... They Wanna Cut My Hair Off.

Manleen Kaur

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa, Vaheguroo ji ki fateh.

this may sound like the dumbest question ever, but i just started high school, and theere are some gurls who are veryyy fasinated with my long hair, and everyday, they take out scissors, (when they are in my class), and are like.. " manleen, were gonna cut ur hair off today", and at first i was like w.e they wont do it, they're jus talkin.. trash, but... now its begginig to bother me, and i dont even know why... i guess im afraid taht they wiill actually do it.... i tell them to .. jus... leave me alone everyday, in a nice way, but.. will it come to that day when they will actually do it ?... no.gif

im so confused... :lol: @

what do i do??..

bull chaaak maaaf karni ji...

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa, Vaheguroo ji ki fateh!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u live in tornto, which highskool dou go to?

and tell em st5raight up, yo dont even joke bout tha its religuous

and im serious, stright up

no jokes here

on this

i dont think theyll do it

but jus tell em once like yo seriously, thas enough

dont joke around bout this sort of stuff wit me

jus explain how u dont cuture hair etc.

bhula chuka maf

take a sword tomorrow and be like 'ur head is annoying me... i'ma cut it off'.... bahahahhahaa..

136794[/snapback]

:TH: ...best advice from heera singh pajeee

be a true singhnee panjee....tell them with a serious look on your face, not a worried one.

good luck penjee...stay in chardikala.....Guru ji is with you!

deep kaur khalsa

Manleen

Thank you for posting this here. You should not have to put up with even one incident of this type of harassment regardless of what anyone’s guess may be to how serious they are in going further. The harassment itself is crossing the line and is serious in itself.

If you are in Ottawa you may wish to call the people at World sikh organization Tel: Canada (613) 521 1984; Fax: Canada (613) 521 SIKH (7454); Cell: (613) 220 6214 Email: info@worldsikh.org .They may be very helpful and likely be able to speak to you in a very professional and supportive manner. Hopefully there is just a bit of education that is necessary.

If the above works great. If not you may wish to take further measures… keep in mind to have someone see if the Criminal Law applies with respect to criminal harassment or uttering threats. The way to do this is to report it to the police. You can also report it to your school principle or talk to a teacher. Date and take notes of all the steps you take. You may need it at a later date.

Another possibility is someone on this forum from Ottawa speaking to your school on your behalf. If none of this works or you still are being harassed please keep us updated here. I will try to have someone get in touch with you to assist even if this means letters to the school and the girls from a lawyers office. As I said previously, hopefully a little bit of education will suffice.

If any brothers or sisters on this forum face similar situations in school, work, or otherwise please report to local sikh organizations. There are some excellent sikh organizations out there very in touch with the larger society.

If you won't for whatever reason contact a sikh organization, please post or PM! I am not an organization, but together we are connected around the globe on this forum and there should be zero tolerance for this type of harassment.

Manleen sis, be strong, be a Kaur. I really really doubt they will touch you hair, because they are girls they probably think hair is really important. Just tell them,

" I am really sick of your joking around, (lol btw when speaking english Sikh should be pronounced *SEEEKKHH*)I'm Sikh, and as a Sikh I am not suppose to cut my hair, or get tatoos, or piercings because we believe the body is beautiful as is(I usually find that non-Sikhs understand better when you tell them about the tatoos or piercings part also). So can you please respect my beliefs."

After that just go back to your seat and relax, the rest is God's will. Remember IF they do cut your hair its not your fault, you didn't do it. And IF they do cut even a piece of your hair off, let them have it, just tell them loudly:

"What do you think you are doing, stop trying to convert me into one of you, I dont follow societys norms like fools, I am not forced so shave my legs or cut my hair because of society, I am a Sikh. Look at you (and then laugh), you are like objects to these men, who put you on high heals, make you go though so much trouble for removing every single hair from your body, and metal through your skin. You guys disgust me."

or something like that lol, I just want you to be confident and strong like the Kaur that you are.

Yo bro foeva:

Gurjeet

VJKK

VJKF

Sat Sri Akal:

Take a bigger pair of scissors with you to school and say "You touch my hair and I take a finger". Say it nicely and jokingly. That way, it comes off as if you are playing their game, but trust me, the message will come loud and clear that you ain't going to back down from them.

are these girls goreea, punjabeea, kaleean?

and r they ure freeidns or jus stupid girls?

y duntu just move from where u sittin if they bother u to much

but if they seriouly start to make u mad

then start yellin at em

and if the idiots still dont stop botherin u

get some other sikhs around ure area to tell em to stop

like ottawea sangat, if u need help wit gettin together people pm anytime

u gotta be sort of tough now in this situation

they wont take u seriously if u jus ask em nicely or anythin lik etha

u gotta b lookin lik eu gonna knock em out or somethin lol

and if none of this works, u gonna have to scare em

i doubt ud actually have to knoeck em out, jus scare em wit some huge peoploe

and sinceim guessin ure in gr 9, jus get some gr 12's, like i said pm if u need anyone to come down

and if nutin else jus make a huuuge scene

be like yoo shut up loud or somethin

if girls arnt mental theyll prob get the message

bhula chuka maf

It's time to make it clear that the joke is not funny.

Next time they make a comment, tell them straight out that you really don't find it funny because cutting your hair is a very big deal and against your religion (you might want to explain that a bit ie. why you keep your kes). Just let them know that you don't appreicate it and you don't want to hear it again.

I remember when I was in grade school some kids joked that they cut some of my hair when I had my head turned. I remember I said I would kill anyone who tried and when they saw I was very serious even the bratty kids backed down and didn't joke about it anymore.