Why Does No One Seem To Know Who Sikhs Are ?

sikh_assasin

:T: wjkkwjkf I just wanted to know why people dont know who sikhs are even in places like west london everyone thinks that we are muslims. I feel that we need to be highlighted in the media more often in a positive way that is.

I am based in germany right now with the British Army and ive not met one person who nows what sikhism is and ive been here for two years.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Take this in the positive way, maybe this is a chance for you to give ppl knowledge and wisdom of sikhi to the rest of the ppl- youll feel prouder of yourself

I think the reason no one knows about Sikhi is coz there is less representatives of Sikhs.

Which leads to the question should we have more children?

yeah i feel that not only should we have more kids but we should highlight the good things that the community does for others organisations like khalsa aid and united sikhs these charitys are never mentioned and the modern way to educate is the media

wjkkwjkf I just wanted to know why people dont know who sikhs are even in places like west london everyone thinks that we are muslims. I feel that we need to be highlighted in the media more often in a positive way that is.

I think more people know who Sikhs are than you probably think.

I first learnt about Sikhs in a strange way. I was living in Bradford and I used to visit a shop. One day I got talking to the guy who ran the shop- he was a Gursikh (sp?) and he gave me a book called 'Listening to Sikhs.' I found it very interesting and have learnt a great deal more since then about Sikhs. I visit this site from time to time for the same reason. I guess the media should play an important role but guys like the one in the shop, educating people through talking and giving information- they are just as important.

Just wanted to add, if more people know about Sikhs or even become Sikhs it wont affect the religion. Even if there is not even a single Sikh in the universe, or even if a single person doesn't know about the Sikhs, it wont matter. People benefit from religion, religion doesn't benefit from people. Maybe down here some people dont know of the Khalsa, but "up there" Akal Purakh knows all.

VJKK

VJKF

sikhs have no homeland...no political autonomy, No political liberties to call their own....their scattered (large diaspora)...theres no standardized translation of our bani for others to read, thus no one understands where we stand.....Sikhs never, to my recollection, stood shoulder-to-shoulder with one another on any particular socio-political issue, etc etc etc, i could go on as to why our faith is so ambigous amongst people and why we are called muslim/hindu hybrids.

I agree i like being misterious as in the way that ppl will ask about Sikhi to me n i would feel kool telling them about Sikhi.

N i agree with unitled Singh but its important for people to understand Sikhi,

N if im correct Gurbani also tells us we should tell ppl about Sikhi coz they got a right to know aswell as us about Gods message.

N having more children will mean that there will be more ppl to spread/preach message of Gurbani to the world, so that more people can gain Wisdom.