Nanakshahi Calendar

Guest Guru Ka Sevak

Guest Guru Ka Sevak

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,

I just came across on Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Gurpurab & in the Nanakshahi Calander it says 5th January but when the actual date is 21st December, I'm just curious why don't we follow the actual date Gurpurab? Why abide by Nanakshahi?

I've not posted this offend anyone, even if so i have unknowingly... Bhulan Chukaan Dhee Maafee,

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Because some so called, 'Sikhs' thought they were better than Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj who used the Bikrami Calendar. If it was good enough, for the king of kings and the saint of saints, why is it not good enough for that Guru Sahib's Sikhs today?

Because some so called, 'Sikhs' thought they were better than Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj who used the Bikrami Calendar.  If it was good enough, for the king of kings and the saint of saints, why is it not good enough for that Guru Sahib's Sikhs today?

139964[/snapback]

Horse was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without computers and tv was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without electricity was also good enough for Guru Ji. Why is that not good enough for you these days? Come on! How far you going to go to use baseless and useless excuses to defend flawed bikarmi calendar??????

If you stick with bikarmani calendar. Barah Maha is going to become flawed. E.g. the season of haarh will be in winter and it being hot, will mean wrong. What do you and saadh babas want? Prove bani wrong? Who are the real naastiks who want to prove and keep proving bani to be true forever or ones who think about their ego and only care about themselves? Maybe you didn't know but bikarmi calendar is flawed big time. They insert a fake month every some years to make to keep up to the so-called Christian calendar when it has nothing to do with Christianty. What do you want to follow, some calendar with flawss or a calendar which accurate to the movements of the sun. Seasons change according to the sun and not according to the moon. Know this inside out. So I urge our youth to start learning the facts and stop relying on some sant baba or dera. Sant babas didn't get us anwhere and never will get us anywhere. Their sole purpose is to create division in the Panth on the orders of their Delhi gods and RSS Gurus.

Because some so called, 'Sikhs' thought they were better than Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj who used the Bikrami Calendar.  If it was good enough, for the king of kings and the saint of saints, why is it not good enough for that Guru Sahib's Sikhs today?

139964[/snapback]

Horse was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without computers and tv was also good enough for Guru Ji. Living without electricity was also good enough for Guru Ji. Why is that not good enough for you these days? Come on! How far you going to go to use baseless and useless excuses to defend flawed bikarmi calendar??????

If you stick with bikarmani calendar. Barah Maha is going to become flawed. E.g. the season of haarh will be in winter and it being hot, will mean wrong. What do you and saadh babas want? Prove bani wrong? Who are the real naastiks who want to prove and keep proving bani to be true forever or ones who think about their ego and only care about themselves? Maybe you didn't know but bikarmi calendar is flawed big time. They insert a fake month every some years to make to keep up to the so-called Christian calendar when it has nothing to do with Christianty. What do you want to follow, some calendar with flawss or a calendar which accurate to the movements of the sun. Seasons change according to the sun and not according to the moon. Know this inside out. So I urge our youth to start learning the facts and stop relying on some sant baba or dera. Sant babas didn't get us anwhere and never will get us anywhere. Their sole purpose is to create division in the Panth on the orders of their Delhi gods and RSS Gurus.

139989[/snapback]

whew, good post!

I don't know much about this topic, so i have a few questions. grin.gif

Nanakshahi Calender was introduced in 1999 by Pal Singh Purewal, how did he come up with the dates for Gurpurbs? I know Shaheedi dates are probably recorded but some of the Gurpurb dates are different (Guru Gobind Singh Ji's).

As far as i can remember, Basakhi use to be on April 13th, Nanakshahi Calender has it for April 14th.

Can someone please explain what the true meaning of 'Sangrad' is? does it have anything to do with the moon :lol:

thank you

What do you and saadh babas want? Prove bani wrong? Who are the real naastiks who want to prove and keep proving bani to be true forever or ones who think about their ego and only care about themselves?..... Sant babas didn't get us anwhere and never will get us anywhere. Their sole purpose is to create division in the Panth on the orders of their Delhi gods and RSS Gurus.

139989[/snapback]

I love how you don't mention that its pakhandi sants that are harmful to Sikhi...according to what you/ve written it is real Sants and Sadhus whose 'sole purpose is to create division'

What do you and saadh babas want? Prove bani wrong? Who are the real naastiks who want to prove and keep proving bani to be true forever or ones who think about their ego and only care about themselves?..... Sant babas didn't get us anwhere and never will get us anywhere. Their sole purpose is to create division in the Panth on the orders of their Delhi gods and RSS Gurus.

139989[/snapback]

I love how you don't mention that its pakhandi sants that are harmful to Sikhi...according to what you/ve written it is real Sants and Sadhus whose 'sole purpose is to create division'

140146[/snapback]

I don't want to start a sant baba debate here. So ohmy.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!