Nihang Sikhs Offer To Help Monica Bedi

N30S1NGH

Nihang Sikhs offer to help Monica Bedi

A religious sect of warrior Sikhs has expressed its desire to help and protect starlet Monica Bedi, recently extradited from Portugal with her companion mobster Abu Salem, provided she doesn't go back to him.

Nihang Sikhs - armed Sikh warriors - from the Tarna Dal made an offer this week to Monica's paternal uncle Purshottam Bedi that they could extend help to her if she gave an assurance about ending her association with the underworld.

The offer even included the provision of armed Nihang guards to Monica whenever she is released on bail to protect her from Abu Salem and other gangsters.

Representatives of the sect led by Hari Singh of Punjab's Hoshiarpur district met Monica's uncle at his native village Chhabewal on Sunday and expressed the desire to help.

Monica Bedi was born in the same village in 1975 but her family migrated to Norway. Her uncle remained in the village and lives a modest life.

The Nihang sect has not only offered financial aid to Monica, but also help in getting legal aid to represent her in passport forgery cases that she is facing in Hyderabad and Bhopal.

Monica's uncle met her last week in a Hyderabad prison where she is being held and returned to Chhabewal on Saturday. He said the family would try its best to help her and she had told him that she never married Abu Salem.

The Nihang sect, however, asked Monica's uncle to get an assurance from her that she would not go back to Abu Salem or the underworld or the film industry whenever she is released.

Abu Salem, who is the accused in a string of crimes including the 1993 serial bomb blasts in Mumbai that killed 257 people, was extradited with Monica from Portugal earlier in November following a long and protracted legal battle mounted by India.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, can you ask them if they will extend the same help to the victims of the Delhi riots. many of the next generation of boys are into doing drugs, because they have no father figures to guide them. The widows work all hours just to put food on the table, and there are stories that some of the widows and their daughters are having to work as prostitutes to survive.

Pyare jio, can you ask them if they will extend the same help to the victims of the Delhi riots. many of the next generation of boys are into doing drugs, because they have no father figures to guide them.  The widows work all hours just to put food on the table, and there are stories that some of the widows and their daughters are having to work as prostitutes to survive.

137198[/snapback]

Correct me if i m wrong but isn't Tarna dal jathedar - baba nihal singh ji ??

If yes, tarna dal contributed lot to the movement.

Also how do you know nihangs don't contribute to help to the victim of delhi riots? do you have any stats who help and who does not? obviously, news like that nihangs or mainstream sikhs helping to victims of delhi riots won't come in biased media. This news came because monica bedi and her links with underworld gotta a quite a coverage in india.

Also just to give you guys sigh, if you look at her name- bedi..lot of sikh families have last name started with bedi..so she belongs to sikh family...just for the record, she is not hindu.

Correct me if i m wrong but isn't Tarna dal jathedar - baba nihal singh ji ??

If yes, tarna dal contributed lot to the movement.

137203[/snapback]

Tarna Dal has also split into many factions just like Budha Dal and the one you talk about veer jee is the HarianVela Tarna Dal under, as you say, Jathedar Baba Nihal Singh Jee (HarianVela Wale) and yes, they have contributed a lot to the Panth.

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Exactly what has Nihal singh harianvela or his faction done for the panth?

Becaue the only known Nihang that died for the movement was Bhai Avtar Singh Brahma.

137218[/snapback]

before asking that, what have you done for the panth? did you went to india and fought for your khalistan movement that you are whinning about in western countries?

atleast baba nihal singh ji took soo many bullets for the movement..he is known as zinda shaheed...

as bhagat kabir says empty pitcher makes most noise.

Nihangs Singhs are doing seva, I spent time with Budhal Dal and Tarna Dal, both Dal do seva in they own way.

Baba Hari Singh is one of the Nihang Singhs that Help get Ajit Phoola, Baba Hari Singh is doing a lot of seva. Nihang Singhs were with Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Jee and Did fight with Sant Jee, I have met Nihang Singhs that are for Khalistan so not all Nihangs are like Niddar.

Baba Nihal Singh Jee is a living Shaheed a true Saint warrior, Surinder singh Sodhi Nihang Jee was Sant Baba Jarnail Singhs Right hand man, and is Shaheed. I have meet Nihang singhs that have been in Jail during the movment years.

I read all this rubbish on the internet about Nihang Singhs and I think you lot are jokers, you guys wear the Nihang Baba wear the Big Dumalla and then disrespect The Nihangs.

Jagjit I have been reading your posts over the last few days and you dont know any thing about Purtan Sikhi, your view point of Purtan Sikhi is from Niddar. One thing Is not all Nihangs Follow him or respect him. I do feel sorry for you and your Jatha.

Namstang thanks for posting this.