Hmmm

So was end of term this week....yeh right our groups still has to meet up like a dozen times in the xmas hols to tie up our report, 2 presentations and did i mention an Exam end of January....aaarrgggh! :@

Newyas Topic>>>>Friends want to go cinema because apparently we dont go nowhere?!!....I suggested Gurdvara, to be met by a few narrow eyes...hhahaa!

They've suggested cinema! I dont mind i said as long as we go see sumthing like harry potter (more narrow eyed stares :@ , lol)

So question to any sangat, Im amritdhari (like i know you guys already know this blush.gif ) is it appropriate to go see a film. If i dont go they're all in a major mood because im kind of the 'cool and funny' person :@ (lol.....trust me on this one!!)

So.......To Go Or Not To Go is the dilenma!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest A Singh.
it doesnt look good for sikhs to be going to the cinema. Doesnt matter above what movie etc your gonna watch + spiritually it'll effect your mind an you may just end up thinking about the movie during ur paath/simran etc

141029[/snapback]

Excellent reply Veer Ji.

I have been amritdhari for 6 and a half years and undertook santhiya about 6 years ago. I'm at the cinema at least once a week and its never caused me any problems. In fact its about one of the only things left that we can actually do without people moaning that amrit-dhari's shouldn't be doing that. Oh wait you just told me I shouldn't be doing that...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to the cinema proud to be singhni. If you are a sant then perhaps you wouldn't go, but then you would also not be doing anything except seva, naam japna and Gurbani all night and day long.

We're going tommorow night but im not sure at all!

They all want to see DOSTI (Akhsahay kumar and bobby deol) and im not too keen because the last boolywood film i saw was 1 and a half years ago...and i dont want to go back to bollywood dreamworld again!!!!

king kong or harry potter iz fine by me, but well.....let me quote by one of my girl friends "how boring are you!"

lol! Soooo......im boring now.....anyways we don't do this often so one film aint guna hurt like paji said its the one thing we CAN do! IM no Sant!!!!! no.gif

Kool. Decided.

oh can i come??? which movie u guyz gonna watch??

141051[/snapback]

Um Heera pajee...its only the cinema :@ @ lol.

Offcourse you can come providing you buy us all the popcorn and drinks. Jokes! You have enuf spending to be done at your rave dont forget paji!......

lol...nothing wrong in going to cinema...

but these crappy bollywood films..have more sleazy scenes than good story...

for me... i used to watch a movie once a week..on my pc ..lol

but since i came to brampton..and whenever i want to listen a song or see a video..i open something related to sikhi...

bhen..u r amritdhaari... go if u want.. lol..but i m sure u wont enjoy (the movie atleast)...

i still have few movies on my pc... i didnt delete them..thinkin' that i will watch them..but i dont feel so..now i find everyhing boring!!

anywys.... better watch king kong... i gonna watch it too !!

(if everything settles in the home.. :@ )

Not all Bollywood films are bad. I came into Sikhi after I saw Maachis. 2 weeks ago I went to see Apharan which deals with the wave of kidnappings in Bihar. So such movies that highlight social issues are fine I guess. Harry Potter is also good childish entertainment (wait i thought u were 26...my age tongue.gif ...grow up...juz kidding...LOL).

Dosti is however...ahem ahem...