Life After Death For My Baby!

misskaur

SSA all brothers and sisters

As you can see from the title here, it's a sad entry, but I need answers to these questions! I wasn't sure where to go or who to ask..right now my parents are too emotional and upset to speak and I don't feel right bombarding them with these questions, although i know they would be happy to answer..maybe all in good time....

I had a baby girl who was born sleeping (still born)! As you can imagine I am totally devestated and finding it difficult to cope. Her funeral is on Dec 1st, now the questions start here..

I was told by the hospital that they will arrange the funeral, i know as a Sikh we must be creamated, but the hospital contacted a gyani at the local gudwara who said because she is still born, upto a certain age a baby can be buried..what does everyone think?

I know she is with god, but for how long?

Does she have to pass a time to stay in heaven?

Will she get older, like year by year or will she stay a baby?

Will she come back to me?

Will she be watching me?

Will she be with my family, who have passed?

Some of thses questions sound silly, but I have never known or asked about what we believe about life after death.... please someone help me..i want to do this the proper sikh way and need to know what we should believe! I really hope somebody will help!

Thank you in advance.

WJKK WJKF

136105[/snapback]

this must be distressing for you, but all happens for a reason, i would have though that the soul would be blessed and go back to waheguru. they may have another chance but i dnt think 'she' would go bk into charasi lakh joon, because she never had a chance to earn good or bad karma to be judged.

age doesnt come into this, only the human body has a age, the soul doesnt grow each year etc. i dnt think shes gna be watchin u n probs not with your previous fam.

wahe guru ji ka khalsa

wahe guru ji ki fateh

Very sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope the posts above have gone some way in helping you make some sense of something which is undoubtedly going to be difficult to come to terms with. Ultimately, at times like this, we are left solely with the knowledge that the master puts us on this Earth, and he in his own wisdom decides when he wants us to return to him.

I pray you are given the strength to deal with this, and can eventually come to terms with the loss.

isrIrwgu mhlw 5 ] (45-6)

sireeraag mehlaa 5.

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

ieku pCwxU jIA kw ieko rKxhwru ] (45-6, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

ik pachhaanoo jee-a kaa iko rakhanhaar.

The One is the Knower of all beings; He alone is our Savior.

ieks kw min Awsrw ieko pRwx ADwru ] (45-7, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

ikas kaa man aasraa iko paraan aDhaar.

The One is the Support of the mind; the One is the Support of the breath of life.

iqsu srxweI sdw suKu pwrbRhmu krqwru ]1] (45-7, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

tis sarnaa-ee sadaa sukh paarbarahm kartaar. ||1||

In His Sanctuary there is eternal peace. He is the Supreme Lord God, the Creator. ||1||

mn myry sgl aupwv iqAwgu ] (45-8, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

man mayray sagal upaav ti-aag.

O my mind, give up all these efforts.

guru pUrw AwrwiD inq ieksu kI ilv lwgu ]1] rhwau ] (45-8, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

gur pooraa aaraaDh nit ikas kee liv laag. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Dwell upon the Perfect Guru each day, and attach yourself to the One Lord. ||1||Pause||

ieko BweI imqu ieku ieko mwq ipqw ] (45-8, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

iko bhaa-ee mit ik iko maat pitaa.

The One is my Brother, the One is my Friend. The One is my Mother and Father.

ieks kI min tyk hY ijin jIau ipMfu idqw ] (45-9, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

ikas kee man tayk hai jin jee-o pind ditaa.

The One is the Support of the mind; He has given us body and soul.

so pRBu mnhu n ivsrY ijin sBu ikCu vis kIqw ]2] (45-9, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

so parabh manhu na visrai jin sabh kichh vas keetaa. ||2||

May I never forget God from my mind; He holds all in the Power of His Hands. ||2||

Gir ieko bwhir ieko Qwn Qnµqir Awip ] (45-10, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

ghar iko baahar iko thaan thanantar aap.

The One is within the home of the self, and the One is outside as well. He Himself is in all places and interspaces.

jIA jMq siB ijin kIey AwT phr iqsu jwip ] (45-10, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

jee-a jant sabh jin kee-ay aath pahar tis jaap.

Meditate twenty-four hours a day on the One who created all beings and creatures.

ieksu syqI riqAw n hovI sog sMqwpu ]3] (45-11, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

ikas saytee rati-aa na hovee sog santaap. ||3||

Attuned to the Love of the One, there is no sorrow or suffering. ||3||

pwrbRhmu pRBu eyku hY dUjw nwhI koie ] (45-11, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

paarbarahm parabh ayk hai doojaa naahee ko-ay.

There is only the One Supreme Lord God; there is no other at all.

jIau ipMfu sBu iqs kw jo iqsu BwvY su hoie ] (45-12, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

jee-o pind sabh tis kaa jo tis bhaavai so ho-ay.

Soul and body all belong to Him; whatever pleases His Will comes to pass.

guir pUrY pUrw BieAw jip nwnk scw soie ]4]9]79] (45-12, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)

gur poorai pooraa bha-i-aa jap naanak sachaa so-ay. ||4||9||79||

Through the Perfect Guru, one becomes perfect; O Nanak, meditate on the True One. ||4||9||79||

God Bless you and your family with the courage to accept Waaheguru's Bhana or will. The best thing to do is seek comfort from Saadh sangat.

peace.

I want to say thank you for all the messages.. I was in tears reading some of them! I think it is very important for myself and my husband to do this the sikh way. We are not as religious as I'd like us to be, but do go to the gudwara... I do pray everyday, the mool mantra, and during the pregnancy would often play shabads on full volume in the car and house to my baby bump... She would often move closer to the speaker when I had the mool mantra on.. it was like a sign to say she enjoyed it more than the usual r&b! I started to learn more about sikhism thoughout the pregnancy, as I wanted her to learn early on.. My parents are religious, however they didn't really teach us much as children, I really wish I knew so much more!

Before I read any replies, I was broken in bits... couldn't hold back my tears..My family too are finding it difficult to cope, however once I read what our Guru ji's had taught us, i felt better... I mean, I would love to believe she is an angel and is watching over us, and will wait for me with god... I think I hold this somewhere in my heart.. I don't understand about the bad karma.. I mean she is a baby...!! I know some of you say that she was innocent and her soul did bhagti.. so then if she did this then surely her sins from a previous life have been washed??

The fate of the baby is entirely up to Vahiguru, I totally believe this..this is what made me feel better. I know she is in safe hands too! The reason I wanted her buried is so I could go to visit her in the baby garden at anytime, I know now that we believe the body is a shell... but i just want to know she's there... I guess I just never planned to arrange a funeral for my child, so it's hard, but I do wish to take flowers and things like that whenever I miss her! Had the Gyanni said she MUST be cremated then I would have arranged this no question about it... but knowing it's for us to decide I prefer the burial! My husband would like her creamated along with his family..but I don't think i can do this! Another thing.. I came home from the hospital yesterday, so the 3 days n hospital, i spent with her body.. I held her and kept her close to me for hours, I gave her back to nurses after a few hours as she needed to be kept in a fridge..i wanted to keep her with me, but i did wonder if this was wrong of me... my mum said I shouldn't keep her body with me as it's not her anymore, but I needed her... I still do! Sorry, i know i am going on..I'm just very much on edge right now...and like I said the messages and shabads really touched my heart.. I feel like your all praying for her kinda thing!! Thank you once again!

WJKK WJKF!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My dear dear sister I’m so sad to hear you loss…

Please let me try to help u to understand.

A long time ago I heard my mother asking my grand mother why her son had been born dead, my grandmother told her that during the night she had asked the boy why he went away so soon and that the boy had replied it was in him to be born to sikh family and once that had been done he could go back home.

I never really asked any more questions. Now they are gone its to late.

To me, in this life things will happen to us for a reason I would say its written from our past life’s deeds. good things and bad things BUT please note bad things don’t usually mean that its for any crime we’ve committed it’s also for now is not the right time and later will be better..

Last year I was very sick and whenever I sat in the gudwara I would ask for some more time (but I never asked when I bowed), anyway this kept on playing on my mind how can I ask for more time? Then one day I was answered.

point to the person that you would like me to take time away from to give to you.

That’s when I realised, he gave us this life and he will call us back when he wants to…

12. The Lord has given us a fixed number of days: they increase not, nor do they decrease even by an iota.

It is all God's play and He alone plays it all by Himself. (Gauri Sikhmani M. 5)

ITS ALL HIS PLAY. HE DOES WHAT EVER HE WANTS it actually say so in SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI

Things happen for a reason keep faith, and know that she is in good hands, god called her bsck for a reason……………

• 1 year later...
Guest s133k_s1kh

I know this is a very old thread. I came here from the birthday thgy that comes on the main page. Reading these posts took me back in time. How would have this Bibi felt when she was typing all this :ysad: . her posts are so innocent, the questions she had, the answers sangat gave.. it really felt very good reading all the answers.

Today is her birthday :lol: .. i hope she is in high spirits. Waheguru bibi nu chardikala bakshe