Nanakshahi Calendar

Guest Guru Ka Sevak

The one reason I find enuff to reject the Nanaksahi Calender is because.......

Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Maharajs Janam Diwas falls in April,If I am not wrong on 15 April.....it is spring time at this time of the year

BUT....It is CLEARLY known That Guru Sahib's Janam Divas happened in WINTER(it is clearly stated in Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Maharajs Janam Sakhi that it was in winter time)........if the Nanakshahi calender date for Guru Sahib's Janam Divas only changed a few days then it would have been acceptable.....but the date JUMPS right away in the the Spring season)....

Also everone knows that on the Day of Guru Sahib's Janam Divas......it is and SHOULD be on a full moon.....Guru Sahib's Janam Divas just passed many day ago......The moon out of 12 months in a year shine's the MOST on the Guru Sahib's janam Divas.......If u realized the on the day(which just paased) of Guru Sahib's Gurpurab the Moon shined MORE BRIGHTLY than the other normal 11 full moons......Everyone in Punjab know about this.....Thats why Guru Sahibs Gurpurab is STILL celberated in Nankana Sahib on the ACTUAL DATE.......

Yet they Name this calender after Guru Sahibs Name wacko.gif ..........

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gurfateh,

nanakshahi calender is a scheme by the indian government which was created to cause divisions in sikhi. guru sahib jees taksal follows bikrami calender. real sants follow bikrami. guru sahib mentions in rehraas sahib about bikrami calender cant remember the full shahbad. 1984 attack on sri harmander sahib was to coinside with guru sahib jees shaheedi. the calender i beleive was created so that this date wud change so future generations wud 4get that innocent sangat wer purposely killed, but wud say that ur lying as the bla bla calender ses that guru sahib was shaheed o this day.

nevertheless i follow bikrami, my local gurdvara of tividale follows bikrami and alot of gursikhs that me know follow bikrami. watch video made by singhs frm taksal years back call savala de javaab, it mentions why not to follow nanakshahi calender.

Last 2 posts seem to me made by youth who has no clue what it is talking about. Visaakhi was on March 30, in 1699. Then it was up to April 14th and now it is locked at April 15. What is wrong with it? Do you want it in September in the future or keep changing the dates, even according to Bikarmi? Bikarmi calendar doesn't have 365 days in a year. It is messed. It has 355 of 354 days. A fake month is added every couple of years to keep up. If you want to stick to a phony calendar you can be categorized there too. Also Guru Nanak Ji's birthday is in April and not in October or November. Harbhagat Niranjee wrote it is in Katak. If your Guru is Harbhagat Niranjnee, then accept Kattak.

STICK TO THE BEST! NANAKSHAHI CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!