Chand Tora

`KuMi´

When a sikh went to battle, they tied tora into their dastars so if they got hit in the head the kirpan would not go all the way through the head the tora would stop it...you get what im saying?

138037[/snapback]

Pratan singhs didnt show tora either, it was well hidden as it purpose was to protect and also keep dhumala on ur head!!

they also used another one as like another shastar! its only a show now!!

chand represented which misl u were from in effect...

I was talking to Nihang Gurmant Singh regarding this, he gave me little different spiritual interpertation of chand tora. He said, if you look at chand tora, it's a moon. Moon it's known for giving calmness to all creation just like that Khalsa has a attribute of moon, whoever is around khalsa shall receive calmness and peace.

I thought it was quite interesting. :lol:

Yeh there is that too.. i cudnt remember what the moon represented hence didnt put it!!

But like the khanda in the middle, sword of justice yeh, hence it is also included.

There are different chands, therefore like the khanda (the one on nishaan sahib) its different sometimes, since most groups have made ammendments.

I heard the ORIGINAL khanda was just Khanda (the shastar) and the bata given for amrit.... but not sure...

Chand isnt meant to have a pin in either hence the need for the thora - hold it on ur dumala!!