Female Dharamsala's

Guest Akaal108

Guest Akaal108

I like to challenge any of you here who loves to claim sikh women equality..This is a serious issue and should be presented infront of akal takth and should be more publicised.

We all know our gurus praised women and promised woman equality in the scriptures which is a fact!!!!!!!!!!

There are male saints in sikh-history as well female saints. They both acheive salvation regardless of their sexes but how come male saints are visible and female invisible. As a singh you can go to any male dharamsala and get your vidiya from there where you have male ustads to teach you. Unfortunately, there is a lack of comfort when female goes to male ustads to learn from both sides. What i want to know is it possible in future where there are also female takshal where sikh women can get vidiya equally as men. Female dharamsala thats what we lack right now throughout the history but that wasnt in guroo's time.

Gangka Papan is one of favourite examples in guru granth sahib proves equality when it comes female being as bhramgyan/saints/mahapurshan.

She was a porsititue which turned into bhramgyanan when she self-realized.

My arguments are: Why dont women raise their voice? . IF we claim gender equality then why there is a gap here?? you get all the male saints because there are male dharamasala with male ustads there to teach you...

But where are female dharamsala's????

Guest SikhForLife

veerji it is an interesting point.. and needs to be addressed..

in the past and still today in our culture women have been looked down upon.. we fail to educate ourselves and get away from what our guru;s taught us..

but fear not. cuz i believe strongly that we will have a lot of women rise up in the future...

after our culture is totally separated from our religion and values

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

What is your challening? And who are you challenging? Sikhi or Sikhs?

Current 'Sikhs' can be challenged in many ways, but however, Sikhi cannot.

We all know that there was equality at the times of 1-10 Gurus but later on things really got changed. Punjabis changed a lot of Sikhi values :D

So your challenge really should go towards those people who are more Punjabi and less Sikh, rather than to all the Sikhs.

This issue should be presented to various schools of Sikhi like the Damdami Taksal, Rara Sahib and Nanaksar and they should be asked why do they hesitate in educated women? And why do we only see males representing these schools?

Women should themselves take a strong stand and demand what truly belongs to them.

Thanks for raising this issue on the board.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Akaal108

Veer ji i m not challenging sikhi but i m challenging those mahants in akal takth who happen to have hijacked our beautiful sikhi..

As i gave you example of woman in guru granth sahib mentioned

Here the verse for gangka papan

jih simuruth gunukaa see oudhhuree thaa ko jus our dhhaaro ||1|| rehaao ||

Meditating on Him in remembrance, Ganika the prostitute was saved; enshrine His Praises within your heart. ||1||Pause||

Guru Tegh Bahaadur Ji

Raag Sorath

gunukaa paapun hoeikai paapaa(n) dhaa gul haar purothaa||

Gankaa was a sinful prostitute who wore the necklace of misdeeds around her neck.

Bhai Gurdaas Ji

Vaars Bhai Gurdaas

And here is little glimpse of sikh woman gettin praised in sggs

In praise of women.

"We are born of woman, we are conceived in the womb of woman, we are engaged and married to woman. We make friendship with woman and the lineage continued because of woman. When one woman dies, we take another one, we are bound with the world through woman. Why should we talk ill of her, who gives birth to kings? The woman is born from woman; there is none without her. Only the One True Lord is without woman" (Guru Nanak Dev, // Asa, pg. 473)

Women have an equal right to participate in the congregation.

"Come my sisters and dear comrades! Clasp me in thine embrace. Meeting together, let us tell the tales of our Omnipotent Spouse (God). In the True Lord are all merits, in us all demerits." (Guru Nanak Dev, Sri Rag, pg. 17).

If woman has equal rights in doing kirtan. Why not

set up sikh woman dharamsala where bibi's can get their vidiya of sggs as men do from male's dharamsala's?

• 14 years later...
38 minutes ago, pavitarsk said:

There are no female dharamsalas on this planet, mate. They are nowhere to be seen.  Yes, sikhee is a man's world only, it is completely dominated by men, women are second or even third class members of it. Does that answer your question? Those brainwashed women that tell you otherwise are nothing but liars as they don't want to fall out or get rebuked by their men. They collude with their men on this. They know they are lying.  It is a well known fact that it is women that inflict most of the suffering and violence upon other women and not men because of jealousy, competition and control. It is women that control other women with the help of and in collusion with men. No wonder, their daughters rebel as soon as they grow up and demand their own ways and freedom from these controlling women whether they be their mothers, sisters, mothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, aunts and aunts-in-law.  They all do men's bidding in this.

truth is the pidis and manjhi system gave women power and as the years progressed after Guru Pita ji's passing these same women probaly got killed for bounties by kindly hindu neighbours shopping them . These days the nirmaley seem to be the only jatha which openly acknowledge and share knowledge with female students there are some females who are very highly knowledgable and can be considered sant . si