Sitting with your back to the SGGS

DesiMaim

i've always been told that you shouldn't sit with your back to the SGGS in the gurdwara, even partially, because its disrespectful to God. someone questioned this formally, by saying that if God is everywhere, then wouldn't we have our back to him in some form or another.

i thought that was an interesting observation. just curious to know what you all think about that. and if, in fact, it is wrong to have your back to the SGGS as you're sitting in the gurdwara.

:T:

Guru Granth Sahib is our guru.. king of kings.. its not about guru sahib being god.. but about guru sahib being guru sahib..

if the judge walks int he courtroom, would ur turn ur back on him? what about the president.. well guru sahib is the emporer of the whole universe, how can u dare turn your back on him?

Guru Granth Sahib is our guru.. king of kings.. its not about guru sahib being god.. but about guru sahib being guru sahib..

if the judge walks int he courtroom, would ur turn ur back on him? what about the president.. well guru sahib is the emporer of the whole universe, how can u dare turn your back on him?

+

Its all about respect jee .. same thing with bowing in front of SGGS

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

^_^^_^^_^^_^

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!!

there is a rehatnaama that talks about this

Granth Sahib Ji paas phith kar baiteh so tankayeeyah!

He/She who turn there back to Guru Granth Sahib Ji while in hajooree is a tankayeeayah

i noticed that A LOT of ppl do this, especially right after they matha tek. when i get up frm doing matha tek i go to sit down walking sideways and diagonally so my back will not be towards my Guru

:)

Tis Gur Ko Sabh Namaskar Karoh Jin Har Ki Har Gaal Galohyeeah ^_^

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!!