.

Make Him your Guru, who is embellished and exalted in the Word of the Shabad; all your sins shall be washed away.

So speaks NALL the poet: with your eyes, make Him your Guru; with the words you speak, make Him your Guru, your True Guru.Those who have not seen the Guru, who have not made Him their Guru, are useless in this world. ||4||8||

Keep him inside of you!!!

See him with your soul!!

srby eyku AnykY suAwmI sB Gt BuogvY soeI ]

kih rivdws hwQ pY nyrY shjy hoie su hoeI ]4]1]

The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts.

Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. ||4||1||

He's not outside of you - he's within you!

Hes closer than your HANDS AND FEET!

When you fall - what goes there first? You hand When you hurt your eyes - what goes there first? Your hand

Guru Sahib is CLOSER TO YOU THAN YOUR HANDS AND FEET -

Yet we look at his photos and think we can find him in the photos no.gifno.gif

We Sikhs have lost it no.gif - we're back where we started - where Guru Nanak Dev JI came to pull us out of - domatic and base-less rituals, idoltry - we're back on square one. no.gif

Guru Sahib is within you - not in a photo!!!

Please lets stop thinking these man-made pictures which the Gurus themselves oposed will help us with anything. Let's stop misplacing our pyaar and place it on helping the less fortunate - Let's place that Love where Bhagat Puran Singh Ji placed it - serving Humanity - Serving Akaal, serving Kartaar d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Guru Sahib ji has made the path soo simple for us -

siqgur scw pwqSwh gurmuK gwfI rwh clµdy]

sathigur sachaa paathashaah guramukh gaaddee raah chala(n)dhae||

The true Guru is the true king and the gurmukhs move on the highway pointed out by Him.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5671

siqgur scw pwiqSwh gurmuK gwfI rwh clwXw]

sathigur sachaa paathishaah guramukh gaaddee raah chalaayaa||

The true Guru, the real emperor has put the Guru-oriented (gurmukh) on the high road ( of liberation).

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5664

Let's not make this path harder. Guru Sahib has told us not to get into base-less rituals, and instead oppose them - let's not get into the habit of -

"If it's pyaar then it's okay" or "let them do whatever they want to do - it's okay"

Yeah lets let them do what they want to do - but make sure you make them aware that it's against the "Mat" of the Guru and thus manmat.

Let's all get together and meet our SajanRa (beloved, Pyaara)

rwmklI mhlw 5 CMq

<> siqgur pRswid ]

swjnVw myrw swjnVw inkit KloieAVw myrw swjnVw ]

jwnIAVw hir jwnIAVw nYx AloieAVw hir jwnIAVw ]

nYx AloieAw Git Git soieAw Aiq AMimRq ipRA gUVw ]

nwil hovMdw lih n skMdw suAwau n jwxY mUVw ]

mwieAw mid mwqw hoCI bwqw imlxu n jweI Brm DVw ]

khu nwnk gur ibnu nwhI sUJY hir swjnu sB kY inkit KVw ]1]

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Friend, my Friend - standing so near to me is my Friend!

Beloved, the Lord my Beloved - with my eyes, I have seen the Lord, my Beloved!

With my eyes I have seen Him, sleeping upon the bed within each and every heart; my Beloved is the sweetest ambrosial nectar.

He is with all, but he cannot be found; the fool does not know His taste.

Intoxicated with the wine of Maya, the mortal babbles on about trivial affairs; giving in to the illusion, he cannot meet the Lord.

Says Nanak, without the Guru, he cannot understand the Lord, the Friend who is standing near everyone. ||1||

He is so close to us - he IS US - so let's get in this highway designed by the Guru for us :)

Bhull chukk maaf