Rehatnamas

Also I don't believe that, Rehatnamas

are as reliable as the Guru's

Guru Nanak Dev Ji:

From the woman is our birth, in the woman's womb are we shaped;

To the woman we are engaged, to the woman we are wedded;

The woman is our friend and from woman is the family;

Through the woman are the bonds of the world;

Why call woman evil who gives birth to the leaders of the World?

From the woman is the woman, without woman there is none".

(Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 473)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gur Fateh!

The contents here may upset some people, but I present some rehit nama translations concerning Sikh Women which were written shortly after Guru Gobind Singh Ji's passing. Please, if any one can correct or augment any of these stanzas, please do so where necessary...

To understand these, I would imagine that one will need to reference the entire piece and also reference the historical affairs at the time to gauge some reasoning for what appears to be contrary to the gender equality that we presently preach in Sikh circles.

-forgive me for any foolish comment-

GUR BAR AKAAAAL!

Sakhi Rahit ki (by Nand Lal) [published in Rahitname by Piara Singh Padam, 7th print 2000, page 63]

Istri de jame da visah nahi karna, antaih da laha istri ko nahi devna

The female gender is not to be trusted, the ultimate secret is not to be revealed to female gender.

2. Rahitnama Chaupa Singh,

[18th century, taken from Rahitname by Piara Singh Padam page 106]

Darbar sikhan de lagge vich maaee da jama, pothi Granth Sahib na parhe, sune sahi

In a congregation of Sikhs, females, should not read the scripture Granth Sahib, she may listen alright.

Gur ki sikhni maili hoike na parsad pakai na khawai

Guru's female sikh, if mensurating should neither cook food nor serve food.

(ibid, page 107)

>

Rahitnama Daya Singh

[Rahitname by Piara Singh Padam, page 75-76]

Ab Bihangam ke lakhan.......Istri ke hath ka unn jal na chhake

Now the signs of a celebate Sikh . . . should not eat if served by a female.

NOOOOO :)

These are made up in order to dellude people about Sikhi! They are absolutely incorrect. Things mentioned above are more or less practised in the Muslim religion or Hinduism. Not Sikhi.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I cannot trust those writings Khalsa jee.

They are not in line with the writings of the Gurus.

I am not saying that Bhai Daya Singh or BHai Nand Lal Jee are wrong.

I am saying Bhai Daya Singh or Bhai Nand Lal jee DID NOT WRITE THAT.

They never would.

If Bhai Daya singh jee said do not eat from the hands of a woman,

What about the patasas Mata Sahib Kaur put in khande-ke-pahul on April 13, 1699? ohmy.gif

What about the langar served by Mata Khivi ? :)

My Pyare Khalsa jee ^_^ , our beloved Pyare Bhai Sahib Bhai Daya Singh Jee grin.gif would not :( say this type of thing.

It is a sad situation that our rehitnamas and texts have been infiltrated by Brahmins and anti-Sikhs.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee.

>vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

bhai desa singh also said "rehit pyaari mujh ko, sikh pyara nahi". although i do NOT say anything against it, i m just wondering 2 things :

(1) Guru Gobind Singh loved EVERYONE equally. yes amritdharis do have a special place (i hope to be one someday soon) but then again Gurujee loved everyone and i find it strange to think that He didn't love non-Sikhs or non-Amritdhari Sikhs. i m confused :)

(2) as khalsa souljah pointed out that bhai desa singh's writings contradict (WAHEGURU forgive me if i m wrong coz i dunno a single bit bout the rehitnaame :( ) each other, i m wondering as to who wrote them in the name of bhai desa singh if he didn't, and as how how much we can trust their authenticity in such a case :@ .

bhul chukk maaf ;)

i come as a mere questioner and have zero knowledge :@

plzz help...guidance needed

rc='http://forums.waheguroo.com/html/emoticons/mellow.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mellow.gif'>

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i also read somewhere (it was somewhere at http://www.snsm.org , the Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia website) that a Sikh is not supposed to take bath with hot/warm water, only cold water no matter even if its winter. i tried to do it last summer and beginning of winter this year. its is more than awesome. even used to wash my hair in cold water and boy it refreshes u like anything! well its not easy to do it always so i guess i lost it :)